Author Topic: My "Great White North"  (Read 388781 times)

injest

Re: My "Great White North"
« Reply #480 on: June 29, 2007, 09:44:17 pm »
evening Roland...notice anything new??

;D

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #481 on: June 29, 2007, 09:46:19 pm »
Hi Roland, I've made it through all 32 pages now.  If you want, I can delete all those guesses, since they were long answered already.  Let me know.

I hope you do LOTS of NAME THAT PLANT.  I would love that game.  That was really fun.  I haven't gardened in a few years, so it draws on recently unused parts of my brain.

What a gorgeous garden, and really good photographs, too.

I had no idea....

No wonder your sig line - I thought you were just referring to Le Petit Prince.  (And do you know the Gil Bécaud song too?)

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #482 on: June 29, 2007, 09:46:48 pm »
Sure do - that's real nice, Jess

Oh by the way - will have a new bloom from the same plant in a day or two (that first one's already looking old - they're daylilies cause they only last a day - but a picture lasts longer  ;) )
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

injest

« Reply #483 on: June 29, 2007, 09:49:30 pm »
Sure do - that's real nice, Jess

Oh by the way - will have a new bloom from the same plant in a day or two (that first one's already looking old - they're daylilies cause they only last a day - but a picture lasts longer  ;) )

Thand you for posting it.. and letting me have it! I saw some flowers in the Dallas Morning news and thought of you...I may try to upload them this weekend..

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #484 on: June 29, 2007, 09:51:59 pm »
Hi Roland, I've made it through all 32 pages now.  If you want, I can delete all those guesses, since they were long answered already.  Let me know.

I hope you do LOTS of NAME THAT PLANT.  I would love that game.  That was really fun.  I haven't gardened in a few years, so it draws on recently unused parts of my brain.

What a gorgeous garden, and really good photographs, too.

I had no idea....

No wonder your sig line - I thought you were just referring to Le Petit Prince.  (And do you know the Gil Bécaud song too?)

Actually it was a reference to Le petit prince and the Gilbert Bécaud song (I had been listening to that very song on my i-pod that afternoon before I got home)

I don't grow roses - they don't survive in my hands.  :-\
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #485 on: June 29, 2007, 09:58:27 pm »
Awright, just cause Elle asked, here's yet another

Name this Plant 10th edition  :)

Don't think there are a lot a unusual plants left to post, but this one might be a bit of a challenge. I've actually talked about it before, just never posted a picture of it till now.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #486 on: June 29, 2007, 10:04:14 pm »
Awright, just cause Elle asked, here's yet another

Name this Plant 10th edition  :)

Don't think there are a lot a unusual plants left to post, but this one might be a bit of a challenge. I've actually talked about it before, just never posted a picture of it till now.

It's not a peony?

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #487 on: June 29, 2007, 10:05:03 pm »
Oh wait, tu veux dire le "Chinese Lantern!"

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #488 on: June 29, 2007, 10:06:15 pm »

It's not a peony?

No not a peonie - peonie season's finished now. Look at the stem and the tiny leaves.

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #489 on: June 29, 2007, 10:09:39 pm »
Oh wait, tu veux dire le "Chinese Lantern!"

Je ne comprends pas ce à quoi tu fais référence avec ce commentaire. Si c'est une autre réponse pour la plante mystère d'aujourd'hui - non! Les lanternes chinoises seront vertes et ensuite oranges et ne paraitront pas pour plusieures semaines encore.