Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3212283 times)

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #3330 on: November 07, 2007, 05:59:29 pm »
Seems he's walking out of a morning with his girlfriend to get coffee. 

And.... he's shaved! Yay. He looks ever so much younger, better.....that special knee-buckling grin seems to be slowly returning to form too.   8)

(The pics are certainly pap ones, although not particularly intrusive. And I know there are people who wish the whole recent romance away too, so... be warned on all accounts and proceede with the link-clicking at your own risk! )

http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/17233008.html#cutid1

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • no way out but through
« Reply #3331 on: November 07, 2007, 06:45:46 pm »
"click at your own risk"  hahaha...

I wish (because all fangirls get to wish, right?) that they could just look happy together... One nice, smiley pose at the cameras together...

Now I realize that they can do whatever they like, they ain't obligated to look happy for us, etc...  but still, I wish it...

If they can look happy individually for the cameras?  Why can't they look happy together for the cameras? 

(please don't give me a lecture anyone, it's just a wish I have...)

::)
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #3332 on: November 07, 2007, 07:09:13 pm »
When was that taken?

Hugs to you Jake G.!

Hugs!

mvansand76

« Reply #3333 on: November 08, 2007, 07:13:54 am »
"click at your own risk"  hahaha...

I wish (because all fangirls get to wish, right?) that they could just look happy together... One nice, smiley pose at the cameras together...

Now I realize that they can do whatever they like, they ain't obligated to look happy for us, etc...  but still, I wish it...

If they can look happy individually for the cameras?  Why can't they look happy together for the cameras? 

(please don't give me a lecture anyone, it's just a wish I have...)

I soooooo agree, NB! It's the same thing I thought about Michelle and Heath and look where they are now!  :-\

Still don't really believe this whole thing and I still wonder why they have to keep it under wraps and lie about it to the public. Why can't they at least be honest and come out and tell everybody? The only reason I can think of is that they are not 'serious', you know, the kind of 'convenience' relationship where you don't really acknowledge to each other that you are in one, let alone to the press?

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #3334 on: November 08, 2007, 09:24:49 am »

From Celebrity Diary.com

"Oscar winner Reese Witherspoon has slammed  Britney Spears, Lindsay Lohan And Paris Hilton for being bad role models. She told to Contactmusic: “We don’t need to keep reading about female celebrities who are out there posing all the time and craving attention and exploiting the sex symbol stereotype,” My mother and grandmother fought incredibly hard against a male establishment to become high achievers in their lives, and I think women should be able to be sexy and smart and successful - without being silly and aimless.” she says."
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #3335 on: November 08, 2007, 09:25:33 am »
Life is not a dress rehearsal

mvansand76

« Reply #3336 on: November 08, 2007, 09:56:53 am »
Sorry, but the beard has to go.   

....and that could be taken more than one way!     LOL.

Do you really believe that whole 'beard mechanism' (for lack of a better word) exists in Hollywood?

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #3337 on: November 08, 2007, 01:16:41 pm »
I just happened to see a documentary about why there are "no gay actors" in Hollywood - and the backlash there had been for those in the past that even semi-came out. Cary Grant. I had no idea. But they told a real sorry tale of him leaving his bf after studio pressure and marrying 5 consequtive women and drinking a lot... And there were more stories like that about other actors. Who had experienced a real backlash and had been made to toe the line as a hunk for the ladies. It set me to thinking.

It made me think of what Jake experienced related to Brokeback. There were anti-gay protesters along their route to the Oscars (Annie Proulx commented on that). And he had some really ugly remarks thrown at him outside the BAFTAS. There was an immense pressure and focus on him (and Heath) for a long time.... not all of it pleasant and much of it must have felt totally overwhelming however well he seemed to field it. Several of the gossip sites keep hinting or saying openly that he's gay. It must have given him pause after a while concerning even leaving open the possibility that he would not be "afraid, if it happened". which he said at one point.

And yes, I think there is just as much pressure (at least for mainstream movie stars) in Hollywood to conform to the "wholesome" hetero ideals as there ever was.  Look at what happened to Brokeback's Oscar loss and the obvious reason for it. Look at the general anti-gay mood in the US these days... Homophobia all the way.

Even if there wasn't that whole homophobic "conform or get no good roles" issue; - imagine some big time movie star coming out. That would be the only thing the poor man would ever get to talk about and comment on, wouldn't it? He'd be a poster child for gay Hollywood, and be held up for scrutiny in every thing he said and did. He'd receive a lot of ugly constant attention from gay-bashers as well. That kind of constant attantion - both the well-meaning and the ugly - must be quite constraining and tiresome and not necessarily the one big mission in life that any person would feel comfortable with taking on....

I'm not saying anything about Jake specifically, I have no idea about that and I have no right whatsoever to be speculating. He may be the straightest man on the planet. But I do think that if the current affair isn't the big true love thing for whatever reason, he still has many strong carreer-related reasons to be eager to present himself as in a serious relationship with a famous attractive woman, - to dispell those rumours that has been circulating and were fuelled by Brokeback. (And without too much fuss, I can manage to come up with a reason or two for Reese to go along with it.)

In short, yes in general I do think the "beard" phenomenon is alive and kicking in Hollywood.

And I agree with you Mel that I don't get the "totally in love" vibes from the RW/JG pics I've seen, so I remain a bit doubtful about what that is really all about. Not that it's any of my business, but... well... can't go on the net anywhere these days without seeing something about it.

And anyway, probably we'll have some really schmoopy pics soon, dispelling all doubt about them being madly in love.  ;D

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • no way out but through
« Reply #3338 on: November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 pm »
Hey Mikaela,

Your points are all really good ones, I think.  What is the name of the documentary you watched?

I would love to see some schmoopy pics...  just cause sometimes it's nice to see folks looking schmoopy!

“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #3339 on: November 08, 2007, 05:42:28 pm »
Thanks Milesela!

Your research and comments on that is revealing!

Maybe you know that I am a gay man. When I was doing recently in Quebec an exhibition of my paintings I created, I had a known visitor artist who came with a relative of his ( a nephew I think he had said), but when I mentioned that they and I go two minutes next door to see paintings by a painter (I presume gay one) in a gay bar, I got refused! One minute before, I showed them an ad and an article in a gay magazine about those paintings in the gay bar... and told them that there was nothing wrong seeing them there, even if they show nude men as a subject. I added that they were well done and nothing so revealing (no penis nor obscene subjects), but I could NOT get them to see that exhibition.

Because that exhibition was in a gay bar or they thought that the artist might be a gay man, or was it because the subject of the paintings were nude men???

Any thoughts from you and others?  I am still shocked by their refusal!

Hugs!