Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3210914 times)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #4000 on: June 08, 2008, 04:30:09 pm »

Back to the topic of women cutting their hair and life-changes for a sec... I wonder if there's any relevance or equivalence in those observations to men and their facial hair?  I'm of course, specifically thinking of Jack and his moustache.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #4001 on: June 08, 2008, 04:41:32 pm »
Back to the topic of women cutting their hair and life-changes for a sec... I wonder if there's any relevance or equivalence in those observations to men and their facial hair?  I'm of course, specifically thinking of Jack and his moustache.

The majority of men I know who have grown facial hair did it because they wanted to look more mature.  Then later, shaved it off to look younger.

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4002 on: June 08, 2008, 04:47:52 pm »

In the SS he grows the mustache after he has his buckteeth capped.It is mentioned that he now has some money in hs pockets and uses some of it to improve his appearance. It also seems to be implied that he spends some of it on other things, i.e maybe trips to Mexico.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #4003 on: June 08, 2008, 04:50:52 pm »

Before this turns into too much of an Open Forum topic... I'll just add that I've heard some folks sometimes refer to his facial hair as Jack's "moustache of disillusion".  To me it seems connected to the rejection he feels following Ennis's divorce and the distastefulness of what he's putting himself through with the trips to Mexico.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

mvansand76

« Reply #4004 on: June 09, 2008, 08:59:29 am »

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4005 on: June 09, 2008, 09:27:40 am »

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4006 on: June 09, 2008, 10:04:45 pm »
Is Jake going lowbrow?  That untitled Moon project screenwriter, per the article, has written a script for "Johnny Quest!"   Between this and the Prince of Persia, I wonder if Jake is drifting away from films with gravitaus.   I know he's done a number of serious films of late, with BROTHERS his next big film. Perhaps he's trying to broaden his horizons.

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #4007 on: June 13, 2008, 04:38:38 pm »
I was thinking; AFAIK Jake hasn't made one interview, or media appearance, or public appearance such as award shows,  or and public statement, since before mid-January.

It's not that he hasn't been visible - the pap pictures with Reese Witherspoon are too numerous to count by now...and they all seem to be carrying a "I'm doing great, leave me alone" statement all of their own. But for someone with 3 (or 4) films in the works, one of which a superhero thingie that will require as much hype as it can get, this must be deemed unusual, mustn't it? He's been lying reallly, really low. For nearly half a year. I wonder whether it's that he simply can't bring himself to have to say anything about Heath, and that's why he's been staying so out of sight. Or whether he's just so preoccupied with RW and her kids at the moment and hence avoids the media hoopla. Or whether it's entirely common that film stars keep this private inbetween their scheduled and contractually obligated film promotion gigs. I am a poor fan, I find I don't know much about general film star living.... at all.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #4008 on: June 13, 2008, 06:46:12 pm »
Where are you Jake G. ?

We love you !

Keep care,
au revoir,
hugs!

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #4009 on: June 13, 2008, 08:50:02 pm »
Is Jake going lowbrow?  That untitled Moon project screenwriter, per the article, has written a script for "Johnny Quest!"   Between this and the Prince of Persia, I wonder if Jake is drifting away from films with gravitaus.   I know he's done a number of serious films of late, with BROTHERS his next big film. Perhaps he's trying to broaden his horizons.

He wanted a franchise.  Most are comedies or fantasies (The Bourne series is one exception).  So I think you're right.