Author Topic: Our dear friend John "Nasty" Gallagher :)  (Read 46972 times)

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Our dear friend John Gallagher (both threads now merged into one)
« Reply #150 on: May 27, 2006, 01:19:56 pm »
I'll raise my whiskey bottle high in all our honor on the night of the 11th!

John, so good to see your posts here.

Meryl, thanks for sharing the lovely photos.  I can't tell you how privileged I feel to wear the exact same necklace you gals were donning in them (thank you, thank you, Jenny!)

~ the Lordess
No more beans!

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #151 on: May 27, 2006, 08:51:16 pm »
I can't tell you how privileged I feel to wear the exact same necklace you gals were donning in them (thank you, thank you, Jenny!)

Ooh, I'm glad you have one, too, Barb!   Jenny is generously working on adorning/clothing the whole board, one Brokie at a time.  ;D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #152 on: May 28, 2006, 12:04:55 am »
Ooh, I'm glad you have one, too, Barb!   Jenny is generously working on adorning/clothing the whole board, one Brokie at a time.  ;D

Emphasis on one at a time....sorry to be taking so long Jude, Sheyne, and Moni. I'm gonna do my best to get em all done by the end of the weekend. Anyway, thanks for the major patience on your end--never dreamed it would be a 2 month thing. Thought it'd be a one-shot thing, actually.

Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #153 on: June 06, 2006, 01:56:01 am »
Hello everyone,

I've just heard from John and he said it was alright to let everyone know that he is in the hospital again, since Friday, and will be there all week. He apparently had a set back, which has resulted in him getting a new drug therapy that seems to be helping his speech, to his relief. It has also led to his being scheduled for surgery on Monday the 12th. I am letting people know so we can all continue to send our thoughts, energies, and prayers to John in whatever form we feel called to do.

It's very unfortunate that because of this development, he won't be able to join us at our NYC gathering in Central Park on the 11th (which we need to get cracking on by the way! in planning, that is). At the very least, we can give John a call on the day. He said he'd be watching for the full moon from the hospital window  :)

John, I'm sending my love, prayers and healing energy for a quick and full recovery from this thing. We need to get you back to talkin and drinkin and all with us!

Hugs,

Jenny

Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #154 on: June 06, 2006, 02:21:34 am »
Three Important Events on Monday, June 12th:

A) Our John will have his "cocktail umbrella" (as he calls it) inserted to help patch him up.  I know we're all sending up our equivalents of a prayer for his continued re-healthing.

B) Our Victoria will be celebrating her milestone birthday. 

C) The San Francisco Castro Team will be gathering to see Our Boys on the big screen.

Love to our whole big family,

Clarissa

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #155 on: June 06, 2006, 02:26:20 am »
John, I wish you every success.  Good thoughts and positive vibes your way now and always.
~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • And French-kissing, too!
« Reply #156 on: June 06, 2006, 09:17:34 am »
John, since a very serious American study has shown that prayers actually make patients worse when they know people are praying for them, rest assured you will get better quickly thanks to me at least: I know no prayers. I simply demand to see your name in the posts I get to read here! Talk to you soon  ;)
" - I'm vegan now."
"-Vegan? I thought you were still Church of England"

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #157 on: June 06, 2006, 09:19:30 am »
John -

You have a message waiting for you from me when you return home.  Until then, please accept love and good wishes, and all good things.

Celeste
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #158 on: June 06, 2006, 09:19:55 am »
John, honey, I'll be thinking of you, and I'm sure we'll all raise a glass to you (at least once) in San Francisco on Monday.  Looking forward to seeing your lovely face and posts around these parts again very soon.

All my love,
TL (aka Barb)
No more beans!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #159 on: June 06, 2006, 09:40:26 am »
And my therapy for you, John, is to keep cranking away at A Love Born From Steel. Many chapters wil be waiting for you. All my best for a safe surgery and speedy recovery.

Lots of love, hugs, and more
Leslie
xxoxox
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!