Author Topic: My "Great White North"  (Read 388992 times)

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: My "Great White North"
« Reply #230 on: June 09, 2007, 09:49:05 pm »
Next day ... (yesterday) same 'gay paris' peonie

2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #231 on: June 10, 2007, 05:58:07 am »
Tries to take a close up picture of this flower, but the camera focussed on the leaf. Best I could do...

Also notice the 'ground cover' on the right? tiny little yellow flowers makes for a nice showin ...

Edit note: took some real purdy pictures a both of these this mornin - be postin em in the next few days - The Sheriff
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 05:25:10 pm by Sheriff Roland »
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #232 on: June 10, 2007, 05:31:34 pm »
Posted a single very white siberian iris earlier. A few more blooms have since shown up ... (sorry - seems the camera's focussed on the ground instead a the flowers)

injest

« Reply #233 on: June 10, 2007, 05:42:40 pm »
 :) :) ;)

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #234 on: June 10, 2007, 06:26:44 pm »
time ta post an update ...

Did you get your puppy?  I want to see pictures of the two of you,, and watch you play with her.  I know you are going to have a love of your life with her...Puppies are the best...  share share

Sorry Janice, it ain't gonna happen.

The airlines won't freight ship unaccompanied animals when it's this hot in Texas (well that's what one airline claimed) or their flights arrive too late here in Toronto; their receiving section closes a half hour after before the flight's arrival. A lot a effort (& money) was spent trying to make this happen, but it wasn't to be. I won't be raising a puppy at any other time of the year, so since I'm heading for retirement next March ('08), that would be the next window of opportunity for me to adopt a puppy.

I can live with the situation - I'm not devastated or anything ... it's just not something that was meant to happen at this time, is all.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 07:56:32 pm by Sheriff Roland »

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #235 on: June 10, 2007, 07:47:21 pm »

Oh dear me..so sad Roland...I was so hoping for you to have that happen...so sad........... :-\ :-\ :'(

sorry                     {{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Beautiful mind

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #236 on: June 10, 2007, 09:43:29 pm »
Thanks fer the good thoughts there Janice, but like I said, ain't no big deal.

Been out diggin - widenin the second row a flowerbed - ta install cement borders - didn't get as much done as I wanted - but with only 3 weeks left before summer break, it'll get done eventually ...

Awright, fer tonight's photo, yet another (5th?) peonie. and again, the colour ta the naked eye is much darker that what the camera shows

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #237 on: June 11, 2007, 05:13:18 am »
Today I'll be postin "virginia bluebells" - tiny flowers that border my driveway (see reply #231 - split a plant last year & it took) and some from the back yard

This first one is a little special, as I was able ta catch a bee workin the nectar ...

and a close up (Bryan thinks it's my best virginia bluebell picture - I think they're all pretty much the same)

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #238 on: June 11, 2007, 03:32:27 pm »
Couple more pics a the virginia bluebell, fisr from the front yard, second from the back yard

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #239 on: June 11, 2007, 10:33:15 pm »
Awright ... new feature of "My Great White North" - if ya wanna ...

Name that Plant

Here's the first picture ... this one's growin wild in my garden

I'll be posting another view of it in the mornin.