Author Topic: My "Great White North"  (Read 392082 times)

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: My "Great White North"
« Reply #460 on: June 29, 2007, 08:30:41 am »
Here it is Jess - the daylilie I got at Canada Blooms way back in April(?). At this point it looks like it's gonna be the only bloom from all three plants (Thelma, Louise & Jess). Plants look healthy but they're real short and I don't see any more buds (yet). Took two real good pictures though ...

Lovely how the ornamental sage happenes ta be right next ta em ... and the water drops (watered the flowerbeds just before I took the picture this morning) add to the beauty a this pic!  :)
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

injest

« Reply #461 on: June 29, 2007, 08:41:16 am »
Oh my lort, Roland...that is amazing! I have NEVER seen a lily with colors like that!!

oh I am SO jealous!! what a beautiful plant...are all three the same? Will it multiply on its own like irises do?

injest

« Reply #462 on: June 29, 2007, 08:43:29 am »
that is 'my' picture, right??  ;D

:) ;)

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #463 on: June 29, 2007, 08:49:21 am »
Oh my lort, Roland...that is amazing! I have NEVER seen a lily with colors like that!!

oh I am SO jealous!! what a beautiful plant...are all three the same? Will it multiply on its own like irises do?

Thought you'd like that. Daylilies do multiply, and grow year by year, but it'll take time. Told ya it was a special picture. May not be a prettier flower than my in my avatar, but it's definitively a woozer!!!

And just wait, the main show's starting - now we'll be getting great numbers of the 'ordinary' lilies and daylilies (and a few - like half a dozen, at least, of really lovely varieties)

I got really 3 great flower periods ... the tulips, the iris/peonies and the lily/daylily season.

that is 'my' picture, right??  ;D

Yes Jess this is your namesake daylily!
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

injest

« Reply #464 on: June 29, 2007, 08:52:39 am »
ok then! I am gonna steal it and save it to MY computer!! HA!!!!

mine mine mine!!

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #465 on: June 29, 2007, 09:04:02 am »
Wait Jess - got an even better picture of the same flower ...

Now if you want to put it as your desktop, you might want me to send you the original picture (near 4 times larger) - just ask

Offline TXdoug

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #466 on: June 29, 2007, 09:44:57 am »
Hey Sheriff...I've seen MANY daylillies in my 66+ years of life BUT N-E-V-E-R a daylilly the colour and beauty of that one !!! WOW !!! AWESOME !!! :)

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #467 on: June 29, 2007, 12:50:23 pm »
Hey Sheriff...I've seen MANY daylillies in my 66+ years of life BUT N-E-V-E-R a daylilly the colour and beauty of that one !!! WOW !!! AWESOME !!! :)

What can I say ... your compliments are more than I can know how to react ... I just bought em and took the picture ... I didn't create em

Yea, it is pretty isn't it

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #468 on: June 29, 2007, 08:23:26 pm »
Here are the delphiniums for one last look - don't think they'll look any better'n this.

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #469 on: June 29, 2007, 09:21:01 pm »
Name that Plant part one  :)

got until tomorrow ta try with yer answer

I'm sure this was answered long ago, but I just started at the beginning and have reached pge 17 - it's chamomile!

Roland, this is amazing.  I adore peonies, and irises, and lupines.  This is a gorgeous show!