Author Topic: I Love My Jeans!  (Read 33673 times)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: I Love My Jeans!
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2007, 12:24:40 pm »
As some may already know, I am a shoe-fanatic, but I think of all my shoes, my cowboy boots make me happiest!
Sometimes I clean and polish them and put them in a line .. just to admire them .. LOL.. ;D

My cowboy boots addiction was pre-BBM, but it got slightly worse after ..  8)
I have an old pair of black ones which I've owned for a long time now - they are worn and gettin real beat down but they are so comfortable and so great with a pair of jeans. 

I love my boots .. maybe I'll post a pic or 2 later ..  :P

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2007, 11:50:07 pm »
I have an old pair of black ones which I've owned for a long time now - they are worn and gettin real beat down but they are so comfortable and so great with a pair of jeans. 

I love my boots .. maybe I'll post a pic or 2 later ..  :P
Cool, Milli! I would love to see them...especially ON YOU! Are the black ones a pair of worn packer boots I might recognize?

I got a pair of black ones yesterday too...and I'm planning to wear them at the hoe-down in Colorado in May.

The other pair I acquired are brown, made in Brazil, and are called "Wild Pair." They have wonderful tooling!

I love that they're a traditional height, mid-calf, and they have those wonderful loops to pull them off with!! And they're nice and pointy-toed, natch.

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2007, 03:39:09 pm »
I am looking for a pair of cowboy boots like that, Scott! There is something about a man wearing cowboy boots...I was thinking that this weekend while I was listening to Traffic's Low Spark of High Heeled Boys.

I love, love, love that song, Lee.  Though it hardly feels like a song, and more like a complete experience.  I haven't heard it in ages.  Will do soon.

I love my Ennis sweater.  Ennis himself would not have worn it, though it's brown.  It's a lightweight cotton pullover, ribbed, with a V neck, but for me, it's comfort and connectedness.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2007, 03:50:44 pm »
Cool, Milli! I would love to see them...especially ON YOU! Are the black ones a pair of worn packer boots I might recognize?

I got a pair of black ones yesterday too...and I'm planning to wear them at the hoe-down in Colorado in May.

The other pair I acquired are brown, made in Brazil, and are called "Wild Pair." They have wonderful tooling!

I love that they're a traditional height, mid-calf, and they have those wonderful loops to pull them off with!! And they're nice and pointy-toed, natch.

Sounds wickedly amazing Lee! 
Now, what I need to add to the collection is a funky pair complete with spurs an' metal toe tip in brown or black leather   ..  8)
Cowboy boots really get me going..LOL..

Don't forget to take a picture with them boots on, Lee!   ;)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2007, 04:38:58 pm »
Will do, Milli! I just had lunch with LoveEmBoys and LauraGigs and they said my new boots are called gaucho boots. Reminds me of my days as a Chilean sheepherder on the PT!!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2007, 12:50:52 pm »
My son only managed to get one of my boots into this photo. But I think you can get a pretty good idea. Also, I need to tell you that the jeans I am wearing in this photo are not the ones I gushed about in the title post. I love these jeans too and they make me look less fat than those other jeans, but the other jeans are still first in my heart!! I promise that I will post a picture of me in my favorite jeans next!!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2007, 02:49:30 pm »
As promised, here is a photo of me in the jeans of my title post. Jeans, I am dreadfully sorry for two-timing you with my other jeans! It's just that I have had my Claudio Agnelli jeans for a long time, they are very soft and nicely faded, they make me look thinner than you do, and well, they're Italian, what can I say. But you will always be first in my heart and it won't be long before you're all soft and faded too!!

In this photo I am standing next to the Wind River which flows north-south through Central Wyoming. It is near here that I fell down in the mud and sand and so had to wash my precious jeans for the first time!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 02:59:49 pm by Front-Ranger »

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2007, 03:53:57 pm »

Beautiful pics Lee!!
Amazing scenery in the second pic!  :D

Loving the boots!  8)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2007, 10:36:19 pm »
Thank you, Milli! Okay, moving right along. Y'all just jump in here, you devil clotheshounds, you!! In the previous pic, I am wearing yet another article of clothing which I love to pieces!! Can you guess what it is? Okay, I won't make you guess or keep you waiting. It is my jacket. It is a suede jacket in Ennis's color of ... beige. Actually, it is not quite accurate to say that it is suede. It is a rather heavy jacket, and so I would call it buckskin...with the suede side out. I have worn it so much that it needs cleaning pretty bad...but it fits in quite well in Wyoming, where everything is well worn.

I have a picture of this jacket more close up which I will post for you very shortly!! But in the meantime, tell me about the jeans and other clothing that you love!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2007, 10:56:27 pm »
Here is a picture of me wearing my favorite jacket while with EDelMar in Bay City, Michigan, at the Oscar Night Viewing (actually this was taken when we went to dinner after the planetarium show).

My thanks to RodneyFL for taking this picture!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 11:58:38 pm by Front-Ranger »