Author Topic: Coming out storyline in Brit soap 'Coronation Street'  (Read 31237 times)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Coming out storyline in Brit soap 'Coronation Street'
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2007, 06:48:59 pm »
Hey Andrew ..

Look what I did this afternoon ..  :D

(The smaller one is mine ..  :P)

What do you think?  ;D

Offline Andrew

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2007, 08:55:16 pm »
I can't believe this!  You know wearing that t-shirt is going to transform my personality!  I can't wait! Did you actually...make them? They're totally authentic as anybody can see from your fan art on the page before.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 09:02:56 pm by Andrew »

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2007, 02:54:57 am »
I can't believe this!  You know wearing that t-shirt is going to transform my personality!  I can't wait! Did you actually...make them? They're totally authentic as anybody can see from your fan art on the page before.

They look pretty authentic, don't they?!   :D

I bought the tees and got the letters printed on!  There is a cute little store in one of the malls near me that prints tees!
I could've actually sat on my sewing machine and embroidered these but that would've lacked the "instant gratification/wow" factor of seeing them after they are done!  :P

Can't wait to wear mine either!  ;)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 02:57:45 am by Lucise »

Offline Andrew

« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2007, 09:47:21 am »
Printed is much more authentic than embroidered would've been anyway!

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2007, 01:01:56 pm »
Milli,

Those side-by-side T-shirts made me smile.  Good work.  You are good.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2007, 01:32:04 pm »
Printed is much more authentic than embroidered would've been anyway!

Agreed!  8)

Milli,

Those side-by-side T-shirts made me smile.  Good work.  You are good.

Hehe..
What's it they say about little pleasures in life?
This is one of those things for me ..  ;)

Offline Andrew

« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2007, 01:46:01 pm »
I have been reflecting on a beautiful, simple little sequence of shots, lasting just a few seconds, at the critical moment when Todd decides he can't bear his misery alone any longer and goes to see his mother.

But before I get into that in the next post, here are a few critical screencaps from the scene immediately before my scene. 

These are from the beginning of the Youtube 'Todd's story - 8', and on the Stuart's Scene listing it's 100).  This is Todd, finding at eighteen that all the sweetness of life has suddenly gone to wormwood.  And in that state of mind when he is absolutely compelled to question Karl even though he knows in advance how devastating its effect on himself is going to be.  To paraphrase Jane Austen, he is left with 'all the satisfaction of having made Karl say what would give no one any pain but himself.'

Meanwhile,  Karl is flipping his water bottle and his eyebrows up at the same time...

« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 01:55:08 pm by Andrew »

Offline Andrew

« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2007, 02:37:54 pm »
Here's the little transitional scene I love.

A little scene with no words.

It's in 'Todd's story - 8', when it comes right after the scene above, but it's missing from the series on Stuart's Scene Listing.

Here's Todd coming through a dark passage with a patch of light far behind him...

...and catches sight of his mam walking away from him towards her house.  She didn't see him ...

...and he continues back on his way for a few more seconds...

...She's almost out of sight now, back home...

Offline Andrew

« Reply #68 on: February 25, 2007, 03:03:28 pm »
...and in the next scene he is startling her by walking in her front door, unexpected.

I hate to spoil that little moment with words.  But it has a beautiful economy, and it has the plainness and clarity of the best popular art.  His mam, who is now going to walk away more into her own life as his upcoming marriage puts him more into his own.  The sudden idea of going to her freely, because he needs to, even though she is preoccupied with her own normal daily concerns like the groceries.   --Not, as often in the past,  dealing with her because she is coming to him to put some demand on him.  She is going the other way, he must act at once, she can only help him if he takes action on his own.  The opportunity will only be there for a few seconds, she is about to turn into the house and disappear, as his chosen life is about to close in all around him.  She has not seen him, she does not know he is standing there and she does not know what he now knows, who he really is, unless he tells her himself.

MAM!

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #69 on: February 25, 2007, 03:44:24 pm »
Cheers for those caps Andrew and for the wonderful analysis of those scenes!  ;)

This picture below of Todd is wonderful.  Whenever I watch this scene, I marvel at the expressions on Bruno's face.  The way his eyes show just how much Todd's heart is breaking.  He almost breaks down in tears when he asks Karl, "Why are you doing this to me?" - his pain is so palpable at that point.  Bruno is a fantastic actor.   :)