Author Topic: The Bull and Its Rider, by littleguitar  (Read 11534 times)

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
Re: The Bull and Its Rider, by littleguitar
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2007, 10:31:13 am »
wow Marie, that is some gift you have there, saying exactly what i was thinking!! ;).

Maybe we could start a support group  ;D

LOL, can I join?

Thanks you two, I'm really glad you're enjoying it, and that you liked those lines!  :-*
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2007, 10:34:39 am »
It's comforting to me knowing Ennis will be around the ranch now.

Me too... in the beginning I hadn't planned on bringing Ennis in at all until much later in the story, but then I just couldn't do it, I had to have them together  ::)

I'm glad you don't mind the age difference, I really hadn't even thought that much about it until I started getting comments on it. 5 years doesn't seem that far apart to me, either. Though, I guess it'd be different if Jack was 21 and Ennis 26...

Thanks for the lovely comments, June!  :-*
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

mvansand76

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2007, 12:12:17 pm »
That BASTARD John Twist!  >:(

I am glad that in my story he is dead and buried!  :laugh: You do write him well though!

I hope Jack is gonna go back to school. I love to read that his teachers asked about him!

So Jack is 16 and Ennis 21?  :o I bet Jack's almost 17 and you are gonna make them wait until Jack's 18, like in BFF!  :laugh:

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2007, 02:46:32 pm »
wow Marie, that is some gift you have there, saying exactly what i was thinking!! ;).

Maybe we could start a support group  ;D

LOL!!  There's a lot of that "great minds" stuff floating around, Fabienne!  And, yes, a support group is a great idea.  I'll step up to the microphone first - "My name is Marie and I'm a Brokebackaholic - and I don't want to be cured." 

Great to see you, Fabienne - hope you had a great holiday!   :)

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2007, 03:00:11 pm »
LOL!!  There's a lot of that "great minds" stuff floating around, Fabienne!  And, yes, a support group is a great idea.  I'll step up to the microphone first - "My name is Marie and I'm a Brokebackaholic - and I don't want to be cured." 

Great to see you, Fabienne - hope you had a great holiday!   :)

Marie

*takes the microphone from Marie* 'My name is Fabienne and i'm a brokaholic and fanfic-aholic. And i don't want to be cured'  ;D

We had a great week in Italy Marie, thanks! good to be back.

So, my dear author, when do we get our next 'fix'??  ;)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2007, 10:29:17 pm »
So Jack is 16 and Ennis 21?   I bet Jack's almost 17 and you are gonna make them wait until Jack's 18, like in BFF! 

LOL I'm not good at evil! I'll leave the incredibly frustrating sexual tension to Sienna, queen of angst! Though, you're right, Jack is almost 17  :)

So, my dear author, when do we get our next 'fix'?? 

Soon I think, I can't get this one out of my head... (even though I should be working on JBLaY  :-\)

Thanks everyone for the comments! I was actually really worried about this one!

Offline coffeecat33

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2007, 12:12:56 am »
*takes the microphone from Marie* 'My name is Fabienne and i'm a brokaholic and fanfic-aholic. And i don't want to be cured'  ;D

"My name is Coffeecat and I'm a Gyllenhaalic, Brokaholic, and a fan-fic slash writer-reader! I don't want to be cured, either!"

;D

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2007, 03:38:43 pm »
Chapter 2 is up!!

http://minchout.livejournal.com/

I love this story!  :)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2007, 07:09:07 pm »
Chapter 2 is up!!

http://minchout.livejournal.com/

I love this story!  :)

Thanks for the heads up, Fabienne.  I love it, too.  Gorgeous writing!

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline coffeecat33

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2007, 11:04:27 pm »