Author Topic: Annie Proulx - Interviews & Articles  (Read 77757 times)

Offline kitty

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Old Brokeback Got Me Good
    • Livejournal
Re: Annie Proulx - Interviews & Articles
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2012, 02:25:27 pm »
I have got a copy of Close Range and have read the short story. I read Postcards in high school but I don't remember too much about it.

Offline kitty

• Brokeback Got Me Good
    • Livejournal
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2013, 09:10:45 am »
Just bumping this up. I'd still like an answer to my question if anybody has it :-*

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2013, 04:03:04 pm »
I spent an hour looking for this in my "Brokie cabinet" in my bedroom. I didn't find it. I found the agency reps for Heath, Michele, Ang, Diana and Larry, Jake, and Anne, but I didn't find Annie's legal reps. I remember they're in NY but that doesn't help you much.

I did have a wonderful trip down memory lane, sifting through letters, receipts, memorabilia from the 2007 Brokeback BBQ, the 2008 and 2009 Roundups, all the planning we did for Alberta in 2010 (which didn't happen), the Memorial service for Jackie and Heath that was held in Denver in February of 2008, all the get togethers with Denver Brokies over the years, the visits by Pete, Eric, Luigi, Amanda, and Meryl, and the service for Rodney in Kansas City and his ashes scattering way up on Brokenback in 2011.  :'( :) :-*
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2013, 05:13:26 pm »
I spent an hour looking for this in my "Brokie cabinet" in my bedroom. I didn't find it. I found the agency reps for Heath, Michele, Ang, Diana and Larry, Jake, and Anne, but I didn't find Annie's legal reps. I remember they're in NY but that doesn't help you much.

I bet Louise would be able to answer Kitty's question about Annie's legal reps; didn't Louise get a "cease and desist" letter from them?

Louise doesn't seem to come around here much more. Too bad. I hope wherever she is and whatever she's doing she's healthy and gainfully employed.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline kitty

• Brokeback Got Me Good
    • Livejournal
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2013, 03:40:10 pm »
So they're in New York? That does help to narrow it down considerably :)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2013, 05:17:31 pm »
I'm not sure it's wise to go looking for lawyers. Seems to me that's a little bit like looking for trouble.  ;)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2013, 09:39:27 am »
I'm not sure it's wise to go looking for lawyers. Seems to me that's a little bit like looking for trouble.  ;)

I agree.  Kitty, considering the fact that you're currently writting fan fiction based on Annie Proulx's characters, why would you want to contact her lawyers?

It's like shooting yourself in the foot.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline JackFromMoscow

• Jr. Ranch Hand
    • My VK profile.
« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2015, 09:44:02 am »
Annie Proulx gave an interview on the Bookworm program on KCRW Santa Monica.  It was an interview done before the film achieved pop-culture status and gives insight into the characters in the film and Proulx's feelings about the movie and how the characters continue to haunt her in life.

http://www.heathledgercentral.com/media/AnnieProulx.mp3

--Edited to change title for merging similar threads. --Lynne

Does anybody have this interview? I would really like to download it and add to my collection on my computer.
I know it's available online here (http://www.kcrw.com/news-culture/shows/bookworm/annie-proulx) but it's imposiible to download it.
An unsatisfactory situation with translation into Russian.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2015, 05:48:12 pm »
I also tried to download it with no luck.  :-\

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2015, 08:50:35 pm »
I was reading a New York Times interview with Annie Proulx from back in 1994, when Brokeback Mountain was just a twinkle in her eye. One of the things she said was:

"Nobody notices older women. It's assumed that they're just there."

Does she mind being invisible? "Oh, God, no," she said. "This is great, this is great! Especially when your main desire in life is to find out things and overhear. I can sit in a diner or a cruddy little restaurant halfway across the country, and there will be people in the booth next to me, and because I'm a woman of a certain age they'll say anything as if no one were there."