Author Topic: The Bettermost Earth Day Photo Project! (see first post) April 22  (Read 11164 times)

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
Re: The Bettermost Earth Day Photo Project! (see first post) April 22
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2007, 04:00:27 pm »
Camile and Rosie at the Alpacha Farm down the road

Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline dot-matrix

• www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2007, 04:01:20 pm »
and a close up look at the wineries that are all over our valley

Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2007, 06:13:11 pm »
I took photos on my mobile phone (as I had been at my friends for the weekend and took some photos on my way home) - but the instillation software for the computer is playing up... bear with me it may be a day or two but I did take them today!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline j.U.d.E.

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2007, 07:55:29 pm »
Just before sunset today, I took my bike and drove around my town.
I've been to streets I'd never been before! I took a few pictures. Here a selection -

No petrol today..

My bike and cat..

Going for a walk..

I know it's not a 'sunset' project, but I took some anyway tonight -

j. U. d. E.
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2007, 08:16:27 pm »
Earth Day Pictures

I was driving around today and I saw this tree. I decided it had to be my picture here.  I have no idea who's house it is, but I love that there are trees as beautiful as this in the big city.

Here is a picture of the beach today.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 08:21:55 pm by Cameron »

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2007, 08:28:23 pm »
This little fella decided that earth day was the right day ta start showin off. Wish it were later during the early summer - then you'd get a better idea a my summer outdoor sanctum (surrounded on all sides by lovely flowers, some a them very fragrant, others attractive to some unusual lookin birds)

2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2007, 09:31:32 pm »
I did not take these photos.  It is the view from Seattle across Puget Sound to the Olympic Peninsula.   I love living here.

injest

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2007, 09:36:33 pm »
Belbbmfan

Lovely little baby!! Such a cute series of pictures! Thank you maam!

Penthesilea

What a wonderful tradition! Your kids will always remember this as being such a special thing. I envy you the carefree, exuburant celebration of that harvest!

Wdj

Wayne what gorgeous pics! Did you take them yourself? You are an ARTIST as well as being so durn smart!

Dot Matrix

I feel as if I am in your yard hearing the WHOOSH of the hot air balloon going over….we have a hot air balloon festival  every July and there is a company here that gives rides…but EVERY time you see one it is SO special. We had one land in one of our pastures one time…the cows were not happy…LOL!!

Love the alpacas all stretched out just enjoying the day…but the GRAPES! Do they allow you to pick some?

Kelda!

Sweetie thank you! We look forward to seeing your pictures…whenever you get them…

j.U.d.E

You have an artist’s eye for composition and light….that pic of the purple flowers is just stunning to me. But all your pics are stunning..

Cameron

You did it! Thank you for joining us today….you are right such pretty trees. And the beach is always special to me.

Sheriff Roland

Rolling in here a little late in the evening but what a beautiful offering! Thank you sir.

Clarissa

That is a gorgeous view....you ARE very lucky to live in such a beautiful place....that night shot is amazing!

Thanks to all of you for taking part!

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2007, 09:41:10 pm »
I spent most of the day with my dad and stepmother.  We drove up to Sewanee, a little mountain college town in middle Tennessee, and went for a walk in the woods.  I carried along a trash bag to pick up some of the ususal college detritus, mostly empty beer cans and broken beer bottles.  There were conspicuously three empty bottles of champagne too, so I was left wondering what was being celebrated ... passing comps, maybe.

My ulterior motive was to practice with my new digital camera...I still don't think I'm there, yet.

The walk was through Abbo's Alley, named after a long-deceased English professor.  There are usually a plethora of wildflowers, but the severe frost a week or so ago meant that we saw no flowers.  Still, it was a warm sunny day and nice to be outside in nature.

Sewanee means a great deal to me because that was where I was as my 19-year old idealistic self.  In a sense, it's my Brokeback Mountain because I compare the me now with the me then - how I am happy with the way some things have turned out and less pleased about others.  Whenever I visit, I feel a bit closer to a better version of myself.

Here are a couple of pictures of Abbo's Alley:

Afterwards we drove around a bit to some of the scenic overlooks and I took some pictures of the view of the valley from the mountain.  Interesting aside:  Students at the university from the local area were referred to as 'Covites' - sometimes derogatory and sometimes in fun.  So I guess these would be the coves below the mountains from where I hail:

Then I dragged Dad and Linda over to the Sewanee Natural Bridge, which is also really pretty- good payoff for only a short hike:

Happy Earth Day!
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

injest

« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2007, 09:52:29 pm »
Lynne that is a wonderful place. You are fortunate to have it. A 'touchstone'. and it looks like a great place to get those legs in shape for the Alberta trip!

Thank you for sharing it with us!