Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3210928 times)

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #3850 on: April 18, 2008, 12:33:12 pm »
Well if it is true then it could simply be that the poor guy had a bad day, or maybe it was some of his grief over Heath coming out,or he could have simply been in a bad mood, who knows. It just proves that he,s human like the rest of us. I don,t understand why the press have to make such a big deal out of it. So he lost his temper....................and?   ::)

Agreed, I could fill a whole series of albums with my bad days!!!! I don't get this need of the public to expect perfection at all times.The actors are humans doing a job,albeit soem better than others.I certainly had bad days when I was working,in fact outright prima donna days sometimes.
I hate the fact that we put these people on a pedestal and then seem to delight in kicking them off.

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3851 on: April 18, 2008, 04:38:47 pm »
US magazine has a new Jake pic, he's in character for Nailed:

http://www.usmagazine.com/hot_pics_gallery

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3852 on: April 18, 2008, 06:46:44 pm »

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3853 on: April 18, 2008, 06:47:58 pm »

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3854 on: April 19, 2008, 10:32:52 pm »
He's such a young congressman. I know a representative can be 25 years old (legal limit per U.S. Constitution), but how oftern does that happen, except for the likes of Patrick Kennedy when you have a name? Do you think they are trying to age him for the part?  Maybe they could put some gray in his hair.   I wonder if he plays a Republican?  ;)

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3855 on: April 20, 2008, 04:15:09 pm »

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3857 on: April 23, 2008, 03:57:28 pm »
Things are not going well on the set of Jake's new movie!

James Caan exits movie over cookie controversy

Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:31am EDT

By Gregg Goldstein

NEW YORK (Hollywood Reporter) - James Caan has left the political comedy "Nailed" after a dispute led him to storm off the set, and it all seems to have centered on a cookie.

The trouble started last Wednesday on the first of Caan's two days of shooting the role of a U.S. speaker of the house who chokes to death on a cookie. Director David O. Russell asked him to cough as he choked, but Caan argued that the character couldn't cough and choke to death at the same time.

Russell suggested that they shoot it both ways, but the veteran "Godfather" actor expressed distrust that his version would be considered and left the South Carolina set. A spokesman for Caan wouldn't confirm or deny the specifics of what happened but said with a laugh that there were creative differences and the departure was amicable.

Producer Douglas Wick said the discussion was "part of an ongoing creative conversation between the actor and director" and that Russell has behaved professionally throughout the shoot.

Caan's part is being recast. The shoot began April 15.

"Nailed" stars Jake Gyllenhaal, Jessica Biel, James Marsden, Catherine Keener, Tracy Morgan and Olivia Crocicchia in the tale of a woman who gets a nail lodged in her head and travels to Washington to fight for better health care.

Russell has a reputation for on-set battles. He had well-documented differences with George Clooney (in which the two came to blows on the set of "Three Kings") and Lily Tomlin (in heated verbal exchanges on the set of "I Heart Huckabees" as seen last year on YouTube).

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

http://www.reuters.com/articlePrint?articleId=USN2337701620080423
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3858 on: April 23, 2008, 05:14:33 pm »
"Things are not going well on the set of Jake's new movie!"

Yes, but the end result is what counts! ;)

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3859 on: April 25, 2008, 07:29:27 am »