Author Topic: Stronger than ever  (Read 2206 times)

Offline luigival

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
Stronger than ever
« on: February 03, 2007, 10:31:56 am »
Still running, maybe even more than last year: why is real life so hectic and often apparently senseless? But these days made me remember what it was like one year ago, so I took some time for these lines. February 2006: the month of the Oscars, with plenty of interviews to almost everybody in the cast. Almost daily the media brought forward opportunities to hear about BBM, and the expectations for the most sought after statuette were definitely high. I would say I was really “perky” and sure it would have made it, especially after the Golden Globes and the BAFTAs.
We’re now in February 2007, and here in Italy at least, SKY TV is airing BBM once more as from next monday, along with other good 2006 Oscar runners like Transamerica, so these days the trailer is running multiple times each day on my TV screen. Last October BBM had already appeared on SKY for the whole month as pay per view, but it’s now available to all SKY TV subscribers, along with an interesting 10 minute feature which includes interviews to Ang, Heath and Jake. Nothing new, really, they’re all interviews I’ve already seen many times, but that’s enough to glue me to the screen and capture my thoughts once more, exactly as if it was the first time I heard about this wonderful intimate and private story. Once more I feel it’s the place for my soul, my own private island where I can seek refuge from this crazy world, reflecting on what is really important in life.
Maybe that’s why I love BBM so much.
They were two friends of mine

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Stronger than ever
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007, 10:59:36 am »
So good to hear from you Luigi! Yes, our favourite movie has "long legs" and it's good to see the interviews again now that the sting of the Oscar snub has worn off. Thank you for staying in touch!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2007, 12:08:54 pm »
Hi Luigi.  Lucky you, to have SKY TV.  You can breathe the mountain air this week.  I agree that BBM is a kind of refuge from the world, a place to be with well-loved friends who help you appreciate what's important.  :)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline luigival

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2007, 02:02:55 pm »
So good to hear from you Luigi! Yes, our favourite movie has "long legs" and it's good to see the interviews again now that the sting of the Oscar snub has worn off. Thank you for staying in touch!!
Hi Front-Ranger! Great to hear from you as well. You know "I been here and there", but finally always end up at Bettermost where I - at least partly - belong. Remember to keep me posted on your Sardinian projects and compliments to you and the other friends setting up the BBM BBQ weekend in Colorado and Wyoming this year! Pity I won't be able to attend as at that time of the year I expect to be quite busy. I will undoubtedly envy you while unwinding your way all the way up Brokenback Mountain...

Offline luigival

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2007, 02:06:13 pm »
Hi Luigi.  Lucky you, to have SKY TV.  You can breathe the mountain air this week.  I agree that BBM is a kind of refuge from the world, a place to be with well-loved friends who help you appreciate what's important.  :)
Right Meryl: "lucky me" this week! Though the external forces will be against me, BBM will help in surviving 'em...Ciao