Author Topic: Gayest Foods Ever  (Read 57546 times)

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Gayest Foods Ever
« Reply #90 on: January 19, 2007, 03:06:20 am »
I don't know.

If you think about it hard enough, "right down my alley" sounds pretty gay. It just depends on which....... never mind.  :-X
i

i will have to say this is one of the funniest threads ive seen since, the animals...i have been on here and laughing and

being so,,,until i just lost track of time...to me one of the gayest foods ive ever seen or heard of is pettit fours.....even the

name sounds gay....to me all these terms,,dont mean gay as in homosexual, but gay as in silly.......           

janice

Beautiful mind

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #91 on: January 19, 2007, 07:16:40 am »
Ah, Petit Fours!

Petit fours--"small ovens"--were a way for pâtissiers to use up leftovers while the ovens cooled down at the end of the day's bake.

While petit four can refer to any bite-sized sweet presented at the end of a meal, they're usually tiny, beautifully iced cakes. Petit fours are traditionally made with an almond sponge cake, or joconde, but they can be any flavor of cake--and filling--you choose.

With a seemingly infinite variety of shapes, flavors and decoration, you can dress these little cakes up for a tea party, a bridal shower, or an elegant luncheon. A tray full of delectable and beautiful petit fours turns any event into an extraordinary occasion.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #92 on: January 19, 2007, 10:04:59 am »
Speaking of petit fours, that reminds me, on a couple of episodes of As Time Goes By there have been references to something, apparently British, called. ...

Fairy cakes.

(I'm not making that up. I have no idea what they might be.)

Oh, yeah, and how about anything "julienne"? Fries, veggies, whatever?
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #93 on: January 19, 2007, 10:24:36 am »

Speaking of petit fours, that reminds me, on a couple of episodes of As Time Goes By there have been references to something, apparently British, called. ...

Fairy cakes.

(I'm not making that up. I have no idea what they might be.)

heheheheh.

There basically just little individual sized sponge cakes with a little icing on top.

They often have another little bit of fairy cake on the top of the icing that look.. I suppose  like a pair of wings.

You would call them cupcakes I believe. 

http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #94 on: January 19, 2007, 11:09:39 am »

heheheheh.

There basically just little individual sized sponge cakes with a little icing on top.

They often have another little bit of fairy cake on the top of the icing that look.. I suppose  like a pair of wings.

You would call them cupcakes I believe. 

You're foolin'! That's all they are? Cupcakes? Here I was imagining something, well, ... gayer.  :laugh:
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Scott6373

« Reply #95 on: January 19, 2007, 11:11:51 am »
You're foolin'! That's all they are? Cupcakes? Here I was imagining something, well, ... gayer.  :laugh:

Cupcakes ain't gay enough for ya?  You don't strike me as a cupkae sorta guy anyway. 

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #96 on: January 19, 2007, 11:14:35 am »
Cupcakes ain't gay enough for ya?  

Of course, not, Cupcake!  ;D  :-*

Offline luigival

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #97 on: January 19, 2007, 04:34:01 pm »
How would "vol-au-vents"  or "savarins" or "vacherins" classify? It seems as if most French cuisine foods (just like quiches) naturally tend to be categorized as gay items, probably because of their implicit aura of sophistication or simply because their name sounds exotic, and French sounds - by common perception - more a "feminine" than a "masculine" language. Am I going too far...??
They were two friends of mine

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #98 on: January 19, 2007, 09:10:52 pm »
Mme. L, thank you for the histoire du petit four!  I didn't know none a that history.  Some more petit four art:

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #99 on: January 19, 2007, 09:14:35 pm »
Mme. L, thank you for the histoire du petit four!  I didn't know none a that history.  Some more petit four art:

Oh wow Clarissa. Those look really good..... and gay.  ;)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.