Author Topic: Jake on the cover of GQ!  (Read 8526 times)

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Jake on the cover of GQ!
« on: January 18, 2007, 04:59:57 pm »
FINALLY...

Think I'll be making a little side trip to the grocery store on my lunch break tomorrow...

No more beans!

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Jake on the cover of GQ!
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 07:24:12 pm »
I bought it today at CVS.  So it's out on the newstands. If your a Jake fan, you need to buy the issue. Five pages of text. 

I learned he really liked WILLOW (?) and he's not seeing anybody (must be lonely) and he exercises  three hrs a morning.  The movie ED WOOD didn't inspire him to get into film. WHere do ppl get this stuff?   No bombshells.  Oh and he's heard the rumors of him and Lance, i.e. either he's having an affair or he's doing a biopic of Lance. Neither is true of course.

ZODIAC is mentioned in the article several times as the journalist mentioned having  just seen a sneak preview. Only BBM reference is to how the critics reacted to Jakes' performance. 

The journalist who wrote the column noted to Jake that that the size of his head was better suited to theater. 
I didn't know oversized heads looked better on film.  He said he working on that.  I've heard ppl said that about Leo having a bid head in proportion to his body.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 07:57:53 pm »
God, if I didn't know better, I would have thought I was looking at the cover of The Advocate or Out.

It looks like they even have an article about Gay people in Iraq.

That is an excellent picture of Jake too. I could look into those eyes all day long.

Thanks Barb! I'm going to head out tonight and get my copy!  :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 08:28:45 pm »
I learned he really liked WILLOW (?)...

If I'm understanding the reference, WILLOW is a sci-fi/fantasy movie starring Val Kilmer that came out in 1988:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096446/

I remember liking it - thinking it was romantic, but that was a lifetime ago.
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2007, 07:07:28 am »
Wow - how ironic is that?  That was the last movie my last boyfriend before I met my husband and I saw together - he broke up with me right afterwards.  It was one of his favorites, too - he had already seen it and was seeing it for a second time that night.  Needless to say, it's not one of mine.

:-\

Regardless, I'll be stopping by ye olde CVS on my way in to work today, thankyouverymuch.  :)

No more beans!

mvansand76

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2007, 06:24:18 am »
Gosh can I just say that I rather see him smiling like in that Premiere article? But....he's still cute whatever kind of face he makes, just like my boyfriend (see avatar...LOL)....

:D

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2007, 06:44:58 am »
You really have a telent for taking brilliant photos (and for drawing/painitng) Jude... this is me just seeing them as before I was in wotrk and it woun't let me see images form the likes of photobucket.

The pictures of all the cats are brilliant! My cats are NOT at all that photogenic - as the pcis of them on David's blog (Messages from the Heartland) shows.. they won't sit still to take a photo and always blink with the flash goes!

Glad you saw the silly kittie imagesI posted this time round!!!

EDIT! I seem to have posted that in the wrong thread - I wondered why when I posted this message the first time it never showed on the happy birthday JUDE thread - guess thats what comes form having too many browsers open at the one time looking at bettermost!!!!

and what I emant to say whemn posting here is that Willow is a great movie. It's about a race of little people and the hereo is willow becsuse even though hes small he saves this baby from an evil queen character. Cute film. And Val Kilmer i believe married his romantic conquest in the film in real life but thay have since broke up. 

« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 04:18:51 pm by kelda_shelton »
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline jakefan

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2007, 03:57:24 pm »
I bought mine yesterday!  It was longer than his 2004 GQ interview, which made me happy.  Maybe it was just me, but I loved Jake's answer to whether he plans to have children.  He says, "Look--the most important job for a man is to find the right woman.  It's the best we can do."  Then, he continues on talking about thanking his father for choosing his mother and that she chose well.  I loved that; it was so sweet and endearing.

mvansand76

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2007, 04:08:51 pm »
I do hope somebody can post a PDF or something of the interview! Can't get the magazine here!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2007, 11:02:04 pm »
And we now know Naomi Foner makes great banana bread.  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.