Author Topic: My "Great White North"  (Read 389024 times)

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: My "Great White North"
« Reply #70 on: April 20, 2007, 07:52:59 pm »
Jess insisted that there was no such thing as an ugly daffy - boy is she wrong!!!

Took these pictures moments ago!

2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #71 on: April 20, 2007, 07:53:26 pm »
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

injest

« Reply #72 on: April 20, 2007, 07:55:04 pm »
those are not UGLY>>they are unusual though...

I kinda like them!

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #73 on: April 22, 2007, 08:04:23 pm »
Another variety of daffy opened up this afternoon (two more ta go). Ain't exactly showin up the neighbourhood yet (that starts when the tulips arrive) however, here's a good picture a the two-toned (cream & yellow) variety a daffy. Got a half dozen hyacinth showin in the main tulip flower bed, and the first 'starbust' variery a daffies showin in here too. (the new flower bed I dug up taday is behind me in this photo.)

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #74 on: April 28, 2007, 02:05:21 pm »
Things are growing! What with the rain, and in spite a the cool weather (below 50*F) things have been bloomin, and greenin up.

Here's a third variety a daffies ... double bloom daffodils, a follow up ta reply # 65 (this patch is in the back yard).

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #75 on: April 28, 2007, 02:59:02 pm »
OK back ta the front yard, view from the sidewalk - can see 4 of the 5 clusters a daffies in the front yard, and in the main tulip row, near a dozen hyacinths

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #76 on: April 28, 2007, 04:13:03 pm »
This view is a bit of a update on reply #64. It shows the last (smaller) clump a daffies in the foreground. The tulips should start flowerin this week (if we get warm weather), although these in the foreground are later bloomin near-black tulips. Mixed in among em are upside-down tulips (frutenellas?) - they stink and keep the squirrels from diggin up the bulbs. Hope ta have the whole front yard's flowerbeds surrounded by the cement block borders by the end a the summer.

Offline ffrn

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #77 on: April 28, 2007, 06:27:24 pm »
Roland!  Those double bloom daffies are glorious!!!  I love all those bulb flowers.  Bearded iris are my favourites but daffies are high on the list too.  My ex husband once gave me 500 daffodil bulbs as a birthday present.  The catch was I was the one who had to plant them! LOL

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #78 on: April 28, 2007, 08:00:13 pm »
Glad ya like em there Jocelyn. Like em double bloomers too!

This here's the last pic I took taday. It a view of how busy the main flower bed's gonna be with the early bloomin tulips (I think I have 4 or 5 early bloomers a tulips and a couple or 3 varieties a later bloomers)

Also, the view from that vantage point is my mornin view in the summertime, when I chose ta go outside ta read, have breakfast, and basically just watch the neighbourhoud walk by. (the new flowerber,bout 2 square meters, is just behind that tallish plant in the upper right corner)

Almost fergot ta mention - the reason I took this picture was ta show off the hyaciths in full bloom.

injest

« Reply #79 on: April 28, 2007, 08:02:19 pm »
looks like a wonderful retreat Roland...