Author Topic: Cold Case: Forever Blue  (Read 64902 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Cold Case: Forever Blue
« Reply #140 on: January 26, 2009, 04:49:46 pm »
I caught the last 1/2 hr last night. I was kind of pissed off that a gay man was portrayed as an evil, abusive and warped murderer. I didn't detect any message or comment that his behavior might be due, at least in part, by the pressures of trying to pass as straight. Nothing about how societal Homophobia destroys individuals and families. It seems gay people are usually portrayed as evil or effeminate or victims or super-sensitive or neurotic or clowns or closeted, etc.. or some combo of those. Seldom do we see well adjusted and happy (I guess there would be no drama in that).

Actually, I'm sure I caught something along those lines when Rush and Scotty were interviewing him, I think in the same sequence where I caught the reference to Judy Garland Park, but the dialog went by pretty quickly in that sequence. As for the rest, this wasn't a "gay story" in the sense that "Forever Blue" was. This story was about how the door-to-door salesman, who engaged in so many behaviors that looked suspicious, was actually trying to help people and got killed for it.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #141 on: February 01, 2009, 03:28:48 pm »
I saw this episode too and there for awhile it seemed they were tyring to suggest that the door to door salesman might be gay, but then that didn't happen. Cold Case has had several episodes dealing with gay characters. There was one several seasons ago where a gay guy was going to bathhouses and spreading AIDS. I can't remember much of what happened on it. By the way, the door to door salesman used to play Chris on "As The World Turns" and I have seen him on several shows lately. Of course, "As The World Turns" has been doing an incredible job of showing gay people in a positive light. I think it will be hard for them to make another "Cold Case" like "Forever Blue" since that show was so incredible and fantastic. I wish there could have been a whole movie based on it.

retropian

« Reply #142 on: February 13, 2009, 05:16:16 am »
I saw this episode too and there for awhile it seemed they were tyring to suggest that the door to door salesman might be gay, but then that didn't happen. Cold Case has had several episodes dealing with gay characters. There was one several seasons ago where a gay guy was going to bathhouses and spreading AIDS. I can't remember much of what happened on it. By the way, the door to door salesman used to play Chris on "As The World Turns" and I have seen him on several shows lately. Of course, "As The World Turns" has been doing an incredible job of showing gay people in a positive light. I think it will be hard for them to make another "Cold Case" like "Forever Blue" since that show was so incredible and fantastic. I wish there could have been a whole movie based on it.

Yeah, I'd watch a feature film of 'Forever Blue" as well. The writers of Cold Case where inspired by BBM, I wish there where some high profile projects to bring well known high quality Gay themed novels to the big screen. "Milk" comes to mind, but that was a true story. I'd like to see a happy ending.

Offline KristinDaBomb

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
    • My Blog
« Reply #143 on: February 22, 2009, 03:10:27 pm »
I saw this when it first aired, I'm a huge Cold Case fan. Lovely episode.
xoxo

~Kristin~

<3

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #144 on: February 22, 2009, 04:51:42 pm »

Of course, by now I've already forgotten the actor's name,  :laugh: but the day after the show aired I looked him up on IMDb. He was quite handsome with his blue eyes and his strong jawline.  :)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline sel

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #145 on: April 02, 2009, 03:20:25 am »
Finally almost two weeks ago it was my turn to watch Forever blue  (Italian TV, RAI 2).
I simply fell in love with it.   The episode exceeded my expectations, which due to the buzz surrounding it had become very high.  It was definitely inspired by BbM. I am hooked! I hope to be able to see the whole episode again, as well as more of the lead actors. 

Here's a pic taken on the set:

http://www.creativealleyproductions.com/photos/christian_keiber_cold_case_cbs.jpg

And a very good  interview by AfterElton.com with Shane Johnson ("Coop") about Forever Blue:

http://www.afterelton.com/archive/elton/people/2006/12/shanejohnson.html
BbM, I swear

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #146 on: April 02, 2009, 02:56:12 pm »
I just read that interview.  Very cool.  Thanks Sel!   :)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #147 on: April 02, 2009, 05:22:08 pm »
yeah, thanks Sel!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline sel

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #148 on: April 05, 2009, 02:22:59 pm »
I know to most of you this is old stuff.  Since watching this episode of Cold Case  on TV for the first time I have watched a few clips on Youtube, and felt compelled to come back to this thread. To me Forever Blue is a  masterpiece,  a small one, nonetheless a masterpiece in its own rights.
BbM, I swear

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #149 on: April 08, 2009, 01:23:14 pm »
I know to most of you this is old stuff.  Since watching this episode of Cold Case  on TV for the first time I have watched a few clips on Youtube, and felt compelled to come back to this thread. To me Forever Blue is a  masterpiece,  a small one, nonetheless a masterpiece in its own rights.

It will never be old stuff to me. This was one spectacular show....as you say a masterpiece!!! Thanks for the picture and the interview. I have never seen that picture before. I would have really liked to have seen this transformed into a movie which truly could have been done. Who knows maybe one day it will be. Being gay as a policeman certainly would not have been easy in the 60s and it would not be easy now either. The same goes for firemen. It seems that many of these groups are forgotten since they are so dissimilar from the stereotypical idea that a gay person is an interior decorator, etc. The same of course goes for being a cowboy as was shown in Brokeback. The world really needs to realize all the many places and professions gay people do exist and maybe it would be easier for the general population to accept in the long run.