Author Topic: Our dear friend John "Nasty" Gallagher :)  (Read 47048 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Our dear friend John Gallagher
« Reply #100 on: May 05, 2006, 05:21:31 pm »
wow, three of my favorite people - Jenny, Meryl, and John - all in one booth together.  How I would love to be there.  Love, Clarissa

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #101 on: May 05, 2006, 06:38:09 pm »
Maybe we can phone you up, Elle!  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Online Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #102 on: May 05, 2006, 08:10:05 pm »
Here are a couple of lighthearted movies that you might like: Roxanne and O Lucky Man! Let me know if you would like me to send them to you.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

moremojo

« Reply #103 on: May 05, 2006, 08:46:37 pm »
Here are a couple of lighthearted movies that you might like: Roxanne and O Lucky Man! Let me know if you would like me to send them to you.
First off, I just want to say to John, if you're reading this, I'm so glad that you're doing better and are able to check in here from time to time. God bless your sweet heart, and speed you onto a full recovery.

Per Front-Ranger's recommendation of O Lucky Man!, I would certainly concur that that is a most interesting movie, with a wonderful (as always) performance from Malcolm McDowell. But I do want to warn the faint of heart that there is a brief scene in the film that scared the bejeesus out of me! Don't want to scare anyone away from this Lindsay Anderson classic, but to be forewarned is to be fore-armed.

Cheers,
Scott

Offline EnnisLovesJack

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Jack Nasty love me!
« Reply #104 on: May 05, 2006, 10:57:50 pm »
John! So good to see you pos again! Glad to hear you're making progress! Thanks for the update, Leslie.

I've got some more funny movies for you, though sometimes funny is in the belly of the beholder (belly being the source of good, deep laughter, dontchaknow). Here are some of my faves:

Zoolander
The Princess Bride (a classic for all time)
LA Story
Harold and Maude (One of my most beloved films, period. Though it has sad parts too, and may be a bit heavy for you right now. But there are certainly parts that make me laugh out loud!)

Some folks have recommended the Canadian film Supertroopers (sp?), but I ain't yet had the opportunity  ;) to watch it.

Sending you lots of positive energy from sunny California! And a big (((((((((John)))))))))) hug.

-ELJ/Keren
Jack Nasty loves you!

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #105 on: May 05, 2006, 11:30:27 pm »

Harold and Maude (One of my most beloved films, period. Though it has sad parts too, and may be a bit heavy for you right now. But there are certainly parts that make me laugh out loud!)

Harold & Maude stands as one of my all time favorites - touching, funny, significant, funny, inspiring, funny... 
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
An angel to watch over you....
« Reply #106 on: May 05, 2006, 11:32:07 pm »
A little bunny angel to watch over you John...

"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #107 on: May 06, 2006, 09:26:51 am »
OMG!
LOL!
What a wonderful way to start the day! Thanks Celeste!

And I of course concur, that Harold and Maude is one of the best films ever made. How could I not, with my chosen harmonica song being "If you want to sing out, sing out"?

And, yes, The Princess Bride, how could I have forgotten? Where's that damn Nicole girl when you need her (remember her verbatim quoting on Elle's BBM Quiz Game thread at ol' PT? Check the archive, if you don't remember, for a laugh or two. A couple of others were in on it with her, but I can't say who right now!)

And finally, Clarissa, big hug! I miss you. Haven't had many run-ins lately,  :( so please PM me or Meryl or John with your number, and we will ring you up next week at our coffee date.

Saturday love to everyone,

Jenny

Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline Ellemeno

Re: Our dear friend John Gallagher (both threads now merged into one)
« Reply #108 on: May 06, 2006, 10:05:38 am »
Hi Everyone,

There were originally two threads started to and about John, one started by me, one by Leslie (lnicoll).  Today, Leslie and I merged our threads to make this one.  All the original posts from both threads are here, in chronological order.

Clarissa
« Last Edit: May 06, 2006, 10:10:49 am by Ellemeno »

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
Re: Our dear friend John Gallagher (both threads now merged into one)
« Reply #109 on: May 06, 2006, 02:48:03 pm »
Gee thanks Clarissa and Leslie! How did you do that? Was it just a click of a button or a painstakingly slow process?

Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."