Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3198342 times)

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #4080 on: July 03, 2008, 02:18:08 pm »
Jake attached to Fincher's "Torso":

This is not the first comic that Fincher has acquired the rights to. Fincher also has the rights to Marc Andreyko and Brian Michael Bendis' graphic novel Torso, with Jake Gyllenhaal attached to the lead role.

http://www.superheroflix.com/news/16/29716.php

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #4081 on: July 03, 2008, 02:20:04 pm »
A lot more Jake-a-horseback photos here:

http://gyllenbabble.blogspot.com/2008/07/horse-is-horse-of-course-of-course.html

Click on photos to enlarge!

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #4082 on: July 03, 2008, 03:28:08 pm »
Long air and muscles look good on Jake.  Nice pecks too.   :o

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4083 on: July 05, 2008, 02:57:10 pm »
Jake and Reese holding each other at a concert:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27926892@N06/2635394657/sizes/l/

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #4084 on: July 05, 2008, 03:02:31 pm »
Jake and Reese holding each other at a concert:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27926892@N06/2635394657/sizes/l/

Here's the photo:

We know where he got that little move, don't we?  ;)

mvansand76

« Reply #4085 on: July 05, 2008, 03:17:20 pm »
Here's the photo:
We know where he got that little move, don't we?  ;)

;D

Aaawwwww....

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4086 on: July 05, 2008, 05:28:04 pm »
It's great they found each other. I think they love each other very much and i predict marriage in the near future and maybe a "Gyllenspoon" baby... This relationship could last.

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #4087 on: July 07, 2008, 10:05:13 am »
We love you Jake G. !

Offline BelAir

« Reply #4088 on: July 08, 2008, 09:50:44 am »
I finally saw Rendition...  I seem to remember it getting less than stellar reviews.  Not quite sure why.  I thought it was pretty good, compelling, etc...

I noticed sometimes that Douglas seemed to walk like older Jack... do you guys know if this is a coincidence, or if Jake has some sort of long standing injury/limp?

Thanks.

"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #4089 on: July 08, 2008, 10:38:45 am »
I finally saw Rendition...  I seem to remember it getting less than stellar reviews.  Not quite sure why.  I thought it was pretty good, compelling, etc...

I thought it was an earnest and decent film and well-intentioned film, - trying to convey the logic as well as a relatively humane message. But.... for me, personally, it was too simplistic and black/white throughout to actually mirror and serve as a good commentary to current events, and the ending was entirely and totally unrealistic and ruined much of what had gone before. (Anyone having a humanistic epiphany like that, and managing to act on it? Spanish Immigration and US Homeland Security can be fooled by one fake passport that easily? Even when sported by a haggard arabic-looking guy in ill-fitting clothes and without luggage? The papers actually took up this issue and gave it the full  scrutiny it deserved?  Our guy actually arrived home to wife and kid to tell the tale of what he'd gone through and was allowed to do so? .....Dream on.)

The acting was far from stellar from all except Omar Metwally (sp?) A lot was indifferent, some practically phoned it in, notably Peter Sarsgaard, and some over-emoted waaay over the top, all chances of character nuances lost as a consequence - this particularly applied to Reese W.

And the weird time twist of the parallell plot line was unnecessarily confusing.

All this just IMO of course.
I noticed sometimes that Douglas seemed to walk like older Jack... do you guys know if this is a coincidence, or if Jake has some sort of long standing injury/limp?
He hasn't got a limp or injury, AFAIK. I suppose it was neither coincidence nor a deliberate old Jack-similarity - probably just Jake's particular way of acting guys older than himself with a heavy load of worry weighing them down.

\