Author Topic: My "Great White North"  (Read 388878 times)

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: My "Great White North"
« Reply #450 on: June 28, 2007, 07:25:20 am »
Now let's see ... So far I've posted both siberian iris, two varieties of daylillies (I think), 2 lillies ... Think the main show's about ta begin.

This daylilly main bunch grows in a shady area and has been growing to about 5 feet tall - and it's been spreading in the lawn so I transplanted a few of these near the house. Course the warmth of the house has caused this earlier bloom - main show of this type a plant hasn't really started yet, but this is what that bloom's gonna look like.

2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline TXdoug

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #451 on: June 28, 2007, 08:17:22 am »
WOW !!!!   WOW !!!!    WOW !!!!

injest

« Reply #452 on: June 28, 2007, 08:18:34 am »
Now let's see ... So far I've posted both siberian iris, two varieties of daylillies (I think), 2 lillies ... Think the main show's about ta begin.

This daylilly main bunch grows in a shady area and has been growing to about 5 feet tall - and it's been spreading in the lawn so I transplanted a few of these near the house. Course the warmth of the house has caused this earlier bloom - main show of this type a plant hasn't really started yet, but this is what that bloom's gonna look like.

I thought it was already on!!

:o

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #453 on: June 28, 2007, 04:08:41 pm »

How could I have missed this!

No this is where the main show's gonna happen:

and it's already begun ... Since I took this picture (2 days ago), two yellow lillies have opened up in here, plus 4 orange ones in the jungle ...

Then as an encore, I hope later this summer to catch some a the yellow birds that LOVE the sunflowers (didn't have digital last summer)
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #454 on: June 28, 2007, 10:00:54 pm »
Neighbou just finished spending more'n a half hour appreciating my plants. went ga-ga over the colour a this one (from the jungle). Mind you, this pic is 2 days old - got me 4 blooms on it now.

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #455 on: June 28, 2007, 10:28:40 pm »

Way back on May 6, I posted the following:

I've been takin weekly snapshots of the garden (as per Jess's request) and I guess yer right, they do seem to progress rather quickly... and there's a lot more to come - The irises are still a couple a weeks away (and there are dif'rent varieties, as well as dif'rent colours), and the peonies, and the columbines, and the bleeding hearts and the poppies, and various other little surprises - Gosh I did even mention the main show - the lillies (my personal favourite) and the daylillies!

The show's just startin!

So Jess, when I say the main show, I meant it - way back in early May and again this mornin!

Hope I'm not over-hyping the lilies & the daylilies  :-\ by saying the last 25 pages were just a warm up.

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #456 on: June 29, 2007, 03:32:30 am »
In my garden, even onion (something like giant aliums) gets to shine

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #457 on: June 29, 2007, 07:20:53 am »
last night I posted a very lovely lily picture. Well I got two more a that one ta show you. First, same plant taken 2 days later:

injest

« Reply #458 on: June 29, 2007, 08:14:19 am »
 :o :o

injest

« Reply #459 on: June 29, 2007, 08:29:30 am »
ok where is my picture??!!

although you are gonna be hardpressed to find a better pic than the one you are using in your avator...THAT one is gorgeous....