Author Topic: 2007 BAFTA Awards Nominees  (Read 27983 times)

mvansand76

Re: 2007 BAFTA Awards Nominees
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2007, 03:07:40 pm »
I have to say that Helen Mirren looks absolutely beautiful! The hair, the make-up, the dress, very well chosen.

Anybody see what Eva Green was wearing and how extremely thin she was? Looks like she is ill. It scared me. :o

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2007, 03:10:47 pm »
I have to say that Helen Mirren looks absolutely beautiful! The hair, the make-up, the dress, very well chosen.

Anybody see what Eva Green was wearing and how extremely thin she was? Looks like she is ill. It scared me. :o

I agree Mel, about Helen Mirren. Very stylish!

And Eva Green forgot to go to the hairdresser's! Scary, yes
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

mvansand76

« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2007, 03:49:31 pm »
Re: Helen Mirren.... she was given the chance to hug and kiss Jake Gyllenhaal and she didn't... what's up with that?

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2007, 03:52:33 pm »
Re: Helen Mirren.... she was given the chance to hug and kiss Jake Gyllenhaal and she didn't... what's up with that?

you're right! i'm sure she regrets it now  ;D
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2007, 03:54:00 pm »

Yeah, REALLY.  The way she was smiling at him, I thought she was gonna go for a big hug.  Silly old girl.  No one would have thought badly of her for giving him a squeeze.  Sigh.  It's a sad day when I can't live vicariously through any of these people who are fortunate enough to be in his immediate proximity.
No more beans!

mvansand76

« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2007, 04:11:50 pm »
Sigh.  It's a sad day when I can't live vicariously through any of these people who are fortunate enough to be in his immediate proximity.

LOL!!!!!  :laugh:

Offline adrian

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2007, 04:12:25 pm »
Yeah, REALLY.  The way she was smiling at him, I thought she was gonna go for a big hug.  Silly old girl.  

Maybe she wasn't sure if Jake was receptive to it....I mean, she did kinda pause, looked at him for 1.5 seconds and then...nothing!  

Remember all of Jakes roles put women at a distance.  "BBM", "Donnie Darko", "Jarhead" and "Zodiac".  Maybe he needs to do a romantic love story, with a female, I mean.

There were only two of them on the mountain flying in the euphoric, bitter air, looking down on the hawks back and crawling lights of vehicles on the plain below....they believed themselves invisible.   A. Proulx

mvansand76

« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2007, 04:16:59 pm »
Maybe he needs to do a romantic love story, with a female, I mean.

;D

What are the odds that he is gonna do another love story between two men?  :-\

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2007, 04:28:17 pm »
Let's see, there's Sundance and Butch, Batman and Robin, and we need another Starsky & Hutch, a remake of Midnight Cowboy, and he'd be great as the Virginian with Heath as Trampas, and, oh yes, I was just reading a great story about Van Gogh and Gauguin...

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2007, 04:35:37 pm »

Well, she's been in the same boat as he at one point in her career, of being sex on legs. And she probably remembers what it was like to be treated professionally for a change instead of being drooled on.

But, on the other hand, I remember the chance I had to meet Henry Winkler one time...there were about a dozen of us in his suite on the studio lot, and he was going around the room shaking hands with all the guys. I was the only woman. I stuck my hand out to shake his when he came to me and he just grabbed me and hugged me and kissed me on the mouth...I didn't care about professionalism at that point!!

"chewing gum and duct tape"