Author Topic: The Military and its tactics being visited on the soldiers in Iraq, to reup...  (Read 40792 times)

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
Re: The Military and its tactics being visited on the soldiers in Iraq, to reup
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2007, 10:55:12 pm »
This is really scary...   I cant believe that the military is using such tactics, but i know its true because its something our leader would definitely stoop to doing.   Plus, when our service men and women come home, they live with the fear of being deployed again at anytime.  I dislike Bush and obviously so does his staff.   Little by little they are resigning to the left and to the right.  What a piss ant he turned out to be.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 11:00:40 pm by brokeback_dev »

Offline ifyoucantfixit

Aaron is home safe and sound and all in one piece.  I am very thankful.  But die a little
each time I see or hear of the ones that are killed.  The waste, and the pain is just horrible.
             If this war was a necessary one, I would at least feel it was a sacrifice to a good cause.  However I dont see a cause worthy of death there.  Its only for cash and oil. 
             I hang my head in shame...what we have become.
             I want to wring George W Bush's neck every time he says if you say something against the war, you are undermining the troops....LIAR---LIAR LIAR.  you scum sucking piece of pond grunge.

Beautiful mind

injest

the thing that makes me want to cry is to hear anyone talking about how awful another country is...like Iran and they say..."THEY torture and kill people"

we USED to be able to say we don't torture. we used to hold ourselves to a higher standard. We were Americans.

Thank you Bush. What an accomplishment...you have ruined the legacy of the Greatest Generation and everything they stood and fought and died for.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
the thing that makes me want to cry is to hear anyone talking about how awful another country is...like Iran and they say..."THEY torture and kill people"

we USED to be able to say we don't torture. we used to hold ourselves to a higher standard. We were Americans.

Thank you Bush. What an accomplishment...you have ruined the legacy of the Greatest Generation and everything they stood and fought and died for.

I absolutely and TOTALLY agree with you Jess. I couldn't have said it any better. You just expressed my feelings exactly.

The whole thing... everything, is an awful, horrible shame. It will probably take us generations to dig ourselves out of this terrible mess, and even longer than that before the world trusts us again, if it is even possible. Far too much damage has been done now, I think.  :'(
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
There are bad things that happen in any organization. The ones who are doing the harrassing of soldiers should be dealt with harshly, but it does not happen in every unit.

I have heard soldiers say that they'll be happy to go back and that their cause is a good one. So not all of the soldiers are against the war. I've listened to a lot of the guys and gals from the 875th engineer battalion who are back from a tour, and they have positive outlooks.

Bush's people who are resigning are not resigning because they don't like him. They are resigning because of public pressure and to appease the headhunters.

The far left press has done its best to undermine EVERYTHING in this administration. Everything in this administration has not been good NOR has it all been bad.

Just like "Media Matters" taking Bill O'Reilly's comments about Sylvia's out of context---not reporting that Juan Williams, a high profile black reporter was with Bill O, and agreed with him. The far left media slants and spins things to their advantage---no better or no worse than the far right.

Everything isn't black or white.

No tarring and feathering the slightly right of center me please. I've had a rough week.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline ifyoucantfixit

Honey I would never tar nor feather you.  You have your right to think as you will.  Just as I have the right to disagree with you...I do have one question for you however.  Name me one thing that is better now, than when this man took office.  I dont worry a lot about what people say.  So much as what they do...
          I am more of a dont tell me but show me person..People can put up any kind of rhetoric.  They can say or claim whatever.  I want to see the things...they claim they are doing or have done.  I can not think of one thing that is better now for the common man. 

Beautiful mind

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male

Just like "Media Matters" taking Bill O'Reilly's comments about Sylvia's out of context---not reporting that Juan Williams, a high profile black reporter was with Bill O, and agreed with him. The far left media slants and spins things to their advantage---no better or no worse than the far right.

Bill O'Reilly is a doofaramous and he makes me want to .

I feel like drinking cyanide each time I hear that man's name.  >:(

Shasta honey, I would NEVER tar and feather you. Maybe dip you in a vat of peanut butter and sprinkle pillow feathers on you, but NEVER tar and feather you.  ;)  :D

{{{SHASTA}}}  :-*

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!

Honey I would never tar nor feather you.  You have your right to think as you will.  Just as I have the right to disagree with you...I do have one question for you however.  Name me one thing that is better now, than when this man took office.  I dont worry a lot about what people say.  So much as what they do...
          I am more of a dont tell me but show me person..People can put up any kind of rhetoric.  They can say or claim whatever.  I want to see the things...they claim they are doing or have done.  I can not think of one thing that is better now for the common man. 

;D Thanks, J. -- tar and feathers are hard to get off!!

Nothing has really changed for me as far as my standard of living. I work, I pay my bills, I have nothing left over at the end of the month---it has been that way through Democratic and Republican (of which I am neither) administrations. I am happy to live in the United States of America and I have heard a lot of people who have traveled outside the country say that this is a better place to live than many other places.

I can't say all places because I have never visited outside the USA, but I will just take my chances here. No one in my little town has had their head chopped off and no one here has chopped off any foreign visitor's head--that I know of.

I could tell some things that have happened during the Bush years that to me are positive --- but I'm sure they would be negative to some others. We all put our own experiences into what we like and dislike.

Two-thirds of known al-Qaeda leaders have been captured or killed--this is a positive to me because I believe them to be a threat. To someone who percieves al-Qaeda as no threat---this is a negative. So it doesn't really do any good for me to point out what I think are good things.

Osama Bin-Laden himself hasn't been captured--to me a negative--to someone else maybe a positive.

Saddam Hussein, a brutal leader--dead. To me--Yay. To others--no cause to celebrate. (Altho I'd rather have had him life in prison--I'm not totally sold on the death penalty, but not totally against it in some cases.)

Nuclear weapon programs have been disabled in Libya and talks are continuing with officials in North Korea. That's good by me.

During Bush's tenure in office America has come through a recession and many believe the economy is on the path to growing stronger. Junior Adam Hunter,an economics and political science major, agrees . He said, "The tax cuts are going to end up helping America over the long run, not instantly." In addition, tax reliefs have been given to small businesses and to every American who pays income taxes. Also, the child tax credit went from $500 to $1,000, the marriage penalty decreased, taxes on capital gains and stock dividends reduced, and death tax is being phased out. Bush reported in the State of the Union that Americans are using their extra money constructively and are thus driving the economy forward.

So some stuff may take awhile to show up like the tax cuts, but that sounds like a good thing.

There are others.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
Bill O'Reilly is a doofaramous and he makes me want to .

I feel like drinking cyanide each time I hear that man's name.  >:(

Shasta honey, I would NEVER tar and feather you. Maybe dip you in a vat of peanut butter and sprinkle pillow feathers on you, but NEVER tar and feather you.  ;)  :D

{{{SHASTA}}}  :-*

Yummy---I love peanut butter!!

LOL--I love BILL O'REILLY!!! (Sorry to make you wanna hit your head against a brick wall and poison yourself.)  :P

But I can see where a lot of people wouldn't like him---he's very arrogant and smug. I probably wouldn't like him for a friend, but I like his show. He will let ANYONE come on, and a lot of the FAR LEFT people won't come--the chickens! They can't stand the heat so they stay out of the kitchen. He hammers the FAR RIGHTIES too.

I was happy to see Jesse Jackson on -- they had a good dialogue.

But, yeah--I can see why he isn't everyone's cuppa tea.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Artiste

I figure that gay men in the USA army, etc., is an important issue.

Some gay men like being soldiers, even if forced into it!

But why does the USA refuse such?

Hugs!