Author Topic: Another Writing Experiment!! see first post for rules!!  (Read 8727 times)

injest

Re: Another Writing Experiment!! see first post for rules!!
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2007, 09:51:40 pm »
Don''t forget verbs, linking words, colors, flavors..remember the more the better!

be inventive and pay attention. Try carrying a piece of paper around in your pocket and writing words you notice or think of...

injest

STEP TWO!!
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2007, 12:31:44 am »
NOW it is time to use the words you collected.

Look around your house there and find about five objects that you can bring together on a table. Get some sticky notes and write one of your words from your list on the sticky note.

Now begin putting the sticky notes on the objects you just collected in two or three word phrases. Try to think in new combinations...don't go for the obvious connections.

Mix them up, play with them. The goal is to look at how words give meaning to objects and determine HOW we think of them.

post a few of your favorites. Tell what the object is and then tell your phrase.

for example I had a pot of strawberries and my phrase was community passion. (the idea of community being growing for others to consume...) (passion being the feeling I have for the people who eat what I have grown)

LOL

didn't say it was good...just an example of one of my phrases!!

try your own!

you have one week for this stage...

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2007, 02:38:31 am »
I hereby add the entire contents of the following Web page to my list: http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,543.0/all.html

Somehow I doubt Jess is gonna let us get away with that one! ::) :P
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

injest

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2007, 09:13:02 am »
assured believe best blue closeness confidence dashing drastic dream expectations forested fuzzy gold heartbreak important Marquesas marred memory peaceful puzzlement reluctance remorse solid space support Syracuse tangential tapestry tellingly Telluride time unbreakable warmth weaver withdrawn

a for from the to with

I hereby add the entire contents of the following Web page to my list: http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,543.0/all.html

ROTF!!!

well .....

not really in the SPIRIT of the exercise!!

all those words are faves huh??

>:( ::)

injest

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2007, 12:48:12 am »
  • Blue closeness: the guys in their denim jackets on the film’s DVD case
  • Gold heartbreak: gold box for Microsoft Office—heartbreak caused by installation hassles
  • Withdrawn weaver: When I feel withdrawn on some days, I write (weave tiny tales).
  • Solid space: This combination of words might seem a contradiction, but my desk is solid wood and most of the drawers are empty.
Sorry to have offended. I’ll not play anymore, if that’s your preference.  :-\ To quote Mr. Silverstein: “Shall I waddle off to woedom?”

Don't be silly!! I laughed my behind off! I thought it was VERY clever!!

Withdrawn weaver LOVE this one...I like how it makes me think of how a weaver weaves for the consumption of others....he/she makes things for others to use....but withdrawn meaning he/she has pulled away from other people...the people he/she weaves FOR...

very nice!!!

Thank you!!

:-*

injest

FINAL!!!
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2007, 11:53:14 pm »
Ok...select a photograph....and write a four to eight line long poem using JUST the words you collected!! Be original and have fun with it. Doesn't have to make sense to me....just to you!

Post the picture and the poem here!!!

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
Re: Lynne's Words
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2007, 06:13:57 pm »
stealthy kittens (but they would NOT stand for the sticky notes! :) )

celebrate friendship and kismet (on my envelope from Truman containing genuine Wyoming sage)

resilient parents endure (on mom's oxygen machine)

dance of the ridiculous (on my TV in prep for Oscar night :) or to remind me to find time for humor and comedy in my life)

joyously intrepid (on a picture of Vicki and me scuba diving from years ago)

succulent spring (on some fruit - I know I'm rushing things since it isn't home-grown)
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

injest

Re: Lynne's Words
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2007, 07:16:11 pm »
stealthy kittens (but they would NOT stand for the sticky notes! :) )

celebrate friendship and kismet (on my envelope from Truman containing genuine Wyoming sage)

resilient parents endure (on mom's oxygen machine)

dance of the ridiculous (on my TV in prep for Oscar night :) or to remind me to find time for humor and comedy in my life)

joyously intrepid (on a picture of Vicki and me scuba diving from years ago)

succulent spring (on some fruit - I know I'm rushing things since it isn't home-grown)

very nice!!

love the Dance of the Ridiculus!!

thank you!!!

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2007, 08:56:25 pm »
When's this FINAL business due, Madam Jess?  And is the poem with all our words or just our phrases??
-Lynne
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

injest

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2007, 10:12:04 pm »
When's this FINAL business due, Madam Jess?  And is the poem with all our words or just our phrases??
-Lynne

you have til next Sunday...and it is only 4 to 8 lines long...so use your word lists to make the lines. (the phrases were practice!!)  :)