Author Topic: My "Great White North"  (Read 388792 times)

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: My "Great White North"
« Reply #80 on: April 28, 2007, 08:09:59 pm »
looks like a wonderful retreat Roland...

Now you just wait until those poppies and such plants grow ta near 3 feet - then it'll look more like a retreat. Haven't even taken out the table & chairs yet. Cora - the dog, usta love lyin down on the cool/humid grass just beyond that bed & the second one (the one that looks like tall weeds 3 pictures ago). this 120 pound rothweiller, layin down less than 12 feet from the sidewalk, without a leash
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

injest

« Reply #81 on: April 28, 2007, 08:14:23 pm »

Now you just wait until those poppies and such plants grow ta near 3 feet - then it'll look more like a retreat. Haven't even taken out the table & chairs yet. Cora - the dog, usta love lyin down on the cool/humid grass just beyond that bed & the second one (the one that looks like tall weeds 3 pictures ago). this 120 pound rothweiller, layin down less than 12 feet from the sidewalk, without a leash

I bet that got a reaction from the commuters!

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #82 on: April 28, 2007, 08:19:20 pm »
I bet that got a reaction from the commuters!

Mostly - NO - neighbourhood knew a Cora's gentle ways. (and it kept other pet owners from allowin their dogs from pooin on my lawn!!)
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

injest

« Reply #83 on: April 29, 2007, 12:40:21 am »
you should get another dog! especially since you are fixing to retire and gonna have all that time!

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #84 on: May 04, 2007, 07:39:27 pm »
Tulips are comin up fast & furious - the early varieties (the yellow & the reds) but they're not the only ones ...

This is my largest cluster a yellows (got 3 or 4 clusters) - near the house, south side, front a the house

You'll be seein singles here & there on other photos.

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #85 on: May 04, 2007, 07:41:10 pm »
Another yellow with a couple a pinks(?) in the main flowerbed

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #86 on: May 04, 2007, 07:44:28 pm »
Main flowerbed's reds (there'll be at least 3 other later bloomin tulips in this flowerbed) - Swear they were open earlier this afternoon.

Also happens ta be the biggest flash in the yard right now.

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #87 on: May 04, 2007, 07:51:00 pm »
Looks like the blueberry cream tulips have pretty well given up. Here's what I'm gettin this year - followed with what usta be, the first year we got em (think we got half a dozen or so that first year.) The unopened tulips are later bloomin blackies - had near a hunderd a em last year - in two seperate (thanks ta my transplantins kills) areas a the front yard.

injest

« Reply #88 on: May 04, 2007, 10:38:36 pm »
oh my GOD they are GORGEOUS!! love the pink and the two colored ones...and the yellow...

all of them are stunning, Roland!

Thank you for sharing...

Offline ffrn

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #89 on: May 06, 2007, 07:52:01 am »
Hi Roland,

I can't believe how quickly your garden has been transformed.  It seems like only yesterday it had just reappeared out from under all the snow.  Those tulips are beautiful!!!