Author Topic: This is a silly one but I couldn't resist...  (Read 7996 times)

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • " Save a horse ... ride a cowboy "
Re: This is a silly one but I couldn't resist...
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2007, 10:50:05 am »
I don't have much of an appetite in the morning.  However, I do love breakfast foods at 2 am in the morning if I go out partying all night.

As for lunch I am usually alone at lunchtime so I have a tendency to skip over that too, but if I am at work at the hospital,  I have to either skip lunch, or keep it real real lite cause if I don't I feel like I really need a nap..and with all those beds there it's very tempting to get in one. Believe me I've come really close.  And besides,  feeling tired makes the afternoon drag on.

So late night dinner is my favorite meal. Thats when everybody is usually home!  And by then I am usually starving.  I know...doesn't sound too healthy!  But seems to work for me.
" Save a horse... ride a cowboy "

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2007, 10:08:46 am »

Food isn't one of my things, Dottie. I've never really been into food. I guess I eat because I have to. I hate cooking for myself and am subsequently a very bad cook. I enjoy dining out and particularly like to do lunch, but it is mainly the social interaction aspect of this activity that I enjoy, rather than the actual eating part. I would gladly take a pill 3 times a day, rather than have to go through all the fuss, mess and bother that food preparation, eating, and clean-up entails. Oh, and I don't like the stale smell cooking leaves behind - yuck.  It's probably a good thing for the food industry that everyone's not like me.  :D
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2007, 03:34:09 pm »
I picked supper after 7, because for me, if I'm eatin that late, it means I'm out with friends for supper, which I love doing.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2007, 07:42:35 pm »
Big breakfast fan, here.  Kind of a morning person, and I love all breakfast foods - eggs in all their forms, bacon, sausage patties and/or links, pancakes, French toast, waffles, cereal, oatmeal, toast, hash browns...  I could go on all day.

I've been doing Nutrisystem for a month, now.  Lost 9 pounds so far.  Wooo-eeeeeee!  Yeah!  11 more to my goal.  It's been hard to give up my Atkins-esque weekend breakfasts of scrambled eggs with melted cheese, KETCHUP, bacon, and wheat toast.  But at least they have this high-protein pancake mix that doesn't turn out too hatefully bad and some good high protein, low carb cereals.

I like to eat lunch out - not much of a fan of making lunches.  But I do like all kinds of sandwiches and salads and soups, so I'm never at a loss for what to order.

And dinner.  Another favorite.

Heck, I like 'em all.  But then I'm a food addict.

I said to my husband in despair about two weeks ago when I'd hit a plateau with the NS weight loss and it seemed there was no end in sight, "I just feel lately like there's nothing to look forward to."  He goes, "What, because you can't fixate on food anymore?"  And I said, "Well, what else is there?"

(We've been married for 17 years - I think those of you partnered for that long understand how food can become very important at this stage in the game.  ;))

He still laughs every now and then and says, "What else is there?"  I guess it's good we can laugh about it!
No more beans!

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2007, 11:51:57 pm »
I've been doing Nutrisystem for a month, now.  Lost 9 pounds so far.  Wooo-eeeeeee!  Yeah! 

Congratulations, Barbara. Yee-Haw!  :D
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2007, 12:10:42 am »
That's really something Barb!!  :D

Congratulations!!!!
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2007, 09:02:03 am »
Thanks so much for those *unsolicited* compliments, Kerry and David.  ;)

I hope I can knock out the other 11 this month.  I'm getting a little tired, believe it or not, of all the pre-packaged stuff.  Although it would make excellent hurricane food...  Perhaps I should order one more month just to have it on hand...

No more beans!

Offline pettifogger

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Just passin through
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2007, 01:14:04 am »
I personally enjoy a nice late supper between 7 and 8 pm then a few hours of telly, the late news and off to bed.
You and I are travelers just passing through this earth

Offline Dobie1018

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2007, 10:31:29 pm »
My favorite meal is breakfast - my relaxation quiet time when eat my breakfast and read the newspaper or a book before I start my busy day.  I love breakfast foods too!

Offline Rogue

• Jr. Ranch Hand
  • "we will be known forever by the tracks we leave"
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2007, 04:04:30 pm »
i love lunch cause by that time most of the cool resturants are open and there are so many place's not to mention foods to choose from
"Love is a special word, and i use it only when i mean it you say the word to much and it becomes cheap." - ray charles