Author Topic: My "Great White North"  (Read 388791 times)

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: My "Great White North"
« Reply #160 on: May 25, 2007, 07:01:02 am »
Another global image of, in this case, the newest flowerbed, taken 5 days ago - showin the progress a the lillies

2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #161 on: May 25, 2007, 03:49:14 pm »
angain, the few lillies of the valley that are in the jungle by the stoop  - photo taken 65 days ago (just discovered some more a em in the main flowerbed!)

2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #162 on: May 25, 2007, 07:08:09 pm »
Sheriff, I love all your flowers!
The bleeding hearts are beautiful.
All my Iris' are now gone as well as the hyicynth and the lillies of the valley.
My Day lillies,roses,daisies and magnolia's are blooming now.
It's getting so hot that they won't last long. We're in the middle of a drought and have major watering restrictions! I live less than a mile from the largest man-made lake in the Country (maybe just east of the Mississip, not sure) and can't water!  :(
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #163 on: May 25, 2007, 07:13:33 pm »
Thanks Lee

re: reply #160

I'm proud of all the ground cover & how well it's spreadin. There were just growin wild in the back yard (& in the jungle) and look how well they've spread - on the left side a the picture, and along the driveway (both in that new flowerbed, & in the cracks along the driveway) - might even reduce the ugly grass growth!

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #164 on: May 26, 2007, 05:16:35 am »
The frequently mentioned 'jungle' is going through a major bloomin phase right now. Here a photo 6 days old ...

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #165 on: May 26, 2007, 11:42:17 am »
Looks beautiful Sheriff!
Boy, the smoke from the forest fires is awful here today!
I sure am glad I did all my yardwork yesterday!
I'd be chokin and gagging if not! LOL
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #166 on: May 26, 2007, 12:43:47 pm »
Well Lee, don't be chockin 'n a gaggin ...

instead you could be gaukin and a appreciatin these photos - took a whole bunch more taday ... here's the first of a set a colombine (these are doin VERY well, mutiplyin from seeds and from maturity) - another view a the jungle

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #167 on: May 26, 2007, 02:14:10 pm »
Those are gorgeous!
I don't think I've ever seen those type of flowers before!

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #168 on: May 26, 2007, 10:04:21 pm »
As expected, a lighter blue iris has showed up. Thinkin this might not be the greatest showing - cause a the odd winter we had ... I was certainly diappointed with the tulips

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #169 on: May 26, 2007, 10:08:56 pm »
As expected, a lighter blue iris has showed up. Thinkin this might not be the greatest showing - cause a the odd winter we had ... I was certainly diappointed with the tulips

You have quite the green thumb there Sheriff!
Very Pretty. I love Iris'. I have white, lavender and burgundy ones. Then, this year in the middle of my burgundy ones a yellow appeared? WTF, I don't know where it came from. It was really pretty though in the middle of all that deep burgundy it really stuck out!