Author Topic: What is your music lately?  (Read 51445 times)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
What is your music lately?
« on: January 15, 2007, 05:17:18 pm »
I wasn't sure where to start this thread ..lol.. Anyway..
I am curious about the kind of music my fellow Brokies listen to ..  :)

I love listening to music at work, when I am cleaning at home, cooking or working on the computer.  I NEED music most times, I guess.

Lately, I've been playing Josh Groban's latest CD "Awake" quite abit.  I love him, no surprise there! 
I listen to Joss Stone every single day at work .. so young, so incredibly talented!
Every coupla days, I listen to the BBM soundtrack at work, when I know I won't be interupted too much ..lol..

I am currently listening to "Broken" by Amy Lee and Seether - beautiful song.

What is your music lately?  :)

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
Re: What is your music lately?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 05:34:26 pm »
yep, cooking, cleaning, working, driving.... i need music too.

i've been listening to Lucinda Williams a lot lately, especially her album Essence, which is my favorite. And Richard Shindell, an American singer songwriter who lives in Buenos Aires.

And Admiral Freebee, a Belgian rock/folk singer who has released a new album Wild Dreams of New Beginnings. He recorded a song with Emmylou Harris!  :o It's great!

and the BBM soundtrack of course  ::)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 05:43:20 pm »
Funny you should ask that.  I was just thinking yesterday that my husband must not mind my obsession with Green Day so much anymore because it's been so totally eclipsed by my Brokeback one that it seems tame in comparison.

BB (Before Brokeback), I was absolutely consumed by Green Day's "American Idiot" CD.  I could not stop listening to it.  From start to finish.  Every day in my car to and from work.  When I'd had enough of that after several days/weeks in a row, I'd listen to their "International Superhits!" or "Warning" CDs.  Like Brokeback, I felt that anyone who wasn't listening to "American Idiot" (and who liked rock and/or punk rock) needed to be educated on all its merits, and pronto.  I must have foisted it on about 10 different co-workers.  Like Brokeback, two or three of them loved it, three or four of them liked it, and the other two or three hated it.

So what am I listening to lately?  Green Day.  Have they come out with something new?  No, not really.  Still listening to "American Idiot."  I guess it's fitting, come to think of it.

Maybe I should get some recommendations.  I like Linkin Park, Three Days Grace, Tool, and the Arctic Monkeys, too.  Still a head-banger after all these years, mostly.  So does anyone have some good rock/punk/hip-hop they'd like to recommend?
No more beans!

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 05:46:01 pm »

Another artist I love to death:  Dido.

I anxiously await her new album!  Supposed to be released early this year or so .. can't wait!

Scott6373

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007, 06:08:55 pm »
Easy...Vince Gil...his new CD is actually 4 CD's long...gonna take me a while to wade through that much C&W music

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2007, 06:12:58 pm »
I've also been listening to more country music lately. LauraGigs invited me to the Cowboy Poetry Gathering in Denver this past weekend and I obtained a CD by Dave Stamey, a former cowpuncher from Central California with a wonderful liquidy voice and a great yodel.

It now sits next to my Death Cab for Cutie CD.

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline coffeecat33

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2007, 08:40:17 pm »
I love Dido! Great voice and great songs.
I've been listening to acoustic music. I download songs on limewire and listen while I'm on the computer (which is pert near all the time.)

The Postal Service
Iron and Wine
Snow Patrol
Donnie Darko soundtrack
Death Cab for Cutie
Elliott Smith
Garden State soundtrack

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2007, 12:03:51 am »
Since I've come to college and become more and more of a theatre geek, I've gotten more and more into showtunes. If forced to pick a favorite, I'd probably say Rent. Great music. I also love love love Monty Python's Spamalot and the musical we did here at school last semester, Zombie Prom. Wicked is good, but I'm not nearly as obsessed with it as a lot of people are. And of course West Side Story and The Music Man and classics like that are always good. Oh, and my roommate has been listening to Dreamgirls all the time, and I like that too. And I'm seeing Urinetown - the Musical this weekend which I heard is really good and I already have the cast recording, so I'll probably start listening to that a lot after I see it.

Outside of musicals, I like pop-punk stuff that most people think is bad. Barb, I love the International Superhits CD. I didn't get into American Idiot as much though. I also like Good Charlotte, Jimmy Eat World, Bowling for Soup, and blink-182.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 12:10:10 am by cmr107 »

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2007, 01:35:26 pm »
I love Dido! Great voice and great songs.

Her third album is set for release in March .. and not soon enough!  :)

Currently listening to "Alejate" by Josh Groban!

Offline saucycobblers

• Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2007, 01:46:35 pm »
Spinning on my turntable as we speak is Elbow 'Leaders of the Free World' - great, great album.

Latest purchase was Madonna 'Confessions on a Dancefloor' - just when I was ready to write her off she comes up with this cracking album!

And others too numerous to mention... ;D
Will you stop playing with that radio of yours, I'm trying to get to sleep!