Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3198201 times)

Offline BelAir

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #4050 on: June 30, 2008, 08:38:17 pm »
http://www.hellomagazine.com/photo-galleries.html?imagen=/film/2008/06/22/rachel-reese-london/imgs/reece-jake-1a.jpg&publi=&nactual=1&nnumeroactual=2&nfotos=2&subseccion=

"Romantic Reese has moved into a luxurious home in Notting Hill with her two children, Ava and Deacon, and beau Jake for the summer so she can be close to her Rendition co-star love."

They actually look very happy.

and he does look so very good in a suit...
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4051 on: June 30, 2008, 11:44:20 pm »
Jake and Reese in London with the children:

She came to dine at the Ledbury restaurant in Notting Hill with Jake Gyllenhaal and her two children on Sunday! Along with another family, probably her agent or something. She looks B-E-A-UTIFUL! Really natural.
Couldn't beleive to see them like that!

http://www.metro.co.uk/fame/article.html?in_article_id=193244&in_page_id=7

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #4052 on: July 01, 2008, 12:50:34 pm »
Hi everyone! I don't know if this has been mentioned before or not, but I wanted to let you know that Jake will be on the Ellen DeGeneres show TODAY. It is on at 1pm on NBC here in the St. Louis area (Central time zone), but you might want to check your local listings. I hope you can watch it!  :)

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #4053 on: July 01, 2008, 01:03:42 pm »
Merci Hadil !

Mother usually watches her. I do too, when I can.

I look foward to it at 4 oc'clock here eastern time !

Hope somebody tapes it and brings it here !

Offline optom3

« Reply #4054 on: July 01, 2008, 01:11:12 pm »
Hi everyone! I don't know if this has been mentioned before or not, but I wanted to let you know that Jake will be on the Ellen DeGeneres show TODAY. It is on at 1pm on NBC here in the St. Louis area (Central time zone), but you might want to check your local listings. I hope you can watch it!  :)

Surely Ellen will ask Jake about Heath,I think she knew him reasonably well, one of the houses he owned was bought from her and Portia.Unless she has been asked not to bring up the subject.
I will certainly watch it.

Offline Dobie1018

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #4055 on: July 01, 2008, 01:33:19 pm »
Ohhh!  I'm at work and won't be able to watch it!  Someone please fill us in on how the show went!!

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #4056 on: July 01, 2008, 01:59:46 pm »

Wow!  This is big news.  I wonder how this appearance slipped under the radar until today.  Thanks so much for letting us know Bud!  I'm at work too, so can't watch.  Can't wait to hear how the appearance goes.

Is he starting promotions for a film?

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #4057 on: July 01, 2008, 02:00:11 pm »
Wow - the magical blue-eyed mystery man re-emerges after half a year!  Both Jake and Heath have surely been on Ellen more times than one, as far as I recall... certainly Jake has been there twice in recent years, and he was in on that goofy birthday dance video various people made for her.... yep, she knew/knows both of them quite well. So if he *is* going to say something, the entirely friendly and sympathetic setting of Ellen's show would be the perfect place. Then again she'd also be entirely willing to not bring the subject up, I suppose, if he'd rather not.   This far down the track, she'll rather ask him about Reese and what's going on there, if anything private is discussed at all, I'm thinking.

We'll see. Or, you'll see. Obviously I can't watch it, so please do let us know what happens!

And just to make that clear, it's good to know he's finally re-emerging as an actor into the spotlight, where he belongs, whether or not he'll be saying anything about Heath.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #4058 on: July 01, 2008, 02:14:49 pm »
Wow - the magical blue-eyed mystery man re-emerges after half a year!  Both Jake and Heath have surely been on Ellen more times than one, as far as I recall... certainly Jake has been there twice in recent years, and he was in on that goofy birthday dance video various people made for her.... yep, she knew/knows both of them quite well. So if he *is* going to say something, the entirely friendly and sympathetic setting of Ellen's show would be the perfect place. Then again she'd also be entirely willing to not bring the subject up, I suppose, if he'd rather not.

Obviously I can't watch it, so please do let us know what happens!

And just to make that clear, it's good to know he's finally re-emerging as an actor into the spotlight, where he belongs, whether or not he'll be saying anything about Heath.

Heya Bud,
I agree with this.  It's certainly nice to see Jake emerging to do official appearances again.  And, it makes lots of sense that he'd want his first appearance to be in a super friendly venue where he feels comfortable.  And, you're right if Ellen is really friends with him, I'm sure she'll give him lots of space to make a statement that he's comfortable with or, she'd also probably be really sympathetic to helping steer the interview in a way that he won't have to mention Heath if he doesn't feel up to it.

I've seen a few on-camera interviews with Maggie on the subject of Heath (I've seen at least 2 on E!News)... which she probably really can't avoid given the context of The Dark Knight.  So, I wonder if that's having any kind of impact on Jake and his urge to re-emerge at this point.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #4059 on: July 01, 2008, 02:22:57 pm »
Come to think of it  (I added this bit to my previous post too) - I suppose it's more interesting by now to ask him about Reese and where they are - you know; are they getting serious and that kind of thing. Seeing that Ellen herself is getting married soon....

I think I'm totally projecting my own wishes onto it when thinking of the show - I'm very interested in anything that might be said about Heath, but couldn't care less about Reese Witherspoon. But I suppose most people would see it the other way around by now.
Then again, maybe not. Ellen's audience must be a relatively Brokeback-friendly crowd, I'd imagine.