Author Topic: Stupid White Men: Don Imus' Racial Trash  (Read 12553 times)

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Stupid White Men: Don Imus' Racial Trash
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2007, 12:24:21 pm »

I agree, with Kaiser, I think censorship, is censorship, and racist, is racist, and i dont agree with the term, some cant be either one, because they are usually the subject of racism, and a minority...I think no matter what a pig is dressed like, it is still a pig...
I also think any kind of censorship is, very dangerous...It starts a notion, that we are going to accept some kinds, and not others...Freedom of speech, which is the real term, means just that...However having said something like that, you then have to be willing to stand the backlash that accompanies it.  I e  getting people to boycott or protest, your behavior, or just outright using the best form of censorship,,,,stop listening to you,

Beautiful mind

Offline HerrKaiser

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2007, 12:36:32 pm »

I e  getting people to boycott or protest, your behavior, or just outright using the best form of censorship,,,,stop listening to you,

Absolutely right I think.

And as long as it isn't outright extortion.

did you get a chance to read the link I posted earlier? may have gotten buried. here it is:

http://www.kansascity.com/182/story/66339.html

injest

« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2007, 01:17:54 pm »
Agree, David, and so do hundreds of other so-called entertainers do the same things day in, day out...and they are only encouraged. Imus got nailed because of his sponsors walking. It's a money thing, like always.

Here's a link to an editorial by a black columnist from the Kansas City Star that nails the issue pretty darn on the head, imo, thanks!

http://www.kansascity.com/182/story/66339.html

you got it!

it is all about the money. If he was still at the top of the ratings he would still be there saying the exact same thing.

The silliest thing I have heard so far is one of the girls saying she was 'scarred for life'. If she is wearing her heart that far out on her sleeve she is going to have a hard time in life. And the officials are not helping by telling them they are 'victims'. the focus should be on Imus not the girls.

I have been in counseling groups before and have seen that it is the ones that cling to the "victim' status that never move on in their lives...

and since they have a good start going with Imus...they need to take out a few more of those radio hosts out there preaching hate!

Offline HerrKaiser

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2007, 02:32:28 pm »
you got it!

it is all about the money. If he was still at the top of the ratings he would still be there saying the exact same thing.

The silliest thing I have heard so far is one of the girls saying she was 'scarred for life'.

the 'scarred for life' part is just the means to adding a few more zeros to the law suit damages.  ;)

injest

« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2007, 06:26:09 pm »
well I haven't heard anything about the team suing him.

I think there are a lot of people out there spewing hate speech that just divide us rather than bring us together. One thing I really hate is when they paint things as being SO black and white....ALL liberals do this....ALL conservatives do that...

we are all individuals. with individual believes and values...

moremojo

« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2007, 06:34:45 pm »
I have been in counseling groups before and have seen that it is the ones that cling to the "victim' status that never move on in their lives...
Check out this fine New York Times article by Gwen Ifill reproduced on the Truthout website:

http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/041107M.shtml

Ms. Ifill has encountered Imus before, and provides a splendid example of rising above the petty, mean taunting that people of his ilk traffic in, without once adopting a 'victim' mentality. At the same time, her sympathy and respect for the young ladies who found themselves the unfortunate focus of this incident are clearly evident; the lady would be a worthy role model for us all, regardless of who we are.

injest

« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2007, 06:43:15 pm »
thank you....a beautifully written article. States it tons better than I could!

more and more I wonder where the women's rights groups are?