Author Topic: "ABCs of BBM" Game Comments  (Read 57816 times)

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: "ABCs of BBM" Game Comments
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2006, 09:45:23 pm »
I have not played in a long time but prowling around I found this list and it is a thing of beauty.  My goodness.

Thanks, Sarah.  The answer list is quite impressive, if I say so myself.  As you can see, we've been very, very busy.  Come back and play with us sometime.

Fran

Offline memento

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • There But For Fortune
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2006, 05:07:08 pm »
I think that even Will Shortz, the crossword editor of The New York Times and former editor of Games Magazine, would be impressed with our amazing Answer List. He is the only person in the world to hold a college degree in Enigmatology, the study of puzzles, which he earned from Indiana University in 1974. Perhaps one of our playerz will be the second person to hold such a degree. After 178+ rounds, any one of our playerz would certainly qualify.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2006, 05:37:20 pm »
Will Shortz? Will Shortz?? Sounds suspiciously like our own Mayor Will in one of his many enigmatological disguises!! BTW, has anybody seen Wordplay, which is supposedly based on the life of Will Shortz??
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Toast

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2006, 08:03:40 pm »
Annie Proulx used about 2475 words to write the short story "Brokeback Mountain".  We are now in round 232; so we have used up more than 6040 words to highlight some details of her story.  Annie used one "Z" word "zone", but oodles of "S" words -- many of which are still unplayed here.

I would like to take this chance to wish Annie Proulx a "Happy Birthday" -- she turns 71 on August 22, 2006 -- and to bring more beauty to the ABCz Answers Played List. 

I am proud to see that you have taken my suggestion about calling the ABCs the ABCz, Will.

Glad to bring even more beauty to this list.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 06:32:57 pm by Fran »

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2006, 12:20:13 pm »
I'm sure this has been viewed many more than 10,000 times since post number 1 has been revised constantly and we all check it every time we play a word (always, without fail, religiously!!) Thank you from the bottom of my dictionary Will, Fran, and Sandy, for this Brokeback Bible, dictionary, and guidebook all rolled into one! It is a work of art!!

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline memento

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • There But For Fortune
"Z" Problem
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2006, 09:41:06 pm »
As of tonight there was a problem with adding Z's, and in the process we lost some of them so that they are not all there.  We will be posting a bogus "Z" in this upcoming round- just leaving a space for it to be filled in later.  The Administrators have been notified and we are waiting for them to get back to us.

Sandy
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 01:04:01 am by Fran »

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2006, 10:59:09 pm »
Due to the space limitations on individual posts, it was necessary to split the "ABCs of BBM" Answers List into two separate posts:  "A" to "M" words and "N" to "Z" words.

Gamely,
Will, Fran & Sandy
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 09:04:20 pm by Fran »

Offline Seépian

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2006, 07:07:31 pm »
I like this Answerz List it help me learn English better, but some words here are funny and weird.
Are you funny and weird people I think.
Det ensomme liv under åben himmel og de rå men smukke omgivelser danner langsomt rammen om en ømhed mellem de to mænd.
The lonely life in the open air and those rough but beautiful surroundings slowly create a tenderness between the two men.

Offline Seépian

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2006, 07:17:12 pm »
I see that clown and klown is the same
But I hope I am not clown here
I hope I can have fun with game
and maybe I will get a bigger dictionary for me to play good here.
Det ensomme liv under åben himmel og de rå men smukke omgivelser danner langsomt rammen om en ømhed mellem de to mænd.
The lonely life in the open air and those rough but beautiful surroundings slowly create a tenderness between the two men.

Offline Seépian

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2006, 10:56:18 am »
Sorry

I look in dictionary and weird is not nice word.
But I see word fantastic in list there.
I say the words in this list are fantastic.
So the players are fantastic.
OK?

Seépian