Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3211440 times)

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #3790 on: March 26, 2008, 07:44:17 pm »

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #3791 on: March 26, 2008, 09:57:02 pm »
What a strange way to phrase a headline about a possible engagement on the Us magazine cover.

"His family wants a wedding..."-  ???  Well, does he want a wedding... or just his family??  And same with the second part - "her kids love him." Well, does she love him?  There's something so strangely passive and impersonal about that headline.
 ???

The first part about "his family wants a wedding" - just sounds so peculiar.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #3792 on: March 26, 2008, 11:35:30 pm »
Sorry, it wasn't the plaid I found particularly interesting - it was the Ennisian brown and tan that seems new.  No one needs to agree with me.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #3793 on: March 26, 2008, 11:45:34 pm »
Sorry, it wasn't the plaid I found particularly interesting - it was the Ennisian brown and tan that seems new.  No one needs to agree with me.

I agree that this could be significant!

I think the plaid could be important since Ennis is predominantly the plaid-wearing cowboy... and never solid colored shirts.  This seems especially possible since some of the plaid shirts appear to be at least slightly western in style and tailoring.  And, the brown is definitely an Ennis color (I'm not so sure about the black though  ;) ;D ).  I think the plaid shirt is a definite sign that Jake is a Brokie (as if there was ever any doubt).  ;D :-*  I think it's a lovely observation Elle.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #3794 on: March 26, 2008, 11:51:32 pm »
I agree that this could be significant!

I think the plaid could be important since Ennis is predominantly the plaid-wearing cowboy... and never solid colored shirts.  This seems especially possible since some of the plaid shirts appear to be at least slightly western in style and tailoring.  And, the brown is definitely an Ennis color (I'm not so sure about the black though  ;) ;D ).  I think the plaid shirt is a definite sign that Jake is a Brokie (as if there was ever any doubt).  ;D :-*  I think it's a lovely observation Elle.

Oh, the black is for mourning, as I see it.

Offline myprivatejack

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Little darlin´
« Reply #3795 on: March 27, 2008, 01:47:56 pm »
A little bit of Jack Twist is always welcome; above all,if he´s as lovely as here... :P

I like your silences,quiet conversations of evident sensations,where our words are life´s tinsels.
The lost illusions are the found truths.

Offline myprivatejack

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Little darlin´
« Reply #3796 on: March 27, 2008, 01:50:47 pm »
Or as here...

I like your silences,quiet conversations of evident sensations,where our words are life´s tinsels.
The lost illusions are the found truths.

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3797 on: March 27, 2008, 05:25:10 pm »
What a strange way to phrase a headline about a possible engagement on the Us magazine cover.

"His family wants a wedding..."-  ???  Well, does he want a wedding... or just his family??  And same with the second part - "her kids love him." Well, does she love him?  There's something so strangely passive and impersonal about that headline.
 ???

The first part about "his family wants a wedding" - just sounds so peculiar.

I think he and Reese look happy together. And i think it's pretty serious and it's also a good sign that his family supports them. I just wish everything were a bit more private. In the new US Weekly scans (you can find them in the iheartjake.com forum), Reese even shows the inside of her new house.

Oh Ellemeno, it would be sweet if the plaid shirt was a little tribute, but i personally doubt it. Hey, but you can never know... ;)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #3798 on: March 27, 2008, 10:17:25 pm »

They do appear happy in that photo.  I just think the headline is poorly written and sort of silly sounding.

Offline BelAir

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3799 on: March 28, 2008, 10:51:57 pm »
They do appear happy in that photo.  I just think the headline is poorly written and sort of silly sounding.

yes, as most of them (i.e. Us weekly headlines) are...

:-*

came across this today:
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."