Author Topic: Has anybody seen "Ruddy Hell it's Harry and Paul" on BBC tonight?  (Read 3552 times)

mvansand76

The new show by comics Harry Enfield and Paul Whitehouse....

It had Laurel and Hardy in Brokeback Mountain....

:laugh:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/harryandpaul/

Two of the biggest comedy names in Britain, Harry Enfield and Paul Whitehouse, reunite after eight years for a sketch series with a gallery of completely new characters.

There's Peskovitch the ever diving footballer, the Posh Scaffolders, the Fat Kids Jamie and Oliver, and Nelson Mandela as you have never seen him before. Or after, if his lawyers have anything to do with it.

Other characters include Laurel and Hardy in Brokeback Mountain, The Greek Mr Bean, The Computer Billionaires and Bono and The Edge.

moremojo

Re: Has anybody seen "Ruddy Hell it's Harry and Paul" on BBC tonight?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 05:13:25 pm »
That sounds great! Haven't heard of these two before.

Incidentally, I always did get a "queer" vibe from the ever adorable Laurel and Hardy. In their screen personae, those two were best mates to the nth degree.

mvansand76

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 04:00:08 am »
That sounds great! Haven't heard of these two before.

Incidentally, I always did get a "queer" vibe from the ever adorable Laurel and Hardy. In their screen personae, those two were best mates to the nth degree.

I agree! LOL! I have always loved Laurel & Hardy, they really are genius! I am gonna try and find this clip on the internet and post it this weekend if I do find something!

Harry Enfield and Paul Whitehouse have been around since I think the late 80's, Harry Enfield with his own show and later on in the 90's Paul Whitehouse did the Fast Show, which was hilarious... I think they are back now for the first time in 12 years! Just as L&H they are genius....

:D

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 03:48:57 am »
I saw it advertised but didn't watch it..

.....love that the fat kids are called Jamie and Oliver - an ode to Mr Naked Chef himself and hims plans to take over the world!!!!! (or should I say kids school dinners in the UK)

If you don't know what I'm talking about.. here's some info..

Jamie's School Dinners (2005) was a 4-episode documentary series. Oliver took responsibility for running the kitchen meals in Kidbrooke School, Greenwich, for a year. Disgusted by the unhealthy fare being served to schoolchildren and the lack of healthy alternatives on offer, Oliver began a campaign to improve the standard of Britain’s school meals. Public awareness was raised, and, subsequent to Oliver's efforts, the UK Government pledged to spend £280m on school dinners (spread over three years). Tony Blair himself acknowledged that this was a result of Oliver's campaign. Following the success of the campaign, Oliver was named "Most Inspiring Political Figure of 2005" in the Channel 4 Political Awards 2006.

http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline nic

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • No man is an island
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 04:49:58 am »
I saw the very end of the show & was lucky cos the BBM sketch was the last thing.  I was a bit uncertain about it to start with as obviously I hold BBM in v high esteem & although I appreciate take-offs are inevitable & some are very funny, I still feel apprehensive that it might be offensive or something.  Anyway, my fears were unfounded as I was uncontrollably giggling away when it got to showing them "making out", I didn't find it fall-about laugh-outloud funny but was hilarious due to the absurdity of the situation & the facial expressions of the characters! If you can find it anywhere, do post it - it's worth a look.

Old Brokeback got us good and it sure ain't over

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 04:13:12 pm »
Nic,
I found the link!

It's funny. I saw part of the show earlier but missed this scetch. The one about the scaffolders was hilarious.

[youtube=425,350]http://youtube.com/watch?v=GXEKb7-Bkwg[/youtube]
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

moremojo

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2007, 05:45:44 pm »
Thanks for that link! The 'intimate' bits were a lot more suggestive than I would have anticipated! :P Kinda brings to the fore what those old Laurel and Hardy films left on the subliminal level.