Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3210280 times)

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #3310 on: November 05, 2007, 09:29:02 pm »

Every movie doesnt have to be Hamlet...Some can be just for fun..... ::)

Beautiful mind

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • no way out but through
« Reply #3311 on: November 05, 2007, 10:24:39 pm »
I happened across this awhile ago... not sure if y'all have ever seen it:

“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3312 on: November 06, 2007, 06:15:51 am »
 :) Cute!! 
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3313 on: November 06, 2007, 08:57:17 am »
Another short article on Jake's potential new movie project, from Celebrity News:

Hollywood, CA (CNS) - Nobel Prize-winning politician and former Vice President Al Gore isn't the only one in the family that is making waves in Hollywood. Now his daughter, Kristin, is also about to make her mark on Tinseltown by penning a new offbeat movie that takes a look at an immoral congressman and a sex-addicted lobbyist.

According to Gore, she already has two actors in mind - Jake Gyllenhaal and Jessica Biel to play the leading roles.

According to People magazine, in the plot, Biel's character accidentally has a nail shot into her head, which elicits bizarre sexual urges. Traveling to D.C. to lobby for the weirdly injured, she meets Gyllenhaal's character, who takes advantage of her.

Kristen, Gore's second daughter, has also worked as a writer and story editor for the animated series Futurama, Charlie Lawrence and Saturday Night Live.

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7009063984
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3314 on: November 06, 2007, 08:58:37 am »
And from Reuters:

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Jake Gyllenhaal and Jessica Biel are attached to star in "Nailed," a risque political satire co-written by a daughter of Al Gore.

David O. Russell ("Three Kings") is attached to direct from a screenplay co-written with Kristin Gore, a published novelist and former writer on "Futurama."

Biel would play Sammy Joyce, a socially awkward small-town receptionist who has a nail accidentally shot into her head by a clumsy workman, eliciting wild sexual urges.

The uninsured Joyce goes on a crusade to Washington to fight for the rights of the bizarrely injured. She meets an immoral congressman (Gyllenhaal) who takes advantage of her sex drive and capitalizes on her crusade as Joyce heads into her own career in politics.

Principal photography is set to start in January.

Neither star has a signed contract for the film. Their commitment could depend on juggling other features.

Russell is no stranger to politics. He started as an 1980s political activist before directing the prescient Gulf War drama "Three Kings."

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

http://www.reuters.com/article/filmNews/idUSN0542116620071105
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #3315 on: November 06, 2007, 11:29:36 am »
I wonder if you can get that done on the NHS!  ;D

Have a proocedure done to make Jake want to take advantage of you, you mean?  ;) Nah....  it would surely have meant the total collapse of the NHS through overdemand in no time at all!  ;D

---

I don't understand from these press snippets whether someone is just *hoping* for Biel and Gyllenhaal to sign, whether they've tentatively accepted, or whether they have actually contractually signed on. Anyone here better at film-speak than me, who could enlighten me?

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • no way out but through
« Reply #3316 on: November 06, 2007, 12:16:03 pm »
Have a proocedure done to make Jake want to take advantage of you, you mean?  ;) Nah....  it would surely have meant the total collapse of the NHS through overdemand in no time at all!  ;D

---

I don't understand from these press snippets whether someone is just *hoping* for Biel and Gyllenhaal to sign, whether they've tentatively accepted, or whether they have actually contractually signed on. Anyone here better at film-speak than me, who could enlighten me?

it sounds that way to me too - that the writers, etc. hope for Biel and Gyllenhaal, but no word if they've actually agreed to do it...
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3317 on: November 06, 2007, 01:22:53 pm »

I got this from The Answer Bitch at E! Online. Hope this helps...

by Leslie Gornstein
Jul 6, 2007
Ask the Answer B!tch

At want point is an actor committed to doing a movie role? You often hear that someone was signed on for a movie but backed out. I am specifically thinking of Anne Hathaway for the lead role in Knocked Up. You rock!
—Angela, Lafayette, Indiana

The B!tch Replies:  Here's a little known fact: Celebrities, like cats, have floating collarbones. And like cats, they can use this trait to worm out of any situation at any time—including ironclad movie contracts, losing, at worst, a few million in the process. So, if during your nocturnal wanderings, you spot Christina Aguilera staring up at you from a sewer drain or a tiny spider hole, and she's peeping and mewing and asking you to get her out, remind her that as long as she can get her head and whiskers through the opening, she can rescue her own self.

Then walk away.

I say this because even after a star has promised—promised!—to shoot a movie, it doesn't always mean that'll happen. In 1993, an incensed film producer complained Kim Basinger had promised—promised!—to appear in his project Boxing Helena and that she broke her word.

There wasn't even a written contract, but in a subsequent lawsuit, a court ruled against Basinger to the tune of roughly $8 million. During testimony in that case, it was revealed that of Basinger's nine previous films, she had signed only two formal contracts.

I speak of an extraordinary case, of course. According to Jeffery Erb, whose company, FeverPitch Pictures, is producing Let the Game Begin with Adam Rodriguez, usually an initial payment seals a deal. More often, he says, an actor is officially on board upon the creation of a "short-form memo." That is sort of a letter of intent, stating an actor plans to appear in a movie and that producers can go ahead and announce that to the world while everyone works out a long-form contract.

Most of the time, the star approves the long-form contract a few weeks later, crossing all the t's and putting hearts over all the i's, and everything is grand. But occasionally, a deal goes sour somewhere between the short-form memo and the contract, and an actor, as Variety says, "ankles."

Maybe that's what happened in the case you mention involving Anne Hathaway. Officially, she left the movie after she'd been announced as the female lead, citing "creative differences."

http://www.eonline.com/gossip/answer/?uuid=23ccac3d-cbd3-4143-a874-9ace3a738909

Offline Artiste

« Reply #3318 on: November 06, 2007, 01:25:42 pm »
Did Jake G. ever got away from doing a movie he had commited to do so?

Hugs!

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #3319 on: November 06, 2007, 03:29:56 pm »
No idea whether Jake ever walked away from a role. That kind of thing isn't advertised, but in most cases kept under wraps and away from the public, I would suppose. It hardly makes for good publicity, - neither for film nor actor.

Thank you Leslie, that was interesting and I think it cleared things up. I take it then we're to surmise that Jake and Ms. Biel are in the stage after the short form memo has been prepared and "accepted", but before a long form contract has yet been signed.

(I remember the Boxing Helena Basinger debacle, now that I've been reminded of it....Never had the details though.  And I also remember that such things can cut both ways; directors/producers walk away from contracts too. From my previous fandom life, I sure recall Peter Jackson booting Stuart Townsend out of the Aragorn role well after rehearsals to start filming the Rings trilogy had started in New Zealand.... and Viggo Mortensen signed on for a year and a half of swordfighting in New Zealand after being given a full day or so to contemplate jumping on that next plane south. And very recently Peter J. did it again - dismissing his lead actor from his upcoming movie. But I totally digress here....)

Your article also happened to highlight something entirely else for me: Which actress I'd like to take the female role, should Jessica Biel for any reason not end up with it. I'd *love* for Anne Hathaway to take that role!! She's beautiful and delightful and she's got great comic timing and presence and that special glint in her eyes IMO. I admit to thinking, every time my DVD player reaches "Noone's gonna love you like me, noone else, can't you see...." that Anne and Jake have *got* to be the most gorgeous "young Hollywood" actor and actress there is to be seen playing a traditional onscreen couple; -  they look so good together. I'd *love* to see them do another film, one where they get *very* romantically involved, to be sure.  :) (Preferrably one where Jake may remain moustache-less and Anne doesn't have to don blond wigs!)