Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3211071 times)

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • no way out but through
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #3240 on: October 21, 2007, 10:24:29 pm »

God I love it when he bites his bottom lip!!

Yes, my favorite was the last of that set!
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3241 on: October 21, 2007, 10:36:47 pm »

Kelly its you me and Eric, all liking the beard.  I really liked his grown up look in Rendition...I liked all
of his interviews,, except the Lettermanshow,,Dave doesnt give him much time..I think he is a homophobe,
and confuses Jake with Jack...so its in and out for him on there...its stilted and glib...
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 11:20:44 am by ifyoucantfixit »

Beautiful mind

Offline dot-matrix

• www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #3242 on: October 22, 2007, 04:26:49 am »
From IMDB and World Entertainment News Network

Witherspoon Denies Romance with Gyllenhaal

Reese Witherspoon has hit out at rumors she has been romancing Rendition co-star Jake Gyllenhaal. The pair have been photographed enjoying each other's company on numerous occasions, but Witherspoon - newly divorced from Ryan Phillippe - insists their relationship is purely platonic.

Walk the Line Oscar winner Witherspoon says, "I have known Jake for years through different friends and he is just wonderful. He's very kind, generous and funny. It's been nice these past days to laugh a little bit. Yeah, he's great and I look forward to maybe making another film with him."
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #3243 on: October 23, 2007, 02:12:17 pm »
In light of the above post, this seems a bit.... to the contrary:  ::) 

http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/16723636.html#cutid1

I really should stop reading the gossip blogs, but it is quite entertaining. Most of the time. Not this time. 'Cause I still don't very much like Reese W. I only hope she's nicer in private than she appears in public.

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • no way out but through
« Reply #3244 on: October 23, 2007, 03:24:42 pm »
that does not look like a very jakey belly in the one newspaper image...

“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #3245 on: October 23, 2007, 03:55:09 pm »
I was thinking the same thing. Do you think they're all photoshopped? That seems a bit too conspiracy-theoretical for me, somehow.

mvansand76

« Reply #3246 on: October 23, 2007, 04:00:58 pm »
It leaves a bad taste in my mouth when they are being asked repeatedly if they are in a relationship by respectable press and then deny it and Reese even straight out denies it and says that they are just friends and Jake says that he is single. And then this!  :-\ I know, it's none of our business, but why can they not just come out and say "Hey, we're together..." it's not like the world is going to implode when they say, it's gonna go on spinning and people are gonna continue to go about their business. What's the big deal anyway, this is something you can share with the public, isn't it, it's something to be happy and proud about?

Offline dot-matrix

• www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #3247 on: October 23, 2007, 04:47:12 pm »
Maybe they are friends with benefits  ::)  But no matter what until they say they have a romantic relationship the rest is just gossip and as such is unreliable because it is based on conjecture.  I will respect them and take them at their word.
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • no way out but through
« Reply #3248 on: October 23, 2007, 05:36:36 pm »
It leaves a bad taste in my mouth when they are being asked repeatedly if they are in a relationship by respectable press and then deny it and Reese even straight out denies it and says that they are just friends and Jake says that he is single. And then this!  :-\ I know, it's none of our business, but why can they not just come out and say "Hey, we're together..." it's not like the world is going to implode when they say, it's gonna go on spinning and people are gonna continue to go about their business. What's the big deal anyway, this is something you can share with the public, isn't it, it's something to be happy and proud about?

Did you ever see Notting Hill?  movie with Hugh Grant and Julia Roberts.  Julia's character is an actress, Hugh's is a regular Joe, book shop owner, who starts dating her.  In one scene, Julia comments on how the public thinks she is still married to her husband (or dating her ex - can't remember) and thus it is bad for pictures of her with Hugh to appear in the paper...  anyhoo - the movie suggests that celebrities (or their publicist, etc.) may misform about who they are dating or not dating... and I'm not implying that either Jake or Reese is doing this, just that if they are presenting a false public image, the motivations may not be so obvious to us who live 'regular' lives...

All I'm really getting at, is whatever they are doing or not doing, I'm sure they have their reasons for it... though I certainly couldn't begin to guess what those reasons may be.

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• Love is a force of nature
« Reply #3249 on: October 23, 2007, 05:46:33 pm »
I think it may be true. and like the article or someone posted, the movie didnt do so well at the box office.  Its not exactly a pleasant thing to spend 2 hours watching, so maybe they are diverting the attention away from that.  This way they still get publicity.  And from what I understand Jake has no projects coming out in 2008.  So we arent gonna be seeing him in anything till 2009 when Brothers comes out, so he needs the publicity!