Author Topic: Jake In Drag??  (Read 44336 times)

Offline jakefan

• Jr. Ranch Hand
Re: Jake In Drag??
« Reply #110 on: January 15, 2007, 07:35:59 pm »
I just want to add that I saw the show Saturday and I never watch the show...ever.  It has to be somebody I love on the show to watch it.  So, of course I watched it because Jake was on there.  I loved the opening.  I was not expecting him to have a dress on underneath.  I wasn't really sure what he was getting at when he says that he was going to do something for his new fan base.  I thought he did very well with his singing.  You could tell that he rehearsed that song!  I hope he does a movie where he really gets to sing because he sounds like he has a nice voice.  I agree with the ones that liked the skit where he is prompting his book (I can't remember his character's name right now) and didn't like the meatballs skit (that's the one the writers really should have rewritten).  I also really liked the first skit where he is in his polar bear coat singing a song that has only raised $40.  I thought he did a great job hosting and he managed to be funny even when his material wasn't very funny. 

injest

« Reply #111 on: January 15, 2007, 07:46:22 pm »
just had a thought...when he said he was going to do something for his new and 'unique' fanbase...how about if he or the writers or SOMEONE had taken a look on one of these fan sites...and had HEATH come out and recreate 'the kiss'??!!

now THAT woulda made the show AND made us ALL feel valued!!

to heck with singing!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Flashframe777

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • autumn auteur
« Reply #112 on: January 15, 2007, 08:26:46 pm »
had HEATH come out and recreate 'the kiss'??!!

It would have been even better for me if he and Heath had recreated the 1st Tent Scene as the SNL opener.  But I guess that would have offended too many people.

Who is RAMON  A?
"yet he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream"

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #113 on: January 15, 2007, 10:48:41 pm »
had HEATH come out and recreate 'the kiss'??!!

It would have been even better for me if he and Heath had recreated the 1st Tent Scene as the SNL opener.  But I guess that would have offended too many people.

Who is RAMON  A?

Ramona...his niece, daughter of his sister Maggie.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Flashframe777

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • autumn auteur
« Reply #114 on: January 16, 2007, 01:59:43 am »
Oh, that's so sweet.  I'm enjoying a new niece too.  And here I am making sly fun of his shirt...tsk tsk tsk.
"yet he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream"

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #115 on: January 16, 2007, 04:15:21 am »
Just wondered what people's take was.. Would people rather that these shows did not exist?

Is it better for people to 'come round' to 'likeable' effeminate characters and accept them before they accept 'normal' gay men or lesbian women?

I'm just interested in people's view on this.

My answer - I actually don't mind Will & Grace - its that type of TV you don't have to think about too much. Does it hurt the gay community? I really really am not sure - i think I'll hve to ponder on it myself.

Hi Kelda!

You mean like the gay version of  President Bush's "Shock and Awe"?? Shock them now so they'll accept us later?

Nope. I'll be happy when everyone (Americans in particular) views the gay community as a normal, functioning, worthwhile group of people.

I see where you are going with this Kelda, but shows like "Will & Grace" are bad... really bad; especially in a country like the United States.

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline iristarr

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Ain't no reins on this one . . .
« Reply #116 on: January 16, 2007, 04:55:45 am »
Well, yesterday I had Jake's SNL performance on YouTube, but now they've taken it off, with a message that it had not been given permission to be used.  What's that all about, anyone know?  And I was ready to get my daily Jake-in-drag fix.  Anyone know where else that video could be obtained?  I just personally loved his screaming falsetto and bulging deltoids!!!
Ennis and Jack, the dogs, horses and mules, a thousand ewes and their lambs flowed up the trail like dirty water through the timber and out above the tree line into the great flowering meadows and the endless coursing wind.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #117 on: January 16, 2007, 05:02:25 am »
Hi Kelda!

You mean like the gay version of  President Bush's "Shock and Awe"?? Shock them now so they'll accept us later?

Nope. I'll be happy when everyone (Americans in particular) views the gay community as a normal, functioning, worthwhile group of people.

I see where you are going with this Kelda, but shows like "Will & Grace" are bad... really bad; especially in a country like the United States.

True - sadly I've never really thought about it in this way before - I've never had to. When I clock off at the end of the day I'm not always a big thinker (- I use my brain enough at work!) And I watch these shows generally without the political mindset thoughts in my head. But I guess I forget that while I can see that this is comedy and not necessarily real life - not everyone thinks in that way.

Well, yesterday I had Jake's SNL performance on YouTube, but now they've taken it off, with a message that it had not been given permission to be used.  What's that all about, anyone know?  And I was ready to get my daily Jake-in-drag fix.  Anyone know where else that video could be obtained?  I just personally loved his screaming falsetto and bulging deltoids!!!

Thats a shame - what about IheartJake.com?

http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #118 on: January 16, 2007, 05:11:16 am »

I posted some pics of Jake in drag on the first page of this thread. Check it out! Sorry about the quality of the pics though. I took screen shots off my computer screen.  :)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #119 on: January 16, 2007, 05:14:00 am »

True - sadly I've never really thought about it in this way before - I've never had to. When I clock off at the end of the day I'm not always a big thinker (- I use my brain enough at work!) And I watch these shows generally without the political mindset thoughts in my head. But I guess I forget that while I can see that this is comedy and not necessarily real life - not everyone thinks in that way.

[[[[[Kelda]]]]]]

Hugs to you hon!  :-*