Author Topic: Maggie Gyllenhaal!  (Read 37776 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Maggie Gyllenhaal!
« on: March 09, 2007, 02:09:54 pm »
I just found this little tidbit of news over at www.pajiba.com in the Weekly Roundup...

Here’s some fantastic news: Maggie Gyllenhaal (talented actress, loving mother, savior of mankind) has been signed to replace Katie Holmes as Assistant District Attorney Rachel Dawes in the next Batman installment, The Dark Knight. Man, that’s cool. And I’d give anything for her to reprise her signature line from Stranger than Fiction for this: “Get bent, Batman.” Word is that Katie Holmes couldn’t return for the sequel because of “scheduling conflicts,” which we all know is complete bullshit. She’s got one movie in the works over the next two years. One movie, which undoubtedly shouldn’t take priority over a film of The Dark Knight’s pedigree. I’d long been skeptical of the whole idea cooked up by the tabloids that Tom Cruise was a jealousy-driven control freak, but this move — on top of reports that Cruise altered his schedule to ensure he’d be on the set of Holmes’ current project every single day has me convinced otherwise. That, as well as news that Cruise picked her current project, a female heist film (Mad Money) because there were no love scenes involved. But seriously, that’s not important here. Really. We’re a review site; we don’t peddle in cheap gossip (holy shit, Tom Cruise is a freakin’ lunatic with severe self-esteem issues and a Thetan chokehold on that poor girl. Run for your life, Katie. Take Suri and run. Look away from the Wall of Fire).

« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 10:52:56 am by Ellemeno »
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Maggie Gyllenhaal in the next Batman movie!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 03:16:49 pm »
A bit more detail on Maggie's new role, and the movie....

Gyllenhaal Steps In for 'Dark Knight'
March 09, 2007
By Borys Kit and Tatiana Siegel
Maggie Gyllenhaal is in final negotiations to join the all-star cast of "The Dark Knight," Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures' sequel to "Batman Begins."

Gyllenhaal is being tapped to play D.A. Rachel Dawes, the love interest to Bruce Wayne/Batman (Christian Bale). In the first movie, Dawes was played Katie Holmes, who, like Gyllenhaal, is repped by CAA. But reps for Holmes said she was unable to reprise her role because of scheduling conflicts.

"Knight" finds Christopher Nolan back in the director's chair, joining "Batman Begins' " Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine and Gary Oldman. Heath Ledger is set as the Joker, while Aaron Eckhart will play D.A. Harvey Dent, also known as the villainous Two-Face.

"I'm extremely excited to work with an actress of Maggie's caliber, and she's a great addition to the cast as we continue our story," Nolan said.

The script was written by Nolan's brother, Jonathan, from a story by Christopher Nolan and David Goyer. Producing are Emma Thomas, Charles Roven and Christopher Nolan.

Warners' Greg Silverman is overseeing for the studio.

Gyllenhaal, who earned critical raves for her starring turn in the indie "Sherrybaby," was last seen in "Stranger Than Fiction" and "World Trade Center." She also lent her voice to the Oscar-nominated animated feature "Monster House."

She also is repped by Benderspink and the law firm Bloom Hergott Diemer.

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

mvansand76

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 05:40:11 pm »
Oh my God, this is so cool!  :D

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2007, 09:59:43 pm »
I think the whole thing has a 6 degrees of separation quality to it...Maggie, Heath...you know, very cool...

L

Offline chefjudy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "a pair a deuces"
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 04:08:06 pm »
 :)  a little update for y'all :D

http://movies.msn.com/movies/celebsbuzz?GT1=7701

personally, I think Maggie and Heath will be a much needed breath of fresh air to the whole series........IMHO ;D
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 04:35:40 pm by chefjudy »
Judy

"it could be like this, just like this, always......" Jack Twist

mvansand76

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2007, 04:18:25 pm »

Just like with Heath for the Joker, very inspired casting!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2007, 05:18:24 pm »
I read a good interview with maggie today in the free metro newspaper - but I can't find it onlone to post.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

mvansand76

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2007, 12:52:44 pm »
I read a good interview with maggie today in the free metro newspaper - but I can't find it onlone to post.

I hope they post it in the Dutch Metro too! I will look out for it, thanks!

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2008, 06:34:43 am »
Maggie Gyllenhaal has given an interview - to "Interview"  ;D - and talks about herself and various roles including the one in Batman. She doesn't mention Heath except he is (of course) one name on the list of actors who got her interested in "Batman" in the first place.

http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/23083315.html#cutid1

(click on the article scans to have them readable)

Almost the only interesting thing she has to say, is that she'd like to act with Michelle Williams.

I have always admired Maggie, she's seemed to me to be a self-assured, independent and intelligent woman who didn't just seek out the spotlight and fame but were looking for true and off-the-beaten-track career challenges, and who's had a thing or two of interest to say for herself. Sherry Baby was a tour de force from her, and as for Secretary - she had to have guts and be a risk-taker to take that one on! But here she has me gasping for air, she comes across as that shallow, vapid, air-headed, overly concerned with her looks, and generally fame-seeking..... Lots of generic babble, almost, about being a "woman".  If this is the image she wants to project of herself now, then that's a huge disappointment and there's not much to be excited about. Except for those who get excited about her photoshoot with the bed and boobs poses, of course.

:-\

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2008, 12:03:12 pm »
Thanks Mikaela, I enjoyed reading what she had to say.