Author Topic: My "Great White North"  (Read 392516 times)

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: My "Great White North"
« Reply #900 on: June 02, 2008, 01:47:22 pm »
Been cool!!  >:(

Flowers are blooming about 2 or 3 weeks behind last year's schedule. But that's about to change - even though tomorrow's high is just 18C (64F), it's expected to rise by Friday to 32C (90F)!!

Good on the tomatoes, I guess.
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #901 on: June 02, 2008, 02:20:55 pm »
Been cool!!  >:(

Flowers are blooming about 2 or 3 weeks behind last year's schedule. But that's about to change - even though tomorrow's high is just 18C (64F), it's expected to rise by Friday to 32C (90F)!!

Good on the tomatoes, I guess.
Wow! Thats hot for you guys hunh?
It's been flirting with 90 here for a few weeks. We should hit 90 or above this week. :-\
I hate the heat and humidity. We rarely have one without the other.
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #902 on: June 02, 2008, 02:50:43 pm »
Wow! Thats hot for you guys hunh?
It's been flirting with 90 here for a few weeks. We should hit 90 or above this week. :-\
I hate the heat and humidity. We rarely have one without the other.

Above 30C temperatures do happen here - usually less than a dozen times in a year. Last year I think we reached 30C something like 6 times before the end of May - and nearly 20 times by fall. This'll be our first this year (I think). We've mostly had furnace-turned-on weather this spring ...
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

injest

« Reply #903 on: June 02, 2008, 06:41:35 pm »
How are those plans coming along there Jess? Hunh?  ;D

you be quiet!

;) ;)

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #904 on: June 08, 2008, 05:07:16 pm »
Got a phone call from my niece this morning. They're not saying that she's on her dying bed, but my Mom's taken a turn for the worse. Time to visit her one last time (apparently), so I've made plans to take my sister (coming in from Niagara Falls either tonight or early tomorrow) and my brother (from Toronto - who hasn't been up to Timmins since my dad's funeral 2 years ago) up with me in a rented car tomorrow.

Daniel & Claudette (siblings that live in Timmins) are thinking Mom might not last much longer than a couple a days - maybe a week.

Will no doubt be keeping y'all informed of progress through this thread.

injest

« Reply #905 on: June 08, 2008, 05:08:19 pm »
{{{Roland}}}

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #906 on: June 10, 2008, 08:30:22 am »
Got a phone call from my niece this morning. They're not saying that she's on her dying bed, but my Mom's taken a turn for the worse. Time to visit her one last time (apparently), so I've made plans to take my sister (coming in from Niagara Falls either tonight or early tomorrow) and my brother (from Toronto - who hasn't been up to Timmins since my dad's funeral 2 years ago) up with me in a rented car tomorrow.

Daniel & Claudette (siblings that live in Timmins) are thinking Mom might not last much longer than a couple a days - maybe a week.

Will no doubt be keeping y'all informed of progress through this thread.
Aww Sheriff!
I'm so sorry to hear this.
Sending long distance hugs to you and lifting up prayers for you and your family!

{{{{{SHERIFF}}}}}}  :-*
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #907 on: June 12, 2008, 07:32:33 am »
Well mom's over the worse this time

She'll be weeker everythime she goes through another episode and her living will doesn't allow for 'extreme measures' to be used - next time. Even this time, had it been her regular doctor and not the weekend doctor on call making the descisions, she would not have received the antibiotics she got - won't be getting em next time - cause Daniel and Claudette, the people responsible for the decision making will be consulted next time. They've talked about it with mom and all the sibblings and all agree (even the one discenting voice has been convinced - by mom herself) that mom's ready to let nature take it's course.

As for now, she's still got diabetes problems, which causes her water restrictions (quality of life issues). She's (thankfully) lost a lot of excessive water in the past 3 days and she's now beginning to get back to eating soft food.

Her kidneys are only working on the last stage (3.5 of 4) before becoming disfuctional, and she's awfully week - doesn't feed herself.

She's talking more - able to request water (I even made her smile yesterday) and her current crissis problem (pneumonia) has decreased - her breathing is less noisy, coughing less extensive after each (every 4 hours) ventilum treatment.

Basically, what we were told is pretty accurate. This was likely a last chance to see her before she passes away. Could be in days, weeks or months, but she will have another episode and it's likely to be her last. After all, each 'episode' leaves her weaker than before, and the quality of life is already not reasonable. She's ready.

I'll be heading back home (to Toronto) on Sunday. One of my sisters - the outatowner will be staying indefinetely, thus alleviating the burden by the local sibblings (Daniel & Claudette) as they return back to their regular jobs. Also Andre will be coming in on Monday for his 'last' visit. Only Gilbert won't be making the trip up.

And that brings you up to date on events.

injest

« Reply #908 on: June 12, 2008, 08:16:36 am »
 :( :( :(

{{{Roland}}}

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #909 on: June 12, 2008, 08:33:21 am »
I'm so sorry Sheriff!
Wish I could say or do more.
{{{{{Sheriff}}}}}