Author Topic: My "Great White North"  (Read 388808 times)

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: My "Great White North"
« Reply #90 on: May 06, 2007, 07:56:50 am »
Hi Roland,

I can't believe how quickly your garden has been transformed.  It seems like only yesterday it had just reappeared out from under all the snow.  Those tulips are beautiful!!!

Why Thang kew, miss Joce

I've been takin weekly snapshots of the garden (as per Jess's request) and I guess yer right, they do seem to progress rather quickly... and there's a lot more to come - The irises are still a couple a weeks away (and there are dif'rent varieties, as well as dif'rent colours), and the peonies, and the columbines, and the bleeding hearts and the poppies, and various other little surprises - Gosh I did even mention the main show - the lillies (my personal favourite) and the daylillies!

The show's just startin!
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #91 on: May 06, 2007, 08:29:38 pm »
My first of 4 (fer now) global views of the front yard, as of early May.

This one's from the front door's stoop of the house.

2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

injest

« Reply #92 on: May 07, 2007, 01:08:14 am »
its amazing how quickly things have changed....I suppose they get adapted to growing fast since your growing period is so short??

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #93 on: May 07, 2007, 04:30:01 am »
The view from my retreat, well almost, during the mornin hours a the summer

injest

« Reply #94 on: May 07, 2007, 08:41:59 am »
love the sunlight in that picture, Roland. Makes me feel I am there!

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #95 on: May 08, 2007, 04:46:25 am »

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #96 on: May 09, 2007, 04:35:02 am »
This is the 4th of 4 pics taken Sunday. Sun was going down and I couldn't get that angle without my shadow in the picture (sorry).

There have already been two other varieties of tulips openin up since then, and those pretty yellow one from last week are already looking pretty raggedy. The mid 20's temperatures (apr. 75*F) are going to shorten the duration of the show.

This is the first time ya get to see the new hole-in-the-ground where I've now planted Jess, Thelma & Louise (bottom right hand corner.)

This is the best view so far of the steepness of the slope, which allows for such a great view from my place (specially when we get thunderstorms!)

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #97 on: May 09, 2007, 06:09:25 pm »
With the hot weather upon us, Toronto's indeed bloomin - so I'm midweekin my updates of the yard's progress (took 5 more pics this evenin)

This patch a tullips have been growing in the back yard, in the middle of nowhere since, I-don't-know-when, and just keep multiplyin. Bryan won't let me move em (but I think it's the last year fer em back there!)

injest

« Reply #98 on: May 09, 2007, 06:58:37 pm »
those are gorgeous....the pink ones...are they red in the middle? cause on my screen they look like they might have a bit there... :laugh: :laugh:

injest

« Reply #99 on: May 09, 2007, 07:08:34 pm »
BTW....I am looking good out there in your yard!!

;D ;D