Author Topic: Welcome to the Creative Writer's Corner!  (Read 18969 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Welcome to the Creative Writer's Corner!
« on: February 11, 2007, 12:02:53 pm »
I know we have lots of very talented and creative people here at Bettermost, and many of them like to write. This is the place to share your stories, poetry, musings, or whatever. You may have been inspired by Brokeback Mountain or something else. There is no requirement in this forum that the writings be BBM related.

Feel free to post directly in the thread (for shorter pieces) or post links to works that may reside elsewhere (LiveJournal or wherever). Please feel free to contact me or any of the other moderators with questions. We're here to help!

Leslie
MaineWriter
Moderator, Creative Writer's Corner
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 05:26:00 pm by MaineWriter »
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
Re: Welcome to the Creative Writer's Corner!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 09:48:59 am »
So many talented writers and I love reading the creativity in all forms.  Thanks for starting this thread.   Now I just have to find the time!   :) Thanks!

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 07:13:04 am »
ok im creative and I write. Now what?
"I couldn't stand it no more so i fixed it"

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2007, 04:36:51 am »
ok
here's two links. The brokeback fanfic sites are too complicated, it's easier to use MLJ.That way they don't yell at you for not using somethinh called LJ cut.

The final day on BBM, from JT's head. Strictly canon, film with SS  input[the pissing scene].

Oh yeah, from a male point of view, which for some reason every woman who has seen this is blown away by. Why I'm not too sure.

http://bbm-jack.livejournal.com/637.html    part1

http://bbm-jack.livejournal.com/1748.html   part2

part 3, a few days, want to look at it again.

there isn't much on the journal but feel free to look around. I still am amazed that i figured out how to use the damned thing to the extent I DO use it.

Offline dmctx

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2007, 10:42:40 pm »
Hi!
I just joined this group today and am looking forward to many hours of interesting conversation and reading.
I write both Brokeback Mountain and X-Files stories and am looking for a place to post them.
Could you please tell me how and where to post them?
Thank you so  much for your time.
Donna
dmctx

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2007, 11:03:07 pm »
OH
MY
F'ing
GOD!!!!!!

DONNA MAC!!!!!!

WELCOME!!!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2007, 07:34:20 am »
Hi!
I just joined this group today and am looking forward to many hours of interesting conversation and reading.
I write both Brokeback Mountain and X-Files stories and am looking for a place to post them.
Could you please tell me how and where to post them?
Thank you so  much for your time.
Donna
dmctx

Hi Donna,

We have a board for BBM fanfic. Feel free to start a thread over there...or I can do it if you want. Let me know.

Non BBM stories of all sorts go here...you can start a thread for those, too.

Let me know if you need help.

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline dmctx

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2007, 05:10:30 pm »
Brokeback Jack!!!!   Hugs and kisses all over the place!  So good to connect with you again!  Missed you somthing fierce!
Trying to figure this site out.  It will be great to find a place where I can post both my BBM and X-F stories!
You are on LJ?  Amazing!  You have my greatest respect.  I have tried to figure that one out for months and finally just gave up.  I don't think it was meant for old ladies to get on!
Donna

Offline dmctx

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2007, 05:33:50 pm »
Hi Leslie,
Thanks so much for answering my message.  Yes, I definitely do need help.  I'm an old lady and I barely know my way around a computer; never having had any lessons.
I do know how to type and I do know how to write stories.  What I don't know is all the terminology used to be able to get around on these wonderful sites.
I can follow links though, and am pretty good at directions if they are very basic.
Could you give me some idea how to get over to the BBM site to post my BBM stories?  Also, how does one post on this site.  Just in the reply place?
I have all my stories in Word and am pretty good at copying and pasting. 
Is there a size limit on this site?  What about content?  Are NC-17 allowed?  Explicit scenes allowed?
Looking forward to spending a lot of time over here.
Donna

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2007, 06:24:07 am »
Brokeback Jack!!!!   Hugs and kisses all over the place!  So good to connect with you again!  Missed you somthing fierce!
Trying to figure this site out.  It will be great to find a place where I can post both my BBM and X-F stories!
You are on LJ?  Amazing!  You have my greatest respect.  I have tried to figure that one out for months and finally just gave up.  I don't think it was meant for old ladies to get on!
Donna

Donna are you coming up for the BBQ?