Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3198125 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #3720 on: February 27, 2008, 03:25:16 pm »
Mikaela I hope you don,t mind me asking and forgive me if I,m being nosey, but would your disenchantment with Jake at the moment, have anything to do with the fact that as far as I,m aware, he hasn,t said anything in public, ie a statment regarding Heath? I won,t bite your head of for your views I can assure you. Your as entitled to your views as anyone else. I can,t help wondering why he hasn,t said anything. I appreciate fully it must be hard for him, but I honestly would have thought he would by now. No he doesn,t HAVE too, I just thought that he would have.  :-\

And it's been five weeks since Heath's death, so I am not expecting any sort of "official" public statement. The time for that has passed. Why he chose not too, we'll probably never know.

I suspect at some point, in an interview, he might make some comment like, "Heath was a good friend. I miss him." But I really don't expect anything more than that.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3721 on: February 27, 2008, 03:47:47 pm »
I think the activity and interest in Jake in the BBM community will increase when "Brothers" comes out.
Outside the BBM community fans of Jake seem not to care one way or the other about whether he released a statement or not.

As for Heath's board, i think when his 2 last movies come out there'll be much activity, after that it's going to be less and less. Very sad thinking about that, but it's the truth. :(

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #3722 on: February 27, 2008, 03:54:21 pm »
Souxi, I sent you a PM with a reply to your specific question.

Otherwise I prefer trying to keep quiet as I see that there is some considerable tension among Jake fans at present and I don't want to be caught in the middle of that, frankly. Wouldn't change my feelings anyway.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #3723 on: February 27, 2008, 03:58:19 pm »
I think the activity and interest in Jake in the BBM community will increase when "Brothers" comes out.
Outside the BBM community fans of Jake seem not to care one way or the other about whether he released a statement or not.

As for Heath's board, i think when his 2 last movies come out there'll be much activity, after that it's going to be less and less. Very sad thinking about that, but it's the truth. :(

I think it makes perfect sense and is certainly appropriate that HHH has such high-interest at the moment.  I'm sure you're right that traffic levels on the two threads will fluctuate and change as time moves on... new films are released, etc.  It just keeps seeming important to me to try to find a way not to drive wedges between the Jake and Heath fans... in terms of the health and harmony of the Brokie community/ boards like BetterMost.  The dynamics of all of this during this big moment of change and transition are fascinating to observe.  And, the differences between JJJ and HHH will always be marked from now on... more so than ever in the past.  I can imagine that adjusting to all of this may continue to be a bit of a rocky experience for the Brokie community for a while.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3724 on: February 27, 2008, 04:11:53 pm »
Well, i  believe it's pretty obvious why there is more traffic on HHH at the moment. The man died just a month ago and his as well as some Jake fans want/feel the need to pay tribute to Heath. I think in a few months everything will get back to "normal" in the JJJ threads. Let's see what happens with Heath's threads after his last two films come out... i fear not much. :(

Offline BelAir

« Reply #3725 on: February 27, 2008, 09:25:44 pm »
just chiming in with my own speculations...  I personally don't feel my own feelings towards Jake have changed... in all honesty my interest in him has always waxed and waned.  I have had interest in his movies, and intermittent interest in his looks, but have never felt "captivated" like I was/am with Heath.

I do think, however, that I was so caught off guard and devastated by Heath's death, that I will likely resist being "captivated" by another celebrity for some time... so maybe some of the lack of Jake talk has to do with restructuring one's lifes/priorities...

I really have no idea, so please no one think I am personally speak of/for/about them.  I am truly just speculating...
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #3726 on: February 28, 2008, 04:32:28 am »
I don't get why there would be any competition between Heath and Jake.

HHH was heating up before Jan 22nd-primarily because of his movie activity and he was being seen out and about more. Jake's was dying down because he was still in the middle of a project and was laying low and staying away from the paps. I think we were doing a good job of not dissing his relationship with Reese so there wasn't much discussion there. Oddly enough, I was just beginning to take more interest in JJJ but then after Heath's death, I pretty much lost interest in everything.

Heathen

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3727 on: February 28, 2008, 11:16:20 am »
Jake attended another party, this time with Reese:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/headline/features/5575701.html
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 04:08:29 pm by MilAn »

Offline BelAir

« Reply #3728 on: February 28, 2008, 11:35:54 pm »
I don't get why there would be any competition between Heath and Jake.

HHH was heating up before Jan 22nd-primarily because of his movie activity and he was being seen out and about more. Jake's was dying down because he was still in the middle of a project and was laying low and staying away from the paps. I think we were doing a good job of not dissing his relationship with Reese so there wasn't much discussion there. Oddly enough, I was just beginning to take more interest in JJJ but then after Heath's death, I pretty much lost interest in everything.

aww RouxB's....   :-*.... 

I'm glad you still have interest in visiting B'most!
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline myprivatejack

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Little darlin´
« Reply #3729 on: February 29, 2008, 01:21:09 pm »
I'm afraid to agree with Mikaela; I also feel a little disappointed with Jake.The question is not if he must have spoken or not much before;I've already said that if it had served to "nurture" some kind of vultures about some very personal questions,it would be better to him to shut up.I feel disappointed for not having attended his good friend's burial-according to all evidences,that's true...-and the general sense of let the "thing" apart that he seems to have.I don't mind,really,if fans insult me or something like that; good actors are,above all,human being,with all that this means.I'm sorry.
I like your silences,quiet conversations of evident sensations,where our words are life´s tinsels.
The lost illusions are the found truths.