Author Topic: ~~THE PERFORMANCE THREAD~~ What Now?  (Read 2038 times)

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I lost myself to him.
~~THE PERFORMANCE THREAD~~ What Now?
« on: February 05, 2007, 05:30:18 pm »
Don't really need to put anything in here....

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,2739.msg151214.html#msg151214

I'd like to thank our performers so far. It's been an incredible experience.... topsy turvy in some places, but an incredibly wild ride. Ain't no reins on this one! If you are a regular performer or reader of the thread, please vote. I'd like to see this through to the end, but even I am sometimes knocked so far off my feet its difficult to get back on them again.

Thanks again, Daniel's Jack.
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
Re: ~~THE PERFORMANCE THREAD~~ What Now?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 06:12:07 pm »
Just voted for "follow the storyline as it is". The way the PT has been slowing down, I doubt we'll get to the end of the film. That's just the way of things. It's been a lot of fun.  :) And we've reached the scene where canon Jack starts dying inwardly - and it's all downhill from here. That's a lot of sadness for the PT exuberance and inventiveness to manage....... 

In all honesty I was actually hoping for the story to veer off course here like it's just done. I was completly delighted; - and happily surprised. Let this version of our boys stay together! I for one will be queuing up for their moving-in-together party, as Mika or Monroe or Do-Do or anyone else who might bring awkwardness, bad belted-out tunes, lots of good food and general weirdness to the proceedings!  :)

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • " Save a horse ... ride a cowboy "
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 07:18:31 pm »
I voted to stick to the original storyline. We already have so many freedoms on TP to veer off track and indulge in sub-plots that it really doesn't make too much sense to just change the whole idea of TP right now!  I myself really like to see how the actors are going to play out the original scenes.  And I relize sometimes it takes awhile to get to the original scenes, but eventually we make it. In some shape or form.

. Bottom line is this.  For me it has always been dedicated to the original story. The founding father Ray intended it to be so , and all the actors who dedicated so much of their imaginations and talents to this point I believe would want to see the original story line continue on to the end.  But I could be wrong!
" Save a horse... ride a cowboy "

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2007, 07:40:43 pm »
I feel strongly that we should stick to the original story in one fashion or another.   This is the only thing that gives the thread its anchor and through-line.  The fact that it turns sad now is going to be a challenge, but I think the serious parts are interesting, too, and comedy can spring from dark stuff, as we all know.  As I see it, we have an opportunity to reinvent the PT with every page and every new poster.  It's a living work of art.

What I'd most like to see is some active recruiting to add some new life to the thread.  We suffered a blow when Lesliecoffeecat left, and who knows if Alec is going to make another appearance, but those of us who are left are damn fine performers.  We need to collar some more simpatico BetterMostians (both new and old) and throw 'em in the water and see if they float.  ;D

« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 02:45:52 am by Meryl »
Ich bin ein Brokie...