Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3210229 times)

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #3340 on: November 08, 2007, 06:13:25 pm »
Hey Mikaela,

Your points are all really good ones, I think.  What is the name of the documentary you watched?

I would love to see some schmoopy pics...  just cause sometimes it's nice to see folks looking schmoopy!

::)

The documentary was American and had been inserted into a regular national TV movie programme. It was entitled "Gay in Hollywood" and started with Rudolph Valentino and moved through movie history till slightly before Brokeback, dealing with gay and lesbian actors and the pressure to conform they'd been working under. (Brokeback to my surprise wasn't mentioned, which indicates the programme really probably was a couple of years old.)

I'd love some schmoopy pics too. I'm not a big fan of Reese Witherspoon and her dating Jake doesn't change that - but totally happy schmoopy people are nice to see no matter what.  :)

---

Artiste, I don't know - there might be no more to it than lack of time on their part...

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #3341 on: November 08, 2007, 07:06:28 pm »
Thanks!

Any clip of Gay in Hollywood??

Like one or more on YouTube?

Hugs!

Offline iwishiknew

• Jr. Ranch Hand
  • A man we see with our eyes and hear with our heart
« Reply #3342 on: November 09, 2007, 01:57:16 am »

no insult to anyone intended. Just funnin'

Offline trekfan

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Their Love Will Live Forever!
« Reply #3343 on: November 10, 2007, 05:07:21 pm »
Okay I have a question.  Some terminology is new to me (I was at a Brokie gathering last month and learned the terms "clutch the Pearls" and what a fluffer is

I'm a straight woman with a very open mind.   And fell in love with BBM and Ennis and Jack and cry my eyes out everytime I see the movie (if I watch the entire thing,  which I hadn't until I met up with the other Brokies. then we had a group cry)

What is a beard?  (aside from the one we are very happy Jake shaved off at last)

also
Artiste. I am wondering if this artist's nephew knew his uncle is gay?   How old was the nephew? It seems to me he was afraid to take him into that gay bar no matter WHAT the reason was. 

I'm sorry for the refusal.   If I had been there I would have gone with you?  What kind of artwork do you do?  have you ever done any BBM Stuff    I am honored to know two artists personally who have done some BBM pieces

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #3344 on: November 10, 2007, 07:48:11 pm »
According to Wikipedia;

In gay slang, a beard is a companion of the opposite sex used to hide a homosexual's sexuality by appearing in public as if the two were a heterosexual couple. The term originated in the mid-1960s and is derived from the notion that a man with a woman on his arm looks more masculine, like a man with a beard.

Offline trekfan

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #3345 on: November 10, 2007, 08:11:02 pm »
According to Wikipedia;

Thank you Mikaela.   I tried looking on Wikipedia but didn't find what you did.   

;D   

Offline Artiste

« Reply #3346 on: November 11, 2007, 01:31:50 pm »
Thanks trekfan!

So maybe the uncle is gay?

And too shy to show that to his nephew? I did feel that too... as a maybe.

Should I ask him?

Hugs!

Offline trekfan

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #3347 on: November 11, 2007, 07:18:00 pm »
Thanks trekfan!

So maybe the uncle is gay?

And too shy to show that to his nephew? I did feel that too... as a maybe.

Should I ask him?

Hugs!

It sure sounds like it to me.   Like he was afraid to be found out.    Well it depends on how well you know this guy.  He might take offense and deny he's gay.   If he is.  Do you know if he is gay or not?  Or was it the fact he wouldn't go into the gay bar so you could show him the pictures?

hugs!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #3348 on: November 11, 2007, 09:17:09 pm »
Thanks trekfan!

Maybe, it is because he was displeased with the gallery owner who seem to have given him bad directions, previously!

But he did look intensity at that chap's painting which was in the gay magazine, and read the article about him!

I know that he is married to a woman. Only known him for 3 years. Hard to tell: just like if Jake is gay or straight?

You might be right that he did not want to give clue to his nephew? Will see... maybe??

Hugs!

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #3349 on: November 12, 2007, 02:03:10 am »
Thanks, Mikaela. I, too, had wondered about the beard thing.
Well, should Jake be gay, he at least got himself a pretty beard to walk around with...  ;)