Author Topic: Camden Yards by debutante9 (Kumari)  (Read 47766 times)

mvansand76

Re: Camden Yards by debutante9 (Kumari)
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2007, 06:16:03 pm »
(*pops head in and looks around*)

Update?

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2007, 06:21:43 pm »
(*pops head in and looks around*)

Update?

No Mel......... :(

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2007, 02:46:42 pm »
Camden Yards 5!!!

http://debutante9.livejournal.com/10876.html

WOW! SO good....I'm blown away.

mvansand76

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2007, 03:39:59 pm »
Camden Yards 5!!!

http://debutante9.livejournal.com/10876.html

WOW! SO good....I'm blown away.

OMG!!!!! Thanks June... I really wondered if this was gonna be updated soon...

I am so excited, so many new updates today, I cannot keep up..... TCJ, ALSE, CJ.... (more?), oh my.... I need to start reading now...

mvansand76

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2007, 07:45:33 am »
OMG! That was wonderful and intense and wonderful and... oh my God!

I love this story and the depth of the characters... there is so much going on under the surface.... Poor Ennis, he has no clue what it is that he is feeling, grief, longing, love and sadness all mixed up....

I wonder where this is all going and I cannot wait for the next chapter!

mvansand76

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2007, 04:35:42 pm »
Ok, somebody help me here....

You know, I've been thinking about this chapter all day now and there is something about it. It's almost as if the Ennis and Jack in this story have some sort of mutual memory of Brokeback Mountain Jack and Ennis that they cannot put a finger on. They cannot dodge fate, it's as if they know there is has always been something between them and that in their souls they are Brokeback Jack and Ennis, hence the reference to the blood on Jack's t-shirt.

I really don't know how to explain this in English, do I make sense?  :-\

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2007, 07:04:13 pm »
Ok, somebody help me here....

You know, I've been thinking about this chapter all day now and there is something about it. It's almost as if the Ennis and Jack in this story have some sort of mutual memory of Brokeback Mountain Jack and Ennis that they cannot put a finger on. They cannot dodge fate, it's as if they know there is has always been something between them and that in their souls they are Brokeback Jack and Ennis, hence the reference to the blood on Jack's t-shirt.

I really don't know how to explain this in English, do I make sense?  :-\

You've explained it perfectly and, yes, you make sense!  :) I know just what you mean.  There seems to be a cosmic force pushing them together - something greater than themselves and something neither one of them can comprehend or explain - yet.   

Kumari has done a brilliant job of leading us to this chapter - this moment - this kiss.  Always, always, in every second of every scene between Jack and Ennis we've felt that connection, that vibration, just waiting and wanting to be pushed to the surface. . . so many times Jack casually touched Ennis, or made a reason for Ennis to touch him ( how he started eating the crabs and then had to have Ennis role his sleeves up for him).  And how Jack knows  Ennis will come to him in his time of need.  It was masterfully executed - so subtle but yet so powerful.

I love your comment about the depth of the characters - we know them so well because Kumari has shown us in a million little ways exactly who they are - and yet they are so much more than that- so complex.    The depth of the characters brings a depth to the story.  Can't wait to see what happens next.

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

mvansand76

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2007, 08:01:48 am »
You've explained it perfectly and, yes, you make sense!  :) I know just what you mean.  There seems to be a cosmic force pushing them together - something greater than themselves and something neither one of them can comprehend or explain - yet.   

Kumari has done a brilliant job of leading us to this chapter - this moment - this kiss.  Always, always, in every second of every scene between Jack and Ennis we've felt that connection, that vibration, just waiting and wanting to be pushed to the surface. . . so many times Jack casually touched Ennis, or made a reason for Ennis to touch him ( how he started eating the crabs and then had to have Ennis role his sleeves up for him).  And how Jack knows  Ennis will come to him in his time of need.  It was masterfully executed - so subtle but yet so powerful.

I love your comment about the depth of the characters - we know them so well because Kumari has shown us in a million little ways exactly who they are - and yet they are so much more than that- so complex.    The depth of the characters brings a depth to the story.  Can't wait to see what happens next.

Marie

Thank God I was making sense! LOL. I had been running it through my head all day. This scene where they kiss confirms it for me, it was as if it was out of their grasp and like they were taken over by this feeling that was not theirs yet. This opens up everything.

I love how you pointed out that Jack knows in his heart that Ennis will come to him in this time of need. It's so sad and beautiful at the same time...

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2007, 05:38:33 pm »
Wow! From all the positive comments I just read, this sounds like a really good story.

Maybe I'll start reading it sometime.  :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

mvansand76

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2007, 07:22:50 am »
Wow! From all the positive comments I just read, this sounds like a really good story.

Maybe I'll start reading it sometime.  :)

Oh no, you were reading the comments? We should have put spoiler above them, because these really are EXTREMELY SPOILER-Y comments...

:(

Don't continue reading these comments David!