Author Topic: Vote for the MTV Movie Awards  (Read 11669 times)

Offline Aussie Chris

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Vote for the MTV Movie Awards
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2006, 05:46:09 pm »
I loved Sin City.

(runs and hides)

You're doing a lot of that today sfericsf, but in this case I agree with you.  I loved Sin City because of everything it was that was different about it - a movie comic book with just as much violence.  But as much as I love Pete Jackson and LOTR, I was bored out of my mind with King Kong.  Ok the FX were impressive but that was it, and that dinosaur stampede???
Nothing is as common as the wish to be remarkable - William Shakespeare

dmmb_Mandy

« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2006, 07:13:28 pm »
Like I said at the other thread, sorry Angie my girl, I loved your and Brad's kiss, but I gotta vote for my boys Jack & Ennis!  ;D

vkm91941

« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2006, 07:37:45 pm »
Yep, just added the link to my favorites I'll votes a few times a day until they close the voting!  I want Jake to win best Performance and Jake and Heath to win best kiss, and as far I'm concerned they don't even have to recreate the kiss. LOL

Offline chefjudy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "a pair a deuces"
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2006, 08:12:39 pm »
 :) I've already voted several times today - heck, what's a few more................ :laugh:
Judy

"it could be like this, just like this, always......" Jack Twist

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2006, 08:20:26 pm »
Swear I posted before--but anyway, like we say in Chicago: VOTE EARLY AND OFTEN!
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline two_bloody_shirts

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • First Kisses
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2006, 08:46:39 pm »
Yep, just added the link to my favorites I'll votes a few times a day until they close the voting!  I want Jake to win best Performance and Jake and Heath to win best kiss, and as far I'm concerned they don't even have to recreate the kiss. LOL

Only too true.  I just want them to win.  I won't even mind if they don't show up at the awards show.
Love.  You have a problem with it?

~Grace~

Offline jura86

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2006, 06:09:06 pm »
Sorry, guys, but I thought Kong was just a bit too much all at once (I mean, dinosaurs too?  WTF?), and Sin City was just an assault on my senses, and not at all a good one.  But then I didn't care much for Jurassic Park

How very dare you!! Kong is a mess.

Jurassic Park is a masterpiece.

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2006, 06:10:20 pm »
Jurassic Park is a masterpiece.

Agreed! 

Offline FuzzyChanny

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "Youth is wasted on the young..."
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2006, 06:18:14 pm »
Damnit! Need to get a mouse so I can vote.

Batman Begins was so incredibly awesome!! Third best film of the last year. I shall be voting for that (and Jake, and the boys of course).

I agree.  I really enjoyed the movie.  I voted for Christian Bale/Batman as best hero, too.  I've always loved the idea of Batman - that he doesn't have super powers but is just a vigilante of sorts who has the brains enough to devise ways to make himself seem super-powerful.  And I loved how Batman Begins was about how all the masses need is a *symbol* of invincibility, and they will believe it.  The shadow he cast, literally, was enough to inspire the weak and scare the bejesus out of the bad.

Besides, I can't say as I'd mind seeing Christian Bale on that stage, either.  It's unlikely, I know, but worth a shot.  ;)

That's what I love about Batman too. It's real! And yes, I'm a big Christian Bale fan...  ;D
I've learnt that you cannot make someone love you. All you can do is stalk them and hope they panic and give in!