Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3210342 times)

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #3270 on: October 27, 2007, 05:18:36 am »
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • no way out but through
« Reply #3271 on: October 27, 2007, 12:03:25 pm »
Thanks for the pics!
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline lil darlin

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #3272 on: October 28, 2007, 12:11:39 am »

Kelly its you me and Eric, all liking the beard.  I really liked his grown up look in Rendition...I liked all
of his interviews,, except the Lettermanshow,,Dave doesnt give him much time..I think he is a homophobe,
and confuses Jake with Jack...so its in and out for him on there...its stilted and glib...

Include me please, in liking the beard.  Kurt has a beard, always has, and i love it.  so I love Jake's beard the same way.  I like the rugged look it give him.
        I also liked all of Jake's recent interviews.    However, i was not able to see the entire Ellen segment with Jake.  Do you know if it exists anywhere?  I tried youtube, but i cant find it.
                                                                                                                                                                 glory

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #3273 on: October 28, 2007, 12:24:14 am »

Yes Glory;  its on Iheartjake.com  go there and you can either listen to it or download it....its very cute.  If you
dont belong there as a member you will have to join...          enjoy   :-* :-*          :D

Beautiful mind

Online southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
« Reply #3274 on: October 31, 2007, 10:55:45 am »
To celebrate Halloween, I am going with friends to see the stage version of "Donnie Darko" at the American Repertory Theatre in Cambridge. 

I wonder what Jake is doing tonight...

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3275 on: October 31, 2007, 12:51:08 pm »
Monday's Entertainment Tonight had a picture of Jake and  Reese driving   (in costume) to a Halloween party at Kate Hudson's house over the weekend. I couldn't tell it was him... He wasn't dressed like a cowboy, that's for sure. 

Wow, Donnie Darko has been turned into a play.  I bet it will be pretty successful. 

Online southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
« Reply #3276 on: October 31, 2007, 01:05:11 pm »
I'll let you know!

Here's an article from Variety:

CAMBRIDGE, Mass. -- Can an enigmatic cult film about a troubled teen, a six-foot rabbit named Frank and the end of the world find new life -- and maybe new auds -- on stage?
"Donnie Darko," based on Richard Kelly's 2001 film, receives its stage preem at American Repertory Theater in Cambridge, Mass., in a production that runs Oct. 27-Nov. 18.

Marcus Stern, who helmed the theater's popular, genre-bending "The Onion Cellar" in collaboration with local rock group the Dresden Dolls, stages his own adaptation of the indie pic, which starred a 20-year-old Jake Gyllenhaal as the angst-filled, time-traveling protagonist. Cast also included Mary McDonnell, Patrick Swayze, Katharine Ross, Noah Wyle and Drew Barrymore (whose film company produced). But the movie, which prominently featured a jet engine crashing into a suburban home, disappeared quickly from theaters shortly following 9/11.

Subsequent DVD sales resulted in the quirky, open-to-interpretation, teen-centric film becoming one of the millennium's first cult classics. "Donnie Darko" websites, blogs, online forums and even a British documentary about the film's obsessive fans added to its continued longevity. A second "Director's Cut" DVD, which added 20 minutes to the film, was released in 2004, following a brief theatrical reissue, further fueling the ranks of "Darkoists."

But a special effects film that featured time portals, car crashes and burning buildings would seem an unlikely candidate for the stage. Make that the small stage -- ART's Zero Arrow Theater seats 300.

Stern, however, didn't see it that way, saying the project fit in with the type of non-realistic theater to which he is drawn.

"The style of the show went along with the essence of the story itself," he says. "There's one guy, lost and struggling as he goes through such a surreal event (the jet engine crashing into his bedroom) which creates this enormous variety of other imagistic, reality-melting events. We're watching something happening inside and outside Donnie's head."

Filmmaker Kelly greenlit the theater's request to do a stage adaptation two years ago when it was a school project for ART's Institute for Advanced Theater Training, where Stern teaches.

Matthew Garrity, a college chum of one of the actors in the sold-out workshop, snatched up the stage rights, and when ART decided last year to give the work a full production, it licensed the work from Garrity.

"The workshops brought in a whole new, younger, audience that hadn't been coming to the theater, and everyone took note of that," Stern says. "It was similar to when I did 'The Onion Cellar' " -- a cabaret-theater-rock concert amalgam that attracted large crowds in its environmental, newly created nightclub space.

Younger auds, he says, connect with things that have a contemporary pace and a different hard-core aesthetic. "You're seeing actors and music and everything collide really fast, back and forth, which to me reflects what younger audiences are going to in general. It's a nice world for me to play in."

There is industry attention on the project, but the economics of a transfer may be problematic, says ART managing director Rob Orchard.

The production calls for 19 actors in more than 70 sometimes-overlapping scenes in the 110-minute show, filled with a wall of sound and music (including nearly all the tracks from the film). But Stern's conception for the work necessitates an intimate playing space, and that doesn't translate to large net revenues, Orchard says.

ART is able to produce the work because many in the cast are tapped from the acting school, appropriate for the teen-populated drama/romance/sci-fi story.

"Donnie Darko" is ART's third alternative-theater project geared specifically for a younger, non-subscription aud.

After "Onion Cellar" earlier this year, the theater last month presented three weekends of "Sxip's House of Charm," anchored by a different band each week and featuring a variety show of acts including a Cirque du Soleil perf, a human beatbox, a rope-skipping cowboy from the Bronx and a comic storyteller.

Orchard says while the Boston area boasts a college population of 250,000, he doesn't believe it's necessary to be in a college environment to find an aud for these projects. "This kind of material would work anywhere," he says.

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #3277 on: November 01, 2007, 07:41:40 pm »
Monday's Entertainment Tonight had a picture of Jake and  Reese driving   (in costume) to a Halloween party at Kate Hudson's house over the weekend. I couldn't tell it was him... He wasn't dressed like a cowboy, that's for sure. 

*sigh*

I guess Natalie Portman was an aberration.

Here comes Jake, who hasn't had a real relationship since his last relationship with the cute, thin blonde actress.  Here he is with his new lover, a cute, thin blonde actress, arriving at the house of a mutual friend, a cute thin blonde actress.

:P
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 08:42:16 am by delalluvia »

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #3278 on: November 01, 2007, 08:42:53 pm »

You think he is stuck in a rut Del??                 ::)

Beautiful mind

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #3279 on: November 01, 2007, 08:47:12 pm »

You think he is stuck in a rut Del??                 ::)

Don't know if he's in a rut [ahem], but I'm sensing a pattern...