Author Topic: Anyone have stats on how many DVD's sold last week?  (Read 7223 times)

Offline montferrat

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • "hunh?!"
Anyone have stats on how many DVD's sold last week?
« on: April 13, 2006, 02:33:54 pm »
Howdy all y'all....

I've searched around on the net and can't find any figures on how many BBM DVD's sold last week.  Just referred to Amazon a lot and they just show what's in their #1 spot at the moment but not how many copies have sold. Besides I don't want figures for just Amazon.

Anyone got the 411?

"hunh?!" ~ Ennis Del Mar

Offline chefjudy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "a pair a deuces"
Re: Anyone have stats on how many DVD's sold last week?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2006, 02:42:07 pm »
 :) I don't have the figures for you, but I love that tech talk.................. ;)
Judy

"it could be like this, just like this, always......" Jack Twist

vkm91941

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2006, 02:44:43 pm »
I haven't been able to find anything beyond that 1.4 million copies the first day.  But it must be selling briskly because it remains # 1 at Amazon and #2 at Barnes and Noble.

Offline montferrat

• "hunh?!"
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2006, 02:47:08 pm »
Dagnabbit!  Where's Chris when you need him?

Anyone have access to Entertainment Weekly?  Usually they have a chart with the top 10 DVD rentals and purchases.

Anyone?  Bueller?

"hunh?!" ~ Ennis Del Mar

Offline DeeDee

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2006, 02:53:04 pm »
I'll be running to the supermarket in a little bit.. I'll check it out.
In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

vkm91941

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2006, 02:53:38 pm »

Anyone have access to Entertainment Weekly?  Usually they have a chart with the top 10 DVD rentals and purchases.

Anyone?  Bueller?

Sorry the latest issue of EW doesn't even liist BBM in  the top 20 DVD sales...infact it has a little blurb on the bottom of the page edged in black like an obit with the title Worth Your Extra Time?  Brokeback Mountain  give a description of the story and then give 4 personal review blurbs with the grades c+, C-,B and D...basically says people's opinon is don't wast your time  then says to go to their website and watch two of their staffers argue wither or not this was the best pic of 2005.  NOT GOOD...This week EW was a waste of my time. :-\

Offline montferrat

• "hunh?!"
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2006, 02:58:33 pm »
Thanks deedee, I guess Victoria answered that question, apparently Entertainment Weekly is a week behind, so I assume BBM will appear in next week's chart.

Sounds like they're trying to distance themselves a bit from their initial BBM love fest. Guess if they want all their "insider" info and Interviews they have to play the game and act like BBM wasn't the best movie turned out in years.
 :-\
"hunh?!" ~ Ennis Del Mar

vkm91941

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2006, 03:01:05 pm »
Thanks deedee, I guess Victoria answered that question, apparently Entertainment Weekly is a week behind, so I assume BBM will appear in next week's chart.

Sounds like they're trying to distance themselves a bit from their initial BBM love fest. Guess if they want all their "insider" info and Interviews they have to play the game and act like BBM wasn't the best movie turned out in years.
 :-\

Well I will give them this...I just checked out that on-line debate and they ARE standing behind their inital review of A+ for the film.  Just giving equal time to the dissenters I guess.  Also on line the DVD info is listed as thru March 19...Harry Potter is still listed and the #1 selling DVD and I think I read if finally fell out of that spot a week or so ago.

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2006, 03:11:27 pm »

I was just gonna say ask Chris. He's our statistics guy.
...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.

Offline JCinNYC2006

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • What happens in Calgary....the whole world knows!
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2006, 03:12:44 pm »
The chart isn't out on EW yet, but this news clip: http://www.ew.com/ew/article/reuters/0,24012,1183333_10_0_,00.html says that BBM came in a "distant second" to The Chronicles of Narnia, which apparently sold 4m copies in its first week.  The figure is good, bummer that it's overshadowed by Narnia.  Ah well.
What is essential, is invisible to the eye....