Author Topic: I met JASON ISAACS!  (Read 16635 times)

moremojo

Re: I met JASON ISAACS!
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2007, 10:40:42 am »
 I specifically bought the DVD because the actress, Marion Eaton, is in it, and it was directed by Dan Ireland.  Dan's a friend, and Marion and I have appeared in several films together-- but that was back in the olden days.  I wanted to see what films she had done more recently, so...bought this one, but never got around to watching it. 
Melinda, I heard from a certain source that the footage involving Marion was cut from the final edit of Passionada. I hope that doesn't prove to be true; when you watch it, you'll have to let us know. (Incidentally, guys, I think Marion is one of the greatest actresses in cinema history).

Offline j.U.d.E.

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2007, 07:48:34 pm »
I haven't seen 'Passionada' yet! And I haven't seen 'Sweet November either! I was in the States when it aired there, but I had no time to go to the movies... I think I will rent it. And 'Money With Friends' too!

Oh and since you've met him j.u.d.e. I thought you might enjoy these quote from some of his interviews:

On being an 'invisible star' who can travel by the Tube to film premieres unrecognized: "They just think, who's that twit in black tie? As soon as I get on the red carpet they start screaming and screaming. It's laughable because when it's all over I go home on the Tube as well."[7]

On being rich and famous: "I imagine like most of us that I'd like obscene amounts of money but the people I met and worked with who have those obscene amounts of money and have obscene amounts of fame have awful lives. Really. I mean hideously compromised lives. And I can go anywhere. No one knows who I am. I can go on the tube and bus and wander through the streets. So I'm quite happy not to get the girl."

Dot, I love it! It seems so true! I like the idea that one might sit next to Jason Isaacs in the Tube, without even noticing it..  ;D

What does he mean by "I'm quite happy not to get the girl"? ..  ???

j. U. d. E.
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2007, 07:51:37 pm »
And he has been in a play ("Angels in America") which I haven't seen.. about 10-12 years ago, where he plays gay (again) and is in a relationship with Daniel Craig - my chouchou of the moment! I've got a picture, but can't post it right now. Will post later. j. U. d. E.

Here it is!

- Jason Isaacs and Daniel Craig in the play "Angels in America"

j. U. d. E.
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2007, 02:42:02 am »
I haven't seen 'Passionada' yet! And I haven't seen 'Sweet November either! I was in the States when it aired there, but I had no time to go to the movies... I think I will rent it. And 'Money With Friends' too!

Dot, I love it! It seems so true! I like the idea that one might sit next to Jason Isaacs in the Tube, without even noticing it..  ;D

What does he mean by "I'm quite happy not to get the girl"? ..  ???

j. U. d. E.

I think he's talking about the fact that he seldom plays the romantic lead, he is a character actor he plays the villians or the quirky best friends or the over the top characters....and he does it so well  ::) for a man I actually think is quite sexy in his own right.  Anyone who disagrees needs to watch Passionada  :P or see this Hugo Boss layout

Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2007, 05:07:50 pm »

for a man I actually think is quite sexy in his own right.  Anyone who disagrees needs to watch Passionada  :P or see this Hugo Boss layout

I don't disagree, that's a great picture!  8)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Sashca1007

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2007, 07:15:00 am »
Melinda, I heard from a certain source that the footage involving Marion was cut from the final edit of Passionada. I hope that doesn't prove to be true; when you watch it, you'll have to let us know.

Scott, you were absolutely right! I have not watched Passionada yet, but I did speak with Marion on the evening oif her birthday and she confirmed what you said---  cutting room floor!  That will not deter me from watching it, especially since our friends here on this thread have pointed out the Joys of Jason!

(side note to Scott--  AND I realize now that Jason also plays a neighbor in Sweet November, which I was going to make a point of watching because Tom Bullock plays a neighbor in that, too!  Crazy coincidence?  ::))
"From the vibration of the floorboard on which they both stood Ennis could feel how hard Jack was shaking."

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2007, 11:59:25 am »
Watched Sweet November last night.  I had forgotten how cute Jason was in this film.  Definitely worth a repeat viewing if you catch it on the tube again sometime or even a video if your looking for a little angst and romance.  Charlese Theron is as always lovely throughout...Keanu is Keanu.
Life is not a dress rehearsal