Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3211062 times)

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #4090 on: July 08, 2008, 12:29:46 pm »
With regard to Rendition, I thought the estranged daughter's relationship with her father and her secret relationship with her boyfriend were far more interesting storylines than whether the captive made his way back home to his family in America.  (Reese's character didn't move me -- pregnancy and all.)  As for Jake, I found his performance adequate.  Maybe he did the best he could with the way the role was written.  I don't know.

If you rent the DVD, be sure to check out the bonus features.  I found the one where they describe how they filmed the major scene in the town square very interesting.  That particular scene was filmed in Morocco.  It's a very involved scene with a lot going on, and it's quite interesting to see how they pulled it off.  The Moroccans who worked as extras really did an outstanding job.

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4091 on: July 08, 2008, 02:33:45 pm »
Jake (with PoP hair, probably extentions) and Reese leaving restaurant in London causing a lot of paparazzi attention:

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #4092 on: July 08, 2008, 02:42:55 pm »
Jake (with PoP hair, probably extentions) and Reese leaving restaurant in London causing a lot of paparazzi attention:

I can't resist this observation... the shirt Jake is wearing there reminds me of the shirt Ennis wears while he's laying asphalt with the road-paving crew.
 ;D

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #4093 on: July 08, 2008, 02:54:57 pm »
Yes it does....

...judging by their respective outfits, you'd never know they'd actually been to the same restaurant. Jake sure doesn't seem to be into overdressing these days!  ;D

Do we know whether the PoP character sports a beard? I think Jake's beard adds 10 years or more to his face so I was hoping he'd be clean shaven. Seeing that this has to be the kind of Pirates-type role where the main character's looks play an important part in the movie's appeal, and all.

Offline BelAir

« Reply #4094 on: July 08, 2008, 03:07:46 pm »
I am one of the few who likes Jake with beard, lol...

::)

I was thinking that they certainly didn't look like they had been to similar events - Reese looks dressed up for a shindig and Jake just looks like he's "headed home" from work or what not.
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #4095 on: July 09, 2008, 01:58:50 am »
Doesn't seem like Jake not to smarten up where appropriate.  Seems more like someone else we miss...

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #4096 on: July 09, 2008, 04:57:14 am »
* Sigh*

Yes it does. But even more so if you'd throw a weird hat or a message T-shirt or knee-length throusers into the mix...

Offline sel

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #4097 on: July 09, 2008, 05:22:29 am »
I noticed sometimes that Douglas seemed to walk like older Jack... do you guys know if this is a coincidence, or if Jake has some sort of long standing injury/limp?

All this just IMO of course.He hasn't got a limp or injury, AFAIK. I suppose it was neither coincidence nor a deliberate old Jack-similarity - probably just Jake's particular way of acting guys older than himself with a heavy load of worry weighing them down.

I have been wondering myself about that way of walking. I have come to the conclusion that it is typical of Jake as I have noticed it in Jarhead too where he plays a young character. I also noticed it, to a smaller extent though, in The good girl.
BbM, I swear

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #4098 on: July 09, 2008, 11:08:27 am »
I have been wondering myself about that way of walking. I have come to the conclusion that it is typical of Jake as I have noticed it in Jarhead too where he plays a young character. I also noticed it, to a smaller extent though, in The good girl.

I think he does walk - strange?, funny?, disharmonious? when seen from behind.
To me, it's the most abvious in BBM when he walks out of the bar after the Jimbo-scene. I thinks he walks somehow "sideways", a bit bent to the side. And this is a young Jack scene.
I've also seen it in other scenes in BBM and in other films with Jake. Therefore I think it's a Jake-thingie, not adopted for the Jack Twist role. It's not a limp, just a small irregularity.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #4099 on: July 09, 2008, 02:00:45 pm »

I think he does walk - strange?, funny?, disharmonious? when seen from behind.
To me, it's the most abvious in BBM when he walks out of the bar after the Jimbo-scene. I thinks he walks somehow "sideways", a bit bent to the side. And this is a young Jack scene.
I've also seen it in other scenes in BBM and in other films with Jake. Therefore I think it's a Jake-thingie, not adopted for the Jack Twist role. It's not a limp, just a small irregularity.

I thought he limped away from Jimbo because he had just fallen on his a$$ in the previous scene, and was "all busted up" with those crushed vertebrates and whatnot.