Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3198086 times)

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #2970 on: June 29, 2007, 07:16:41 am »
Isn't Reese between movies?  What the heck else was she doing besides spending time with Jake - from all reports - at home?  Where were her kids if not at home with her?  Weren't all the earlier stories about how Jake is really into kids and family?  That seemed to indicate they spent a lot of time with her kids as well.

Sounds like a lame-ass excuse.

I think they were never together. There was never one single picture of them together, just rumors about them being seeing here and there spread only by People Magazine, with was kind of strange considering how sneaky the papparazzis can be. IMO that was a publicity stunt to promote their upcoming movie that didn't work as expected. But if they were indeed together they might have broken up for other reasons and their respectives publicists simply provided the standard excuse. "She wanted to spend more time with the family." And this time they had to make Reese the guilty one because obvioulsy they couldn't say that Jake wanted to spend more time with his dogs.  However, since they never publicly acknowledge being together in the first place, the break-up announcement wasn't really necessary, was it?  Weird, isn't it?
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

mvansand76

« Reply #2971 on: June 29, 2007, 08:08:52 am »
I think they were never together. There was never one single picture of them together, just rumors about them being seeing here and there spread only by People Magazine, with was kind of strange considering how sneaky the papparazzis can be. IMO that was a publicity stunt to promote their upcoming movie that didn't work as expected. But if they were indeed together they might have broken up for other reasons and their respectives publicists simply provided the standard excuse. "She wanted to spend more time with the family." And this time they had to make Reese the guilty one because obvioulsy they couldn't say that Jake wanted to spend more time with his dogs.  However, since they never publicly acknowledge being together in the first place, the break-up announcement wasn't really necessary, was it?   Weird, isn't it?

Exactly!

I do wish he finds happiness with somebody, and Reese seemed like a nice partner for him! She seems as down-to-earth and friendly as he is.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2972 on: June 29, 2007, 04:55:42 pm »
I don't think she's all that nice, myself.

But what do I know?  I've never met her, let alone know her in any way.  Just a gut feeling I have.  And I have to admit, seeing various "reports" that she initiated things with him in the first place only to blow him off when the publicity got to be too much doesn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy towards her.  In other words (if it's at all true), she used him.  And that's pretty shitty.

No more beans!

mvansand76

« Reply #2973 on: June 30, 2007, 05:05:55 am »
I don't think she's all that nice, myself.

But what do I know?  I've never met her, let alone know her in any way.  Just a gut feeling I have.  And I have to admit, seeing various "reports" that she initiated things with him in the first place only to blow him off when the publicity got to be too much doesn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy towards her.  In other words (if it's at all true), she used him.  And that's pretty shitty.

Well, we never really KNOW any of the stars, because all the information you get about them is through the press and the press (even the more established newspapers/broadcasters) is not to be trusted. So we never knew if she used him, might've been the other way around.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2974 on: June 30, 2007, 07:52:43 am »
Of course you're right, Melissa.  I have no way of knowing anything, really, about either of them.  Which is as it should be.  I've just never thought she was a particularly nice person and all that's based on is just a gut feeling I have.  I think someone can be a great parent and good at her job, but at heart still be kind of a stone cold beotch, and I can't shake the feeling that she's pretty much all of those things.
No more beans!

mvansand76

« Reply #2975 on: June 30, 2007, 09:10:37 am »
Of course you're right, Melissa.  I have no way of knowing anything, really, about either of them.  Which is as it should be.  I've just never thought she was a particularly nice person and all that's based on is just a gut feeling I have.  I think someone can be a great parent and good at her job, but at heart still be kind of a stone cold beotch, and I can't shake the feeling that she's pretty much all of those things.

:laugh: :laugh:

That might be true AND the reason why Jake fled! LOL!

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #2976 on: June 30, 2007, 12:43:29 pm »
And this time they had to make Reese the guilty one because obvioulsy they couldn't say that Jake wanted to spend more time with his dogs....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

How bad would that have looked for Reese?!   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  She dates one of the most eligible bachelors in Hollywood and after several months together, he prefers his dogs?!?   :laugh: :laugh:

I don't know if Reese is a nice person or not, but I'm glad that their non-existent unofficial romance is over.  Jake was always going to be the transitional man for her regardless of any other benefits he brought to their relationship and he deserves better than that.

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #2977 on: June 30, 2007, 12:49:57 pm »
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

How bad would that have looked for Reese?!   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  She dates one of the most eligible bachelors in Hollywood and after several months together, he prefers his dogs?!?   :laugh: :laugh:

I don't know if Reese is a nice person or not, but I'm glad that their non-existent unofficial romance is over.  Jake was always going to be the transitional man for her regardless of any other benefits he brought to their relationship and he deserves better than that.

He's just too good for her! LOL
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #2978 on: June 30, 2007, 02:35:31 pm »
I think they were never together. There was never one single picture of them together,

Exactly what I was going to say, natali.  :)

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2979 on: June 30, 2007, 05:33:00 pm »
I'm glad that their non-existent unofficial romance is over.

*snork*

I agree with the rest of what you said, btw.

No more beans!