Author Topic: The Bettermost Drabblefest: Please Join In!  (Read 1202449 times)

Offline cwby30

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Prompts
« Reply #2770 on: April 01, 2008, 12:36:52 pm »

Mornin', everyone.

Well, hope you don't mind my jumping in.  How about these for today:

- bank
   - trust
   - spread

Three guesses as to what I'm doing today... and the first two don't count.  :D

Thanks again.

cwby30

Offline cwby30

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Trust
« Reply #2771 on: April 01, 2008, 02:09:50 pm »

They lay naked and spread-eagled in the afternoon sunshine on the wide bank of their river, their panting caused by much more than the high altitude.  Trust Ennis to find another way to leave me a puddle of mush, thought Jack.  Ennis just purred beside him, eyes closed, the makings of a smile spreading across his face. 

[57 words]

[And you thought I was going to write about something else!]

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: The Bettermost Drabblefest: Please Join In!
« Reply #2772 on: April 01, 2008, 03:40:46 pm »
 ;D

That was great cowboy. You fooled me  :laugh:.

I liked your 57 words. I like puddle of mush Jack  :) And I love a content Ennis, and I love when Ennis begins to smile. It's like the sun coming up  :D.

Offline cwby30

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2773 on: April 01, 2008, 05:35:34 pm »

Afternoon.

Well,  ;D  Glad you liked it.  Another coming up. 

Thanks again. 

Offline cwby30

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Bank
« Reply #2774 on: April 01, 2008, 06:00:34 pm »
Coming from the darkness of the building he squinted in the bright afternoon sunshine, holding a piece of paper in his right hand with a death grip.  He couldn't believe it, but it was right there before his eyes, a single word stamped across it in red capital letters big enough to read even without fumbling for his glasses: PAID. As of 1:32 PM that day they owned their spread free and clear of the First Bank & Trust of Wyoming.  He grinned at the figure sitting in the truck parked at the curb, waved the paper and yelled, "Yee-haw!"

[100 words]

[There.  ;) ]

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #2775 on: April 01, 2008, 08:50:01 pm »
Thanks for the prompts, cwby!

They lay naked and spread-eagled in the afternoon sunshine on the wide bank of their river, their panting caused by much more than the high altitude.  Trust Ennis to find another way to leave me a puddle of mush, thought Jack.  Ennis just purred beside him, eyes closed, the makings of a smile spreading across his face. 

I second Chrissi's words - there's something about a smiling Ennis - and I love the sound of "their river."  :D

...  He grinned at the figure sitting in the truck parked at the curb, waved the paper and yelled, "Yee-haw!"

[There.  ;) ]

There, indeed. :)  What a happy image.

Thanks again,
Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #2776 on: April 01, 2008, 08:58:18 pm »
A Sacred Trust

He relived those moments hundreds of times in his dreams, the mere thought of them sustaining him through long days and never-ending nights.  Ennis's face, so childlike in its unguarded relief and happiness, his deep voice – Jack Fuckin' Twist! – so exuberant and free, his crushing embrace so fierce and untamed, his bruising kisses so desperate and raw, his nuzzled whisper so gentle and pure.  Later.

He knew he had been given a gift in those moments, something he'd begun to think he'd only imagined up on Brokeback Mountain. The true Ennis - his and his alone. 

His most sacred trust.

~~~~~~~
100 Words

The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline cwby30

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: A Sacred Trust
« Reply #2777 on: April 01, 2008, 11:23:18 pm »

Evenin', Marie.

Wow, great! No one else saw the Ennis that Jack knew and saw, so he protected that forever.  How hard for both of them. 

Thanks again.

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #2778 on: April 02, 2008, 01:20:41 pm »
Happy Wednesday - some prompts for today:

• "me neither"
  • 25%
  • once in a while

Marie

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #2779 on: April 03, 2008, 12:53:38 pm »
The Empty Pillow

Lureen gathered her paperwork and looked over at Jack sprawled on the couch.  "Don't think I can keep my eyes open any longer."

"Me neither."  Jack's eyes were glued to the TV, his thumb working the remote control automatically.

"I'm turning in, then…………you coming?"

The channels kept changing.

"Jack?"

"Huh? Oh. In a minute."

She undressed slowly and shivered as she lay down on the cool sheets, knowing the minute would turn into hours.

"Is it too much to expect a little attention once in a while, instead of once every four fucking years?" she whispered.

The empty pillow did not reply.

~~~~~~~
100 Words